No announcement yet.

1984 Mercedes 500SEL Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a 5.6 m117 that threw a rocker. Never thought about rebuilding it. But maybe I will. Was just gonna junk it.
    Mercedes:
    93' 190E Sportline
    80' 450SEL 6.9
    67' 250SE

Comment

• Originally posted by GTShunter View Post
      I have a 5.6 m117 that threw a rocker. Never thought about rebuilding it. But maybe I will. Was just gonna junk it.
      Nonsense, build that shit! :P
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• More progress, almost ready to POR-15 and primer the passenger side. Decided I would do the core support too, but am going to leave the driver's side. I really don't want to take the ABS and brake lines off, and that side doesn't have nearly as much rust.

Engine taking shape

Worst part of the radiator support, after grinding. Still need to sand blast it.

Center of radiator support got a little whacked when we pulled the old engine out, straightened it out as best as possible by hand
        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Finished sand blasting all the bad spots, all seams and bare metal covered with rust converter. Next step is scuff, primer, scuff, paint

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaly hope you simplify the vacuum system and wiring system in this car. Have you considered to switching to coil packs or something of the sort?

I love how big this car is man. It's long and wide without being tall like today's land yachts.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• hell yeah! Minnesota Benz's! I might be picking a 240D turbodiesel wagon after I sell my CRX! I was looking at 560s too.

My real name is Ryan Senensky, whats yours?
              "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaly hope you simplify the vacuum system and wiring system in this car. Have you considered to switching to coil packs or something of the sort?

I love how big this car is man. It's long and wide without being tall like today's land yachts.
                It's not so bad, everything is mechanical so there's not a whole lot of wiring or things that can fail. I'll be running an earlier version of K-jet (this motor is from an imported 1981 380SEL) which has mechanical idle control. I have a friend who put megasquirt and custom headers on a M117 5.6 and I plan to race him with my little 3.8.

Originally posted by j3wman View Post
                hell yeah! Minnesota Benz's! I might be picking a 240D turbodiesel wagon after I sell my CRX! I was looking at 560s too.

My real name is Ryan Senensky, whats yours?
                Haha damn, we're friends on FB already. How did you not know this? I post hella pictures and updates. :P

So progress for today...

Sanded the fins on one valve cover, and half of the fuel distributor lines (not pictured, to be polished)

Primer down, amazing how much better everything looks already.

First coat of paint (and then I ran out,) this is my first time painting anything like this.
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• So I finished base coat on passenger engine bay yesterday.

Finally got around to doing the driver's side engine bay today. Pretty happy with the way it came out considering ABS and A/C lines being in the way, and I'm even debating not clear coating it because it looks pretty good already. Tomorrow I plan to clean miscellaneous hoses and firewall pieces, put the battery tray back, etc.

Before:

After primer, scuff, paint

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Cleaned up the firewall pieces today, more work to do on these. My friend put the tranny on the engine, filled the torque converter, etc. She's getting close.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• keep the updates coming...

Comment

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                        Got the injectors back from cleaning, here's the readout. Kinda what I expected.
                        So I crept on this thread many many moons ago, and I never subscribed . But today as I was perusing after many months of not frequenting the site, it popped back up and the progress that you have made is outstanding, I love everything about this boat. But what really caught my eye was this picture. I couldn't help but notice the address of Maple Grove. Do you live in MG? I ask because I am from Maple Grove. I no longer live there, but I was still curious all the same. I have a 95' E320 Estate that i'm traveling with and "building" along with a Buick Grand National back at my parents house in Minnesota where it will stay till my girlfriend and I finish traveling and decide on a place to stay for good. So all in all I love the build and cant wait to see more updates and keep up the good work!

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

• HA! Just went back and noticed I missed the part where you said where you were from, Lake Calhoun area of Minneapolis. Don't know how I missed that.

Comment

• Thanks man. Yeah, I'm from South Minneapolis, now living a little closer to downtown. My friend owns that shop in Maple Grove and I work out in Wayzata, so I'm always going all over town.
                            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Good stuff, cool to see a Minnesota build and some background I recognize.

Comment

• Trans on, not much left to do
                                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                                X