No announcement yet.

1984 Mercedes 500SEL Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave my friend's R129 a quick buff today after work, then went out and took some pictures. It's been a while since I took pictures with 20-30 second exposure.

(^ My camera messed this one up, definitely going to re-do it.)

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Scored these Carat door panel inserts from a guy in Illinois, they've been on a shelf somewhere for at least 10 years. Custom wood was the pinnacle of 'baller shit' for these cars when they were new in the '80s.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• This build is progressing nicely. I love what you've done with it, OEM+ all the way.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

• Your car + Ssr Vienna kreis = perfect IMO. Keep up the good work though
          sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
          Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Comment

• Thanks guys

Got my door panel inserts in the mail last night, somehow they're undamaged.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Quick test fit

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Nice wood

I love the period correctness. Would love to see a few old school yakuza themed touches on this. Those door panels are a step in the right direction!

Inspirrrraaaation

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                  Nice wood

I love the period correctness. Would love to see a few old school yakuza themed touches on this. Those door panels are a step in the right direction!

Inspirrrraaaation
                  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2e672e2411.jpg
                  Hell yeah, that one is sick. I've been back and forth about that AMG duck tail spoiler, that car is the best I've seen it look.
                  4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                    Hell yeah, that one is sick. I've been back and forth about that AMG duck tail spoiler, that car is the best I've seen it look.
                    What people fail to realize is that the old AMG body kits and spoilers inspired the likes of Fabulous, Diana, Junction Produce, and many others way back in the day. AMG monoblock wheels also inspired a lot of wheels like Work Eurolines.

I say go for it, or something similar. I've always loved how the 80's Japanese style looked on these german executive cars. Like the 560SEL in black rain from 1989.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• 4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                        Quick test fit

Tiny door panels for such a big car... oh... that's not newspaper...

Edit - Actually, I want that bed sheet set so I can take weird proportion shots of stuff haha. New wheels, 3"x1.5"...
                        My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Realized that my painter friend was never going to do this front lip (been waiting at least a year for it) so I asked for it back and started prepping it myself. Spent a few hours sanding it yesterday, planning to prime it tomorrow morning and hopefully have it on the car within a week

Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                          Tiny door panels for such a big car... oh... that's not newspaper...

Edit - Actually, I want that bed sheet set so I can take weird proportion shots of stuff haha. New wheels, 3"x1.5"...
                          haha yeah, it's my favorite bed sheet. It's a description of Tahiti in French
                          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Dat big body benz tho. Always loved these old S classes. Mafia status lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X