No announcement yet.

1984 Mercedes 500SEL Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend got the motor in the car while I was at work today, nice little surprise

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• 4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Damn! You work fast, looks and sounds great!

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

• Wooooo!

I wish I had friends like yours.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Sounds quite glorious. Some of the first cars I really drove a lot were my parents' 420SEL and 400E... really love those old motors. Someday I will build a hotrod W126 like yours
            - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

• Here we go... no hood + no worries

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• at first I was like meh. Then it got lower, lower and lower to the point I was like hell yeah this looks good. Then the seats, then the engine swap. Geez men this is looking good! Keep it up!
                Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• Got hood back on.

Took this picture at a show, which was its first legit worry-free drive after the swap.

In order to have it looking better for the show, I worked on my spoiler and gave it a 1-day paint job. Turned out okay, obviously better than before, but I'm going to make it nicer later.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• First wash since the swap

Got some custom badges, says 'night release.' They're fridge magnets

Then I drove next to this guy, he gave me the thumbs up and we cruised together for about 15 miles on the freeway. Sorry the pic is kinda bad, I didn't take it

Finally, today, this guy parked next to me and I stared until he left, questioning what I've done with this thing. I really really didn't want to slam this thing so hard. lol

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Well, the rear glass came out today. Actually a little better than I expected underneath all that rust. :/

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Man this is an awesome build, I love how you've been cleaning it up and keeping it period correct you've got a beautiful old Benz!

How is the SEL to drive? I imagine it's a little boaty but is it any fun? It's a fairly analog car so I 'd imagine the inputs aren't completely numb or anything.

Keep up the good work!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Oh good progress has been made here
                          Lucas
                          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                          Originally posted by LCG
                          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                            Man this is an awesome build, I love how you've been cleaning it up and keeping it period correct you've got a beautiful old Benz!

How is the SEL to drive? I imagine it's a little boaty but is it any fun? It's a fairly analog car so I 'd imagine the inputs aren't completely numb or anything.

Keep up the good work!
                            It definitely surprised me, it's very nimble for its size. It's impossible to drive slowly, believe it or not... Handles great ever since I put the Bilsteins in. Worst part of the whole driving experience is the 2.47 diff.
                            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Rust treatment and paint all done. Luckily the painter is skilled enough that he could spot everything in instead of painting one or both quarter panels.

Glass is also in...

Absolutely 100% unbelievable difference in the way the car looks. Can't wait to see it in the bright sunlight.
                              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Well, looks like I'll be driving the car in a 'winter wonderland' scenario tomorrow - expecting at least 4 inches of snow and the car is still at my work. Don't worry, I'm bringing my real camera.

Also, I was clearing my phone out today and found this cold start video. This was from the morning after I drove the car home, after the engine swap was done.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                                X