No announcement yet.

My E39 540i - Going on Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk setup looks really promising. I really wasn't a fan of the front bumper at first. But after constantly checking back to the thread, it really has grown on me. Looking forward to progress.
    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

This weekend has been kind of slow obviously, but I did a few things in the garage that I have been putting off, built a set of shelves, hung some of the summer gear. Also ran into a fellow low rider... Sick car.

Mods: Dinan Upgrades (Intake, Throttle Body, Exhaust, ECU, sway bars, strut braces), e60 Short Shift, Airlift bags, Autopilot v2, Rieger M5 bumper.

Comment

Finally home after Xmas and ready to get a few projects done, the brother also knows me well enough that he got me a e60 short shift kit for the car. Finally got it installed last night with the new bushings... Wow!

All the parts laid out, think I got everything.

Got the center console taken apart and then jacked the car cause I couldn't get the clip to release the shifter linkage.

You can see the difference between the two...

All back together and no more slop, way shorter throw then I expected plus with the weighted know it's seems really nice.

Got it all back together, nothing crazy except it sits a tad lower.

So short shift was last night but I had to replace a strut on one of my corners and it ended up I bought a whole strut and airbag. So i had this airbag and strut lying around, my brother has been welding for about a year and so while home, we welded up this...

And it turned into this... But I'm not happy with the mount of the light bulb but I think I have an idea which I need to go find the materials for but you get the idea.

The other thing is that I have also found the hardwood I wanted for the trunk false floor and have it sitting in the garage but I need to figure out a decently quick way to mount and release the subwoofer.
        Last edited by AiredE39; 01-10-2015, 12:31 PM.
        Mods: Dinan Upgrades (Intake, Throttle Body, Exhaust, ECU, sway bars, strut braces), e60 Short Shift, Airlift bags, Autopilot v2, Rieger M5 bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
          Trunk setup looks really promising. I really wasn't a fan of the front bumper at first. But after constantly checking back to the thread, it really has grown on me. Looking forward to progress.
          Btw thanks Mike...honestly I didn't like it at first but it's different than regular m bumpers and it makes it look lower Haha.

Comment

So I swapped up the mounting bracket on the lamp, got some 3/8 inch copper tubing, ran the wires through it and it turned out pretty good.

the bulb is only 40w, not too bright just see the filament glowing pretty much.

I finally got the hardwood laminate i was looking for, I have some gaps i need to fill since the trunk doesn't fit perfectly. Going to try and fill some of the gaps and even out with the laminate. The other thing I want to do is give my subwoofer a semi quick way to take it out. Will see but here is the color of the hardwood and I'm contemplating taking the carpet out and dying it black instead of gray, has any one used duplicolors carpet die? any good? whats the best way to get oem results?

took these shots before xmas...

Last edited by AiredE39; 01-12-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

haha that is a unique design for a lamp. Digging the pre-christmas shots. Great looking car.

Comment

I have used the duplicolor dye to freshen up my black carpet. The best way to keep it from getting crunchy is to put it on in very thin coats and scrub it with a bristle brush in between each coat to work it in.
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

The lamp was a fun little project, was using it to practice bending tubing so that i can do hardlines soon.

thanks earl for the tip, ill be working on doing that.

Been taking my time with this, had to adjust the hinge and cutting the laminate hardwood to fit properly. The other thing that i had to take into consideration was the gap i needed to be able to still use the door when the laminate was all glued down. Painted the edges of the floor to keep it less noticeable when looking on the sides and door.

Got it all glued down and now waiting for it to cure, will be removing this once its cured and mounting the subwoofer.

Last edited by AiredE39; 01-29-2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Everythings looking good man! Are you going to Import Alliance @ Texas Motor Speedway? Right around the corner from you!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                      Everythings looking good man! Are you going to Import Alliance @ Texas Motor Speedway? Right around the corner from you!
                      I think that one is at the end of February right? I'm going for a wedding so no I usually do the DFW cars and coffee but haven't decided on what big events i can attend this summer.

What about you, you doing import alliance? where in texas are you...

Comment

• Yeah ill be @ ia. Ill probobly hit everything in the tri state area. Definitely CCM and wekfest/ IA

Im in CentralTX by Round Rock

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                          Yeah ill be @ ia. Ill probobly hit everything in the tri state area. Definitely CCM and wekfest/ IA

Im in CentralTX by Round Rock
                          right on man, well ill let you know which ones i attend and we should meet up. hows the e90 coming along?

Comment

• It's been a while since I have had time to spend on the car but i finally got around to getting a few things sorted on the car.

Valve covers were leaking pretty bad and the grommets on the inside part of the cover. This isn't the easiest set of valve covers ever, the ignition coil wires harness box is in the way plus the injector wiring is included in that box which makes all that much worse. It's really hard to get the injector clips off without the valve covers off.

I took a wire brush wheel to the old paint and it did a good job of stripping the paint. Looked good and got a couple coats of primer put on.

finished product with the covers on them....looks good.

This took almost all weekend but the end result was really good and worth the effort. I used duplicolor engine enamel with the primer and clear as well.

Hope you guys like it.
                            Last edited by AiredE39; 02-16-2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Hello

Good Work.
                              Are there innovations already?

I will rebuild this Winter also on airlift, but the 3H System. --> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52004

2 small Tanks and 2 Compressors

---------------X-Menīs Individual Projekt---------------

Comment

• Very nice car, great work.
                                Personal:
                                My IG: https://instagram.com/elleongs/
                                My Track GS300 Build: [/B] http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72763
                                Business:
                                507GARAGE Site: https://www.507garage.com
                                507GARAGE IG: My IG: https://instagram.com/507_garage
                                507GARAGE Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/507GARAGE

Comment

Working...
                                X