No announcement yet.

Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I've decided on tires. I'm leaning towards yokohama s.drives 205/40/17 fronts and 225/35/17 rears. I'm hoping to get them ordered tonight but we'll see.

in other news...

I am not sure what to do on the rear bumper right now. Part of me says leave it be it is kind of cool to have the single exit. Then another part says make it look mean and even with the split exhaust. And lastly I think my sensible part is saying fill in the bumper in clean to up the look and remember turn downs some fiberglass and some paint will probably be the cheapest option

1. leave it be. Current stock bumper Magnaflow catback with dual single exit 3" tips

2 double it. Cut out the passengers side and add an exhaust hanger to the passengers side.

something like this:

3. dual exits single tips.

like this:

4. dual exits with single oval tips

5. fill in the exhaust exit and put turn downs after the mufflers

What are the opinions you all have
    Last edited by GTOguy; 05-01-2013, 10:08 AM.
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Smooth bumper looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by MartijnGizmo View Post
        Smooth bumper looks good!
        I love that look and am fairly certain I am capable of doing to filling portion. My only large cost will be to have the bumper repainted which isn't a huge deal. But the oval tips for some reason I think looks really nice. I'm debating with myself a lot over this.

Comment

I evaluated my front stage issues today. So one tweeter is definitely blown. the crossovers are really an unknown issue. The mids are still good. So I looked at my kicks and I don't think I can do anything more effectively than a single 8 there. I think I am going to try to get RE rex8d4's. So the RE SX's may not have ever played in the car there will be an RE sub playing in it. For tweeters I will probably go with some sort of vifa tweet. I like how the attached vifa tweets look. I like the dayton 3s or vifa 3.5s. If I do a 3 way front stage I think I am going to go with one of the previously posted MB quart OA400.4s and probably a MB Quart ONX2.100 for the RE's. If I go the 4 way route and keep the zapco 6.5s, run the 8s in the kicks, run tweets in the pillars, and a 3-3.5s in the door I will probably use 2 OA 400.4s or maybe 1 400.4 and one more powerful 4 channel. I may glass the 3 or 3.5 into the sail panels if the kicks turn out well and there is not enough space in the stock speaker grill area.

Vifa tweets:http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...umber=264-1018

REs: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...io-REX8D4.html

Vifa 3.5s: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...umber=264-1062

Dayton 3s: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=295-422

I am going to tune my new box fairly low maybe 30ish hz with 2 aeroports through the rear shelf

Comment

man I love the audio side of your build! not many people go this in depth to the stereo stuff. i`ve always liked boxes that were tuned to about 32ish hertz
            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
              man I love the audio side of your build! not many people go this in depth to the stereo stuff. i`ve always liked boxes that were tuned to about 32ish hertz
              Yeah I love it. It was probably my first passion not gained from my dads influence since like driving fast and stuff was all from him.

My current box is tuned to 36 hz and peaks in the car at 42 hz with the windows open and 47 hz (i think) sealed up. I want to be able to play low. I was messing with the torres box calculator and I honestly don't know with the 2 4" aeroport set up whether I will be able to get it to 30 hz so I may have it peak around 28 hz.

But the RE's should still play a lot of the higher bass tones so I should have full range sound.

Comment

Here is a mission I've set up for you to complete agent GTOguy.

Step 1: take ownership of your fathers car.
                Step 2: stance the shit out of it.
                Step 3: live in it.
                Not a cop

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                  For real, i'm kind of sad car audio isn't "cool" anymore.

To the op, props for buying proper equipment but why put subs in the kick?
                  No ski pass or anything to put it in the truck?
                  Don't get me wrong I like the idea a lot, its way more efficient to have your beat right by you instead of in the trunk.

Also, port them if you can!
                  My buddy has a dual sa-8 install in his truck and we gained so much by porting his box, little subs love ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                    For real, i'm kind of sad car audio isn't "cool" anymore.

To the op, props for buying proper equipment but why put subs in the kick?
                    No ski pass or anything to put it in the truck?
                    Don't get me wrong I like the idea a lot, its way more efficient to have your beat right by you instead of in the trunk.

Also, port them if you can!
                    My buddy has a dual sa-8 install in his truck and we gained so much by porting his box, little subs love ports.
                    Yeah I wish it were still cool that's partly why I love Slamology as a show. The gto has the gas tank between the trunk and rear seat. I want all the vocal sound coming from in front of you. I need a sub in the kick to play the midbass. With having the substage tuned around 30 hz I won't have good noise coming from the trunk for anything over 50 hertz.

Comment

• Word, sounds pretty nice, I like your car too man

Comment

• Since I haven't posted anything about my dad's 911 in awhile and I don't have much to say about my car here are a few pictures of it.

new numbers:

New tow hook:

Just a picture I liked the flickr filter things are pretty cool lol

20X11 Stock rears these things are huge....

Some O.Z. Ultraleggeras

Now on the car:

And one little thing about my car...

I don't think 10s will fit in my kick panels

And I am now planning to use Precision Power PPI BK800.4 amps hidden behind the rear side panels like this:

Comment

• Long time no updates... Mainly because I really haven't had any...

But I have them now

Tires are ordered and should come in tomorrow or tuesday

wheels busted out of storage

I went with Yokohama S.drive 205/40/17s front and 225/35/17 rears

Audio update... I think it may have changed a fair bit but I don't really know...

planned drivers:

RE Audio REX8's in the kick panels
                          Zapco slim6.5s in the doors
                          Vifa 2.5s in the dash (stock tweeter location)
                          2 Vifa tweeters glassed into each sail panel

Fi SP4 15" fully loaded
                          box 4-5 cubic feet with 2 4" aeroports through the rear shelf tuned to 28 hz

planned amplifiers:

2 Precision Power PPI BK800.4
                          1 Crescendo Audio BC3500D

I currently have the sub stage together other than the new box. My goal is to have the stereo 100% done for Import Alliance. I have promised some friends demo's of the new setup sooooo... I need to get it done lol.

Comment

• Tires are in. They are awaiting being mounted and balanced at the local porsche dealership.

picked up the tires from my dad's office this afternoon (he gets his ups truck earlier than our house)

First time the wheels and tires have met.

fronts:

rears:

Comment

• 1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                              1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Well finally the wheels are on

So I will share the iphone pics I took. I will probably keep it at this height for daily use for shows I will go about an inch lower but I'm not cool enough to lay the car on the ground daily...

May need a little spacer

Over all I am happy but probably would do 245/35/17 rears and 225/35/17 fronts if I did it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X