No announcement yet.

Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple random updates, I bought tires for whatever wheels I'm going to get. I can't decide if I want to keep the style 5s or get CCW D-110's. I also have several other wheels in mind. I made the decision not to go to H2oi as it would conflict with school, and I'd rather use my money to build the car as opposed to go on trips until it is exactly how I want it atleast aesthetically. So if all goes as planned at this point I'm going to aim to have the car pretty for fall import alliance, then basically leave it in my garage until spring rolls around
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• Well a buddy offered me a place to stay for h2oi for cheap. And I get out of class at 9:15 on Fridays so in combination of the cheap room, and figuring out I won't miss any school I shall be attending h2oi. I am quite excited.

Comment

• Just got new tires for new wheels after h2oi.

215/35/18 and 245/35/18 falken fk453's off of Jake's (low_gto) gto. The reality that I am going to be stretching some wide tires to start with hit me when I picked these up I was just like damn I almost can't believe it

I also ordered 2 new abs plastic splitters one for my car one for my brothers, hopefully they arrive before ls fest this weekend.

Comment

• So a few little things... Just trying to get the car drivable/enjoyable to drive to h2oi. I put new door speakers in my car today after water destroyed the infinities I had in it. I put in 6.5" silver flute mid basses in and they sound amazing. Otherwise the splitters came in and got mounted mine flexes a fair bit at about 90 mph so I ordered apr splitter supports... Unintentionally making my car look like a racecar... Time for a half cage.

So here's a picture with the new splitter

Then tonight on my occasional craigslist wandering I stumbled across some BBS CK's in specs that should work for my car with snow tires already on them so I'm going to try to pick them up tomorrow.

Old vs new speaker sad thing is the reverse the ratio and that's the price difference.

Last edited by GTOguy; 09-10-2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• So that's your secret deal you posted about on Facebook. lol Those should be nice winter wheels.

It's a work in progress^
            Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
            Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

• Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
              So that's your secret deal you posted about on Facebook. lol Those should be nice winter wheels.
              Yup. I mean I posted them on instagram but kind of left the thought open ended.

Comment

• I was getting an awful vibration at about 80 mph so I took a guess that it was the front splitter. I ordered APR splitter supports and after a couple rips down the highway it seems to be vastly more stable and the vibration is no longer there.

this is becoming a common sight:

Untitled

now with the supports on:

Untitled

Comment

• Well h2oi has come and gone. I had an absolute blast. I feel absolutely blessed to have seen many of the beautiful builds and met the even more awesome people behind them from this site at both SOWO and H2oi. Most of my friends are planning to go to import alliance's fall meet. I think I will go without my car so I can start tearing my car down to figure some things out for 2015.

Here is a photo by Matt Ward I believe he is Shakezuhla on here. If you saw someone hanging out of my car at h2oi taking photos it was probably him.

My plan for shows for 2015:

Water By the Bridge: get the car together and looking good
                  Springfest: hang out with my VA beach fam keep the car the same
                  SOWO: have a blast again
                  Summer Import Alliance: hopefully have an HSV/vauxhall replica set of bumpers and skirts
                  H2oi: finish the season on an awesome note again next year

So to my winter plan:

My winter mode will be the first set of cheap m-parallel's I come across and remove the front splitter to keep it from getting haggard.

I have waffled on wheels a lot recently so it is likely going to change. But I'm back to wanting step lip style 5s, and the gold plated AG's and VIP mods have me feeling some type of way so gold plated style 5s may happen if the money is there to do so.

Shane Whalley who drifts his GTO has just developed some camber plates for the GTO so I will be getting them for the front to run a wider wheel set up.

I am most likely going to flip my coilover mounts in order to try to get lower and may give up on running a skid plate during shows to get lower, daily driving I am not that confident in it.

For the rear I may cut up the control arms again to get lower. If the rear comes apart again I will most likely put eccentric bushings to gain adjustable camber in the rear. If I do so I will probably try to run 5-6 degrees all the way around.

With having a front lip I can be happy with for the time being I need to figure out a spoiler of some sort. I think I would like some duckbill like lip spoiler to give it a nice look.
                  Last edited by GTOguy; 10-01-2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• +1 on a duckbill. If you have one molded onto your trunk I think it would look great
                    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• These are my basic lip spoiler options

My brother has this lip on his

This will match the rest of the vauxhall stuff when I get it

Comment

• Molded duckbill sounds awesome

DO IT

Comment

• Get that second one (yellow) molded. Would look the cleanest and compliment your car the most IMO.
                          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                            Get that second one (yellow) molded. Would look the cleanest and compliment your car the most IMO.
                            -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                            '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                            '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• have you thought about SAP grilles? Just to give the car a more aggressive look

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                                Get that second one (yellow) molded. Would look the cleanest and compliment your car the most IMO.

I like that one pretty well plus it is the easiest one to get a hold of. The positive of the 3 piece lip is technically it will go with the rest of the vauxhall parts once I get them.

Originally posted by StancetheRapper View Post
                                have you thought about SAP grilles? Just to give the car a more aggressive look

I'd run them if I wasn't planning to switch to the vauxhall bumpers.

Comment

Working...
                                X