Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes Benz 200e w124

Hey, I'm Ásgeir and I'm from Iceland.

I'm here to tell you a little bit about my daily driver.

Got it like this last summer

Few weeks later I had cut the springs and I put my 17" rims I had on it.

That wasn't enough so found a roofthingy (don't know the english name for it) and put it on along with some retro luggage bags.

Can't fit any shoe in there!

Then the automatic gearbox broke down.

changed that in the garage at home, not fun to do that on the floor!

It needed some more rust so me and my friend grinded the paint of the hood and put some beer and salt on it, later I put a vinegar, water and salt mix and that worked really well!

And the next thing I did was to put some Donald duck comics on the top of the car.

I also put satin clear on the rusted hood.

So now it looks like this

nice man! really diggin it,

I like the roof. any plans for it?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mule. View Post
      nice man! really diggin it,

I like the roof. any plans for it?
      Thanks man!

Well, I just finished the roof and I like how it looks right now. But I'll probably get some crazy idea soon. Meanwhile I'm just working on my 190e, its getting a pretty nice motor upgrade plus two turbos...

Comment

Seeing the rust in the 4th picture hurt a bit but you sure did transform it. Wonders what you can do to a car when you don't mind messing with it.

Comment

At first i was like rusty hood why??? Then i was like rusty hood, hell yea! lol and love the donald duck. How exactly did you do that?

Comment

rusty hood ok, donald duck i love, i actually have the comic book you put on your roof, but hole in the fender, dude, not cool

Comment

I'm going to guess you watch Mighty Car Mods. Going by some of the mods you've done
              BMW E34 V8 - Daily
              Merc 190E - Sold
              BMW 635CSi - Project
              Mercedes 190e Build Thread
              Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

Cool ideas, makes me sad to see it on a W124 though.

Comment

All the rust that is not on the hood just came with the car when I got it..

The car probably would have ended up at a scrapyard if I hadn't saved it. So I think it's better to see it in this state then seeing it as trash.

Yeah I have been watching mcm, love those guys, they gave me the idea of the donald duck roof.

About how I did the roof, I just kind of wallpapered it. Used clear coat and painted under each page and then over every page one at a time.

Comment

at least you didn't piss on the bonnet like the mcm guys did when they killed the golf

http://www.mvip.com.au
                    clicky^

Comment

Working...
                    X