I've secretly always wanted a wagon, so I bought a 1981 300TD W123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
    Are you going to be at the Leavenworth or stancewars show this summer ? If so , I cant wait to see your car . I love the lip & the Enkei's together , just finishes off the package .
    I should be there as usual. But there's a chance that I might be getting a job with MSC(military sealift command). and it's 4 months on 1 month off, so it's a tossup.

I really hope I make leavenworth though, I haven't missed one since starting in 2009... And this year I'll be turning 21 during it.
    1981 300TD 4 speed
    2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
    , on Flickr
    IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

• Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
      I should be there as usual. But there's a chance that I might be getting a job with MSC(military sealift command). and it's 4 months on 1 month off, so it's a tossup.

I really hope I make leavenworth though, I haven't missed one since starting in 2009... And this year I'll be turning 21 during it.
      SICK !
      Good luck on the job situation , i'm sure ill see you around at one of the shows this spring / summer
      Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
      My E28 Build

Comment

• oh is this one of those fancy German cars?
        @slowprogress

Comment

• W123's are definitely better with a manual trans. I wouldn't own one without that 3rd pedal.
          where do you source your parts? I need a lsd rear for my superturbodiesel.
          Mercedes:
          93' 190E Sportline
          80' 450SEL 6.9
          67' 250SE

Comment

• Originally posted by GTShunter View Post
            W123's are definitely better with a manual trans. I wouldn't own one without that 3rd pedal.
            where do you source your parts? I need a lsd rear for my superturbodiesel.
            I traded my CLK lightweights for pretty much everything. I did put in a new OE throw out bearing, master cylinder, and slave cylinder. The OE used Sachs clutch kit is already mad at me for putting twice the power through it.
            Originally posted by SlowProgress View Post
            oh is this one of those fancy German cars?
            Good one John! At least I don't have two of them! 😏
            1981 300TD 4 speed
            2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
            , on Flickr
            IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Interested in hearing how it works out, I'd like a pair of the rears someday to make a staggered set. When they were messaging me they said something about 16x8et11 front 16x9et0 rear, which is perfect.
              Only thing that is bothering me with Dkubus is that their Penta aren't original ones. It just doesn't feel the same to have replicas instead of the original ones. They still look very good tho.
              The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Comment

• Thanks to #MrBenz then Pentas are now delivered safely at my friend's house in Vancouver. As soon as I'm not poor I plan to drive up and secure them while making a bar hopping weekend out of it.

-Mike
                1981 300TD 4 speed
                2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                , on Flickr
                IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

• Leaving on friday to spend the weekend in Van, will be coming home with my pentas.

Also ordered some parts from autohausAZ, and snagged a fender roller from eastwood.
                  1981 300TD 4 speed
                  2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                  , on Flickr
                  IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

• Were you by any chance getting on 520 from 148th today around noon? I was getting off 520 and saw a wagon that looked a lot like yours.

Pic/Build Log: Here
                    Instagram: tha_notorious_b

Comment

• Originally posted by REVOofRustler View Post
                      Were you by any chance getting on 520 from 148th today around noon? I was getting off 520 and saw a wagon that looked a lot like yours.
                      Most likely, I live in crossroads and my rents live down 24th street.
                      1981 300TD 4 speed
                      2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                      , on Flickr
                      IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

• AMG's are on.

16x8ET11 front and rear with 225 50 16's. Rear has a 20mm H&R spacer so effectively 16x8ET-9mm...

1981 300TD 4 speed
                        2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                        , on Flickr
                        IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

• brilliant. MOAR!
                          2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                          2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                          1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• Not really much to update, switched from cut springs to H&R 50mm springs, new euro tech repro taillights, led third brake light, Amber corners again, switched to low spec euro headlights with vacuum adjust, and back to stock exhaust.

Should have a new house in a couple weeks, then a new modern daily so I can start a mild resto of this thing.

-Mike
                            1981 300TD 4 speed
                            2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                            , on Flickr
                            IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

• Ahhh so you're the one who got the wheels! Super happy I get to see them on S|W! I kinda wish I hadn't sold my w123 now :|

Love your car dude
                              Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

AMG's are on.

16x8ET11 front and rear with 225 50 16's. Rear has a 20mm H&R spacer so effectively 16x8ET-9mm...

Dammit Mike I'm going to have to start putting watermarks on my photos again

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Working...
                                X