No announcement yet.

Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, please tell if you got airbag light off, vx commo steering wheel is annoying me by been very ugly
    BMW E23 build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by DioXidE View Post
      That steeringwheel looks badass, contemplating replacing my oem for one of them now...

How did you get around the airbag dash light coming up or are you just yolo'ing it :P
      Originally posted by 7075x4130 View Post
      Yeah, please tell if you got airbag light off, vx commo steering wheel is annoying me by been very ugly
      I still have the idiot light lol. We threw it in the night before we left for sowo so we didn't worry to much about the light. All it should take is running a resistor or fuse to trick the computer.
      Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
      check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
        Slammedenuff posted a picture of my car from sowo

Um, I think they took a picture of my car but someone bumped them at the last second and they took a picture of yours instead.
        Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

• Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
          Um, I think they took a picture of my car but someone bumped them at the last second and they took a picture of yours instead.
          Hahaha of course I'm just silly XD I'm surprised anything of my car got posted haha

Comment

• So just messing around seeing how the car will sit on 18s... So first off stock 18" dimension Enkei ekm3's...

unffffff... dat fitment...

Untitled

Then my brothers SSR comp C's the rears are 18x10s I'd assume the offset is in the 20s I put just the rears on one side unfortunately i need a tiny spacer to clear the bugs up front. that or same dimensions and not sumitomos that don't stretch well or something smaller than a 235/40

I was an idiot and didn't take many pictures of my rear fit :/ but my brother took a snap chat

Untitled

I was bored and made a Vauxhall Monaro similar to my plan and I am quite excited to get this project rolling again as money comes in. Main differences from this are I won't put the winglets on the bumper but will have a big functional splitter, and I am still going to stick with step lip 18" style 5's even though the Fikse's would be amazing.

I also had some awesome pictures taken by Jared Hinderer at the KY Ice Cream Cruise!

Denny GTO Fitment

Denny GTO 2

Denny GTO

And I absolutely love this picture

GTO Interior

Comment

• Your car is always one of my favorites to shoot at the meets. We should go for an individual shoot with it some time.

It's a work in progress^
              Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
              Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

• I told this story in the showroom section but here it is for my build log:

I was working the other day and my little brother had nothing to do so I gave him my keys and he picked up my car from my work, detailed it and when he returned to trade cars he had his camera around his neck. So I asked why he had it and he ended up doing a small shoot on it at Zachary Taylor National Cemetery.

IMG_1289

IMG_1291

IMG_1284

IMG_1287

IMG_1290

Comment

• So I did a thing, don't mind that my car is still damaged (with no shows until H2oi I told my friend who is going to fix it not to worry about it for a little while)

ovr7

ovr8

So I took it to a local drag strip and had some fun, I ran a 9.16 in the 1/8th mile at 80 mph. I am struggling off the line but practice makes perfect and I can't complain about the fun I had for my first time.

then I aired out on stockers in the back haha.
                  ovr3

ovr1

Otherwise my build is basically on hold as I save money for my rebuild on my wheels. 2-3 paychecks out

Otherwise my list of prep for h2oi is as follows:
                  body work to fix damage, further fender and quarter work.
                  book my room or figure out a condo
                  build a custom functional front splitter (gotta love being from a road course background)
                  remove all of the stickers
                  re-tint rear window
                  see if I can get the front end a hair lower to rest the rim on the fender
                  triple check everything else to ensure the car will safely make it to and from h2oi, or get really comfortable towing a 26 foot enclosed car trailer
                  Last edited by GTOguy; 07-03-2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• I really need to get off my ass and figure H2O out too.
                    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

I really need to get off my ass and figure H2O out too.
                      I really need to decide if it will even be worth it to take my car. lol

It's a work in progress^
                      Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                      Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

• if you are still unsure about colors

check the fiat 500 range
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I really need to get off my ass and figure H2O out too.
                          I still haven't lmao

Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
                          I really need to decide if it will even be worth it to take my car. lol
                          You're welcome to caravan with all of the other Louisville crew I think were gonna be rolling 10+ cars deep

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          if you are still unsure about colors

check the fiat 500 range
                          I'm constantly changing my mind lol. This weeks selection is Chevy's Bermuda Blue

Comment

• So I was reading build logs as I was falling asleep last night and then as I swooned over reading odb's build log I realized I am only about a paycheck away from covering my wheel rebuild costs, which is quite exciting for me. Plus several more buddies have decided they want to join in the h2oi adventure so I am excited. My car still needs body work but I think my painter is just going to hold onto the car while I'm out of town for 10 days. So just a few small updates. Plus I am going to ImportAlliance this weekend, I didn't plan to attend but I didn't get scheduled to work so I am going just go and enjoy my buddies.

Another random update my buddy Cody (Mullet) took my car to a show while I worked a few weeks ago and it had a couple nice photos taken of it.

Comment

• BMW Techno Violet?

this color would look tits on your car

Comment

• Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                                BMW Techno Violet?

this color would look tits on your car
                                While I love the color and it would look great it would require me swapping to another interior color because I couldn't do red and purple haha. But there is a GTO in close to that color to give you an idea of how great it looks. I could just go to the oem purple interior

Comment

Working...
                                X