No announcement yet.

76 Mini Clubman Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we are still getting some snow, decided to start mocking the MR2 supercharger on the clubby. I'm waiting for a few odds and ends to show up, and still have to tweak the tappet covers, waiting on a 10psi pulley, trying to decide on getting a standard boost gauge or to pony up for the AEM failsafe unit.*
    Anyway, here are a few pictures:

Picked up a old school MSD Boost timing master

The "Freeflow" header needed some massaging, which I can only assume was because I am using a long engine steady, it just touches the rear of the subframe right before the bend.

New dash and switch panel I made up finally installed.

Last edited by notabmw1; 02-19-2015, 11:17 AM.

1998 Astro, 1976 Mini Clubman Estate, 1985 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Comment

That dash came together so nicely. I love this little thing, superchargers gonn' be good.

Comment

love this thread keep it up

Comment

I was working on the smaller details while waiting on some parts (tappet covers to mod, 10psi crank pulley, catch can, boost gauge, and speakers). So I fabbed up this 1/2" heater hose line to bring the return line to the other side so it is clear of the supercharger. I think it turned out good. Just waiting on 1/2" bulk head plate to run heater hoses through.

Painted green. Thinking about putting some crinkle black on the supercharger, we will see.

Comment

that bay is getting rather full

sweet updates
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Well, now the fun process of dis assembly to build it back up. I finally got my custom 10 psi pulley with harmonic balancer, so I need to pop that on. And I have been trying to fabricate new tappet covers with breather to go to the catch can that will be on the left side of the engine bay. The freeflow header while I like the design, I have never had this much of headache wrestling it in... only for it to touch the rear of the subframe. So out it came for a little massaging, and slight shortening.... and it still was a big pain in the ass to get back in. I assume it kissed the rear of the subframe possibly because of having the "long" engine steady which tips it up a hair. Anyway, still hoping to get it going this week, but it will be tight now that I am going full steam ahead on the green Mini.

10 vs 15psi pulley. Yikes!

Manual heater valve, and 1/2" bulkhead heater hose plate. I installed the valve in the engine bay, but for cleaner appearances I think I will relocate inside.

Comment

Got the crank pulley fitted and belt fitted up.

Heater hoses routed, oil catch can installed

Rocker cover breather

Tappet cover breather being made up.

Ain't the prettiest, but hopefully it will get the job done.

The tappet breather exits under the header, infront of the slave cylinder.

New 4 fuse block triggered off ignition for "accessories IE Fuel pump, msd box, etc), also can see the 3/4" Boom Mat on the firewall. We will see how that works out.

Autometer boost gauge installed in a bod on the steering column.

Interior starting to look tasty.

Polk Audio 3.5" dash speakers installed, vent trim retained to "finish it off".

Comment

daaang this thing is getting all kinds of awesome.

kinda miss the red "supercharged" decal you had on the SC

Comment

Getting super close!

Comment

• 76 Mini Sc12 Supercharger
                      First run of the Sc12 Supercharger setup on a stock 1098 engine in my 1976 Mini Clubman Estate. Besides needing to get the idle down, pretty chuffed with it overall. A little more tweaking, and hopefully hit the streets soon.

Spec:
                      1980's MR2 Supercharger, also known as the Sc12 Supercharger. Stock 1098 with 8:3-1 Compression in good health (FOR NOW!), full exhaust, MSD 5264 Boost Timing Master. Should be seeing about 10psi.

HERE IS A not so great VIDEO:

76 Mini Sc12 Supercharger First Run

Hopefully gonna get it out of the garage tonight if the weather holds, or tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

• Had a great weekend with the Mini and taking my daughter out for some cruising. We stopped at Sandy Point State Park for a mainly VAG show, but they enjoyed the car. Here are a few pictures:

Comment

• Fill er up Friday. Why oh why is there a random flip flop, I have no idea.

Comment

• Hey buddy, loved seeing your estate build up.
                            Just want to know how the protech coilovers are going?
                            How does it go with being tubbed and having new turrets?
                            Which open length did you get (protech has 12 & 13" front and 12, 14, 14" rears)?

I ask as im planning to do the same thing. Kevin from protech isnt being helpful with his email replies. I'm going to run a rear beam to get rid of the subframe and then tub and turret the rears. The turrets will be about an inch higher than the standard ones but working out which length coilover is proving a bit of a pain! I saw your post on 16Vmini forum about getting the "lowered" ones and them not having enough adjustment. So im not sure which length they would have been, or if you exchanged for a longer length?

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

• I am not 100% sure what the length of the body is, I know the coils are 8" in height, I was thinking about going to a 9" one to give me a bit more height, and possibly getting a slighly heavier weight. Honestly if your making the turrets, you should be able to mock it up and place the wheel were you want to. I needed to go 1.5" higher when I fabricated the air suspension so when aired out the shock would be able to collapse enough so the wheel would sit on the fender. When I moved to protech's I forgot I had moved the height of the tower up, and I got the "lowered" kit from Huddersfield not realizing that would ultimately be pretty freaking low. So if your planning on moving your tower up, I would probably go with the 13 of 14". I more than likely have the 12" variety. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by notabmw1 View Post
                                I am not 100% sure what the length of the body is, I know the coils are 8" in height, I was thinking about going to a 9" one to give me a bit more height, and possibly getting a slighly heavier weight. Honestly if your making the turrets, you should be able to mock it up and place the wheel were you want to. I needed to go 1.5" higher when I fabricated the air suspension so when aired out the shock would be able to collapse enough so the wheel would sit on the fender. When I moved to protech's I forgot I had moved the height of the tower up, and I got the "lowered" kit from Huddersfield not realizing that would ultimately be pretty freaking low. So if your planning on moving your tower up, I would probably go with the 13 of 14". I more than likely have the 12" variety. Good luck.
                                thanks for the feedback mate. I was worried the lower would be too low. I could order some and fabricate to suit, but i wasnt sure at all whether to be going for the 12" or the 13,14" length.

sorry for going off topic!

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

Working...
                                X