No announcement yet.

Kibur's 1986 BMW 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the top. Haven't updated this in a while, but I'll probably post some pictures in a few days.

Also, for what it's worth, the Schmidt/Revolution wheels pictured in this thread are for sale. PM me with offers.
    1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
    1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
    1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
    Instagram: @kibur

Comment

fuckin weenie thread right here.
      '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
      '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
      '01 BMW 740iL
      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Here's an update on this good old car of mine.

I think I took this picture around late October or November. The Revolutions had finally settled in. Tucking a 205/50/r15 all around looked great, without a doubt. However, they could have definitely used a bit taller of a tire. I wasn't too concerned though, because I have my Toyota Cressida as a daily driver. Right?

Nope, I was wrong. The transmission on the Cressida blew in the middle of the coldest winter Pennsylvania has seen, or at least during my lifetime. I figured I could catch a break and not have to daily drive the 5er for a winter, but I was mistaken. You win some, you lose some, right? At least the Cressida still looked majestic in this picture. But she had disappointed me pretty greatly.

so it was back to daily driving this broad.

daily driving included delivering chinese food in the middle of the PA winter. because shit, a playa's gotta make money somehow. pictured is my good friend chris' battlewagen, who is a close friend of mine and at the time, a fellow artisan of delivery.

some pictures from a cruise I went on during the winter. little did I know, this was going to be the last cruise I'd ever do with this setup.looks great swallowing those 15's in the rear and being the lowest car on the cruise.

yeah, fuck you pennsylvania. this happened as the result of swerving around a manhole cover. there was a big bump up from the manhole, and immediately after it was a dip down. the part of my subframe got bent back between the raise and dip, subsequently being destroyed. I called my township and Penndot, and of course both of them were useless towards helping resolve the situation.

I brought the car to my good homie dan, who was able to help me fix my subframe. it sucked it happened like this, but it is what it is. his e30 m3 is awesome, it's going to be crazy fast and he got it for a price that I will forever be envious of him for.

once again, thank you to pennsylvania for taking such good care of their roads.

last drive with the revolutions on, and first drive with the skidplate I'd made on the car. also pictured is my brother's 944 turbo.

back to the old setup. the bbs rx's. having some balloon tires made the ride a lot easier to daily drive, PA roads were still fucked.

I also picked up an E12, because why not? I'd never really seen one, and the opportunity came up to own one, so I jumped on it. god, I loved this car. I ended up selling it to my good friend Ben, who takes good care of it now. so all is well.

but then came another setback. a woman with a scion toaster brake checked me as I was letting my clutch out at a green light, so it was either slam on my brakes or swerve. with cars all around me, I tried to do both to avoid her. but because it had rained earlier that day, I still went into the back of her car at less than 5mph. I could promise it was insurance fraud on her end. there was practically no damage to her car, but as you can see, plenty to mine. she was obnoxiously rude, promised not to report it to insurance, and then of course...reported it to insurance. so she could get her car fixed and, I QUOTE, "trade it in for something nicer". another person to re-affirm my belief that the world is a generally shitty place.

I wasn't going to let it get me down though, with some help from my friends Sean, John, Bryce and Greg - I was able to get the front end looking presentable again.

not too bad, right?

I was supposed to grab a set of ARE 398's to run as my new setup. it didn't work out, and was riddled with problems. basically, I had purchased a set that were 16x7/8, being told they were 5x120, and it turned out they were 5x114.3. the guy who sold me them was more than cool about it, and even decided to refund me my money, which is extremely honorable nowadays when it feels like everyone is trying to rip eachother off. I was then stuck with 2 5x120 rears (pictured) that I had planned to put together with the other set.

while all of this is going on, I get a text from my good friend Andrew, who asked me if I was still interested in a pair of Gotti's that he had toyed with the idea of selling previously. these wheels came off his old car Ethel. Ethel was a huge inspiration to me - it was a badass car built exactly the way my good friends Andrew and Christof wanted to build it, but it still was extremely stylish and not over the top like most cars nowadays. also, I especially enjoyed that there was period correct bits incorporated into a style that they could only describe as completely their own.

and here is the final product.my good friends and their build inspired me to build my car in a similar way, with no reservations towards other's opinions. built my way, with the only hint of "style" being to incorporate period correct pieces. never in my wildest dreams, when I bought this car 3 years ago, would I have pictured it looking how it looked now. I couldn't have made this car without the help of so many friends along the way, and I wouldn't have it any other way. it's something that so often seems forgotten nowdays in the car world, but the reason I build my cars is because I love cars and I love hanging out with friends who love cars and share a similar mindset.

I will be attending h2oi this year. feel free to stop by and chat about cars if you see me, I'm always up for meeting new people and making new friends. I don't care what you drive - only that we all share this common interest.

Comment

looks good buddy. was super shocked when I saw it on the gottis haha.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Those wheels look boss! Nice build on a buget!
            spewing about the bitch cutting you off!
            I almost had a similar accident 3 days after buying my e30
            left hand lane was banked up to the lights , two cars in front of me turned into the mergeing lane to the right, clear run up to the lights, got off the clutch with a little stick , some f@#kwit in a camry merdged in front of me without utilizing his indicator I had to lock the tyres and get a lil sideways to slow the car down didnt hit him...but I was still furious that this waste of space almost wrote my front end off ....... I manadged to flick my lit cigarette onto the back of his windscreen and It sat on the back off his boot....muhhhahaha burning his clear coat
            and I agree people are €unts

Comment

My main dude Kibur stayin' flossy! Where's the MB/Bimmer pic doe?
              1989 Mercedes-Benz 190e
              Hollywood Hoodrich

Comment

Aww, da bæ givin me and the E12 a shoutout. Still so happy looking at this thing with the Gotti's on, it looked better and better as we installed each corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
                '01 BMW 740iL
                Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

"Oh Wow! Schmidt Modernline's for sale with tires for 300 bucks?! What a deal!"
                  1989 Mercedes-Benz 190e
                  Hollywood Hoodrich

Comment

Originally posted by bennkishh View Post
                    Aww, da bæ givin me and the E12 a shoutout. Still so happy looking at this thing with the Gotti's on, it looked better and better as we installed each corner.
                    Thanks homie, that was a fun night. Watching that come together was nuts.

Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
                    looks good buddy. was super shocked when I saw it on the gottis haha.
                    I couldn't be happier about it. It all happened so fast and I'm so happy it did.

Originally posted by 1jze30 View Post
                    Those wheels look boss! Nice build on a buget!
                    spewing about the bitch cutting you off!
                    I almost had a similar accident 3 days after buying my e30
                    left hand lane was banked up to the lights , two cars in front of me turned into the mergeing lane to the right, clear run up to the lights, got off the clutch with a little stick , some f@#kwit in a camry merdged in front of me without utilizing his indicator I had to lock the tyres and get a lil sideways to slow the car down didnt hit him...but I was still furious that this waste of space almost wrote my front end off ....... I manadged to flick my lit cigarette onto the back of his windscreen and It sat on the back off his boot....muhhhahaha burning his clear coat
                    and I agree people are €unts
                    I know how you feel man. It's annoying when you think about the fact others don't view your pride and joy for what it is, they just see it as metal, motor and wheels. Not much you can do about it though.

Originally posted by tylersaywhat View Post
                    My main dude Kibur stayin' flossy! Where's the MB/Bimmer pic doe?
                    Originally posted by tylersaywhat View Post
                    "Oh Wow! Schmidt Modernline's for sale with tires for 300 bucks?! What a deal!"
                    Lol no way I'll sell them for that cheap

Comment

You get the ARE's from that dude with the e12 you looked at?
                      Follow on IG
                      amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                      Vintage AME Wheels
                      RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                      W115 & W123

Comment

Love this car! Looks really good!
                        Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
                          You get the ARE's from that dude with the e12 you looked at?
                          yea, but I sold em down at h2o. they would have been too much work to get on my car. I like the gotti's so much more and they are not over the top/require work to fit like the ARE's would.

Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
                          Love this car! Looks really good!
                          thank you so much!

Comment

I love your gotti's as well. They look great man. What are the next plans for your car?
                            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                              I love your gotti's as well. They look great man. What are the next plans for your car?
                              It's pretty much where I want it for the time being. I'd like to get some better suspension, and then tackle some minor bodywork and paint. Hopefully the car will see a respray soon, you can't tell it was in an accident from afar but it is noticeable up close. I also would like a pair of decent front seats, I'm thinking Recaro Trophies from a MKII VW or some cloth BMW sport seats, if I can ever find them for a decent price. At this point it's just keeping the car reliable and going through to fix the small things that annoy me.

My question with suspension is - I'm currently running sleeves. I'm wondering what struts and shocks I can get that will shorten the shock, and therefore shorten suspension travel. I've heard G60 Corrado shocks work for the fronts, what could work for the rears? E30 stuff? I've also heard Camaro shocks get the job done as well. Just curious as to what I can do about making the ride better, these current Bilsteins are on their way out.

Comment

Nice 528! What kind of front euro bumper do you have? Most others need new blinkers and foglights, yours looks like it just fits over the originals. Where can I find the one you have? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X