No announcement yet.

1984 Mercedes 500SEL Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one of my favorite builds on here. I love it!
    IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

• Originally posted by drift55 View Post
      This is one of my favorite builds on here. I love it!
      Thanks man, that really means a lot to me. People kept telling me I should stop wasting my time with this car (mostly at the beginning) and I ignored them the whole time because I knew it could end up being a great car.
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Awesome Build , cant wait to see more

Comment

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
          Thanks man, that really means a lot to me. People kept telling me I should stop wasting my time with this car (mostly at the beginning) and I ignored them the whole time because I knew it could end up being a great car.
          Probably because it's not ever going to be a racecar or "StanceNationJDMHellaFlush". There's more to life than being the fastest or the lowest. Nothing's a waste of time when you're enjoying what you're spending time on. I had the opportunity to buy an SEL about a year back for cheap and I regret not doing so now lol.
          IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

• Back to W126 stuff, I buffed my friend's 420 last night. Man, did it need it.

He got it with a broken chain and swapped a good 4.2 in, this is the first time I've driven it, only about 500 miles put on since he's owned it. Sat outside for about a year. Needs to be lowered badly now that it's running...

Before of the roof

After of the trunk, was actually worse than the roof

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• holy moly

"Everything has potential."

Comment

• r u a wizard? good job on that paint correction!!!
                C280 Build Thread
                C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Finished it up tonight. Check out the 'after' of the roof. Almost takes your breath away

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• In other news, my uncle bought another E9. This one is a manual CSI, hasn't run for over a decade. Frame is solid and car is decently straight, despite how it looks

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• how often are you buffing the paint? Love this build and love the car man
                      sigpic
                      instagram: chompsticks

Comment

• Originally posted by chompsticks View Post
                        how often are you buffing the paint? Love this build and love the car man
                        On my car, just whenever it needs it. I've probably put over 20 hours into buffing it in total, partially because it keeps getting scratched and also because the paint was really that bad at the beginning.

My friend's 420 a few posts back took me about 5-6 hours total, and I didn't really chase after scratches.
                        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• ahh gotcha, well it looks really good from before and after. I would buff mine, but I the clearcoat is failing so there is no point.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by chompsticks View Post
                            ahh gotcha, well it looks really good from before and after. I would buff mine, but I the clearcoat is failing so there is no point.
                            How badly is it failing? Even nasty peeling clearcoat can sand and buff to look pretty good.
                            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Man I love what you're doing. And I love your car. Wish mine was black right now haha
                              '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                                How badly is it failing? Even nasty peeling clearcoat can sand and buff to look pretty good.
                                Chunks of clearcoat are popping off. A small rock hitting the paint will cause the it to pop.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X