Buy my wheels
    Vintage AME Wheels
    RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
    W115 & W123

Comment

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
      Get them puppies mounted!
      Just got my coil sleeves in today! Gonna give the Schmidt's a quick refinish as well as get the coils on, and then they'll be receiving some tires!
      1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
      1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
      1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
      Instagram: @kibur

Comment

Decided I'm going to run 205/45's on the Schmidt's with 15 or 20mm spacers all around. This weekend I dive into doing mad work on the old BMW.

Also, any suggestions, comments or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires buy my tires.

lol

IG: Nick475

Comment

Tunershop sent me the wrong Schmidt center caps. They were damaged as soon as I opened the package and they fell straight through the wheel, meaning that they are the wrong size.

Comment

1. Get 205/50 or even 195/55. You need meat for this car.
              2. Tuck your bumpers.
              3. Don't use road signs for skid plates. Steel works best if you want a DIY one. You really shouldn't need a skid plate anyways. I have heard good things about raceskids.
              4. Good job on the modernlines, they will look classic.

What are you doing for coilovers exactly? Similar to what I did, just without cutting the front perch? Just slipping the sleeve over??
              Last edited by Wyatt Lay; 09-19-2013, 04:29 PM.

insta:yungwymo

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Lay View Post
                1. Get 205/50 or even 195/55. You need meat for this car.
                2. Tuck your bumpers.
                3. Don't use road signs for skid plates. Steel works best if you want a DIY one. You really shouldn't need a skid plate anyways. I have heard good things about raceskids.
                4. Good job on the modernlines, they will look classic.

What are you doing for coilovers exactly? Similar to what I did, just without cutting the front perch? Just slipping the sleeve over??
                Yeah, I think a meatier setup will look good on these wheels, since they are only 15's. They are 15x8 et30, so I think I'll run a 15mm spacer setup all around. Someone also just offered to make me a skid plate as long as I can provide the materials.

I plan on tucking the rear bumper, but not just yet. Probably once I get exhaust.

The coils are universal for an s13/s14, I think I just need to trim the front strut housing and I'm set.

Comment

Originally posted by kibur View Post
                  Yeah, I think a meatier setup will look good on these wheels, since they are only 15's. They are 15x8 et30, so I think I'll run a 15mm spacer setup all around. Someone also just offered to make me a skid plate as long as I can provide the materials.

I plan on tucking the rear bumper, but not just yet. Probably once I get exhaust.

The coils are universal for an s13/s14, I think I just need to trim the front strut housing and I'm set.
                  Sounds like a good plan. I had 240sx coils so same thing. 2.5 I.D. Let me know how it works out.

insta:yungwymo

Comment

Got my centercaps in. Whoops, they didn't fit and looked kind of beat up. However, Tunershop refunded me and let me keep the caps, their customer service was super kind and awesome despite what turned out to be an error neither of us could have foreseen (the caps they manufacture do not work with the bmw's centerbore).

The suspension I went with were some S13 coil sleeves. I know people are gonna be like, "no Broadway static, no care" and exit the thread at this point. That is fine by me.

Putting the rear coilovers on with my friend Brooks. The rears went on with zero problem. The tophats for all of the coil sleeves need to be drilled out slightly to fit over the bilstein shocks and struts I had.

Tires got mounted. Went with some 205/50/r15 Nexens.
                    Wes Carter gave me the thumbs down emoji on Instagram, and I laughed quietly to myself.

This pig should have been an indication that shit was about to get weird.

Where my fingers were indicated what needed to be cut off for the coil sleeve to fit.

With some help from my friend Anthony, we took everything apart. We cut what needed to be cut. We unfortunately found out that the coil sleeves didn't fit over, and that BMW's strut housings get wider in diameter in the middle. We either needed to cut and re-weld (a skill neither of us had) or keep grinding down the metal. We kept grinding in both the literal and metaphorical sense. As the night grew longer and later, I had a meltdown due to the fact it was the night before I was supposed to leave for h2o and my car was completely torn apart. This did no good, and swore to myself not to have any more meltdowns. Thanks to Wyatt Lay, I was able to figure out an answer to my problem, and re-approach it in the morning.

After a lot of running around, my friend Ken and I got the BMW back on the road, and over to his house to finish up the coilovers in the front. When I got to his house, I found this in the garage and knew it was an omen. Everything was going well, the last strut housing was out and the coilover sleeve was able to fit over the strut housing after a bit of work. However, the tie rod end on the driver's side where the strut housing was broke, and I went to sleep another night, knowing that I'd be working on my car in the morning and praying I'd make it to h2o.

To make matters worse, the tie rod end was frozen in. After an hour two of heat and PB blaster application, the tie rod came out. When I went to replace it with the replacement drivers side tie rod end (which I'd driven over an hour and a half round trip to purchase), it did not thread. I drove another hour round trip to get another driver's side tie rod end, which again, did not thread. I luckily was able to find a passenger's side tie rod and voila, it worked. I believe that a shop that I had previously had my car aligned at was to blame for this, and had replaced the driver's side tie rod with a passenger's side tie rod, which has no difference at all EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING WAY THAT IT THREADS.

Anyways, with the help of my friends Joe, Steve and Chris, the car went back together and was finished. Though it was about 12:30 at night when all was squared away, I hit the road. Needless to say, I was eager to see this, something anyone going down to H2O knows.

I had just worked on my car with the help of my friends and had got it on the road after running into obstacle after obstacle. I had been up since 7am finding parts, running around for parts, receiving failures and keeping on chugging on knowing I had a goal in mind. I hit the road at 12:30am and landed in Ocean City, MD at about 3:45am, and when I got down there, I chugged a few cold beers and reveled in my accomplishment. I finally got to sleep after being awake for about 24 hours, and then woke up just a few hours later, somehow wide awake before everyone in the house and ready to cruise the strip.

I did some quality cruising. And I had an amazing time.

Though I met up with tons of awesome people from all over, here's a photo of when I met up with my buddy Kristoff from Ontario, who is also part of Scraped Crusaders (whatever, shameless plug for my Canadian homies). He is an awesome dude and it is absolutely incredible how h2o brings together people from all over. I was so grateful to have made it down to h2o and enjoyed everything, even if it was a day and a half late.

Oh, and finally. A picture of how my car looked and sat for h2o. Due to not having a skidplate, or a proper alignment, I didn't go much lower. I didn't want to damage the brand new tires more than driving on a tape measurer alignment already would, and didn't want to blow out a pan three hours from home. However, this isn't the final stage for it, it still has a lot of final touches and improvements to be made and I am eagerly awaiting to do so.
                    Last edited by kibur; 10-05-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

The car looks great!
                      Excellent work with it so far.
                      E28 & E36
                      @andyitslit

Comment

i see u dawg

Comment

Good progress so far man. I know those late night last minute before a show grinds all too well.
                          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by Press22 View Post
                            The car looks great!
                            Excellent work with it so far.
                            Thank you, I appreciate that very much!

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                            i see u dawg
                            u c me shinin bruh?

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                            Good progress so far man. I know those late night last minute before a show grinds all too well.
                            Thanks so much. Your E24 is absolutely amazing, one of my favorite cars for sure. I'd love to find Equips for my car someday.

Comment

drop it down gurl. drop it drop it down gurl. (i think thats a song) now spin those coils down

Comment

Lowered it down. It's maxed in the front and almost all the way down in the rear. I personally feel that this is as low as I need to go, it scrapes on some stuff but for the most part is very enjoyable to drive and causes little issues with it's ride height. My buddy Dema snagged a picture of it at First Class Fitment, and I hope to get some more shots in soon.

For now, this car is where I want it. I plan to make small changes when the money allows it, but it's going to be small changes. May switch the wheels up to a set of 16's, and may get a limited slip differential by the spring time. Yes, this means that if you are interested in the Schmidt's/Revolutions, shoot me a message and we may be able to work something out, especially if you live near Pennsylvania.

However, as far as the "car scene" goes, I'd rather not be associated with it or even bother spending time and energy with it. There's a lot of negativity and bullshit, and I'd really rather not be associated with it because everyone in the scene gives me shit for "crying" over the fact I tell people not to act like such douchebags towards eachother. From here on out, my focus is going to be on school, getting myself to a respectable place in life, and saving up/collecting parts for my next build... a build that will incorporate style, stance, and most importantly performance into one package.

Comment

Working...
                                X