Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepping for the paint

20150207_090343 by SwCB9, on Flickr

Started taping off everything. Good prep good results. Took 30-40 mins to tape everything perfectly

20150207_114300 by SwCB9, on Flickr

Don't skip any section. I didn't want my door seals to have pain on them, so i taped that too.

20150207_111911 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_114218 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_114210 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_120324 by SwCB9, on Flickr

scuffed them up some

20150207_120329 by SwCB9, on Flickr

Then on to the primer

20150207_093619 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_093626 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_121024 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_121032 by SwCB9, on Flickr

1st few coats
    20150207_121500 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_121750 by SwCB9, on Flickr

First time laying a metallic paint. Alot to learn about tiger stripes, but I sort of got the hang of it.

20150207_122239 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_122258 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_122246 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_123927 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_123814 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_124006 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_124006 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_133804 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_133817 by SwCB9, on Flickr

Still need to let it fully cure, so i can wet sand and buff it out
    20150207_094950 by SwCB9, on Flickr

You can see the metallic so well! I'm pretty happy with the paint mix

20150207_094935 by SwCB9, on Flickr

Here you can see some of the tiger stripe before i fixed it

20150207_094520 by SwCB9, on Flickr

Final result, but it was getting dark. better shoots tomorrow

20150207_175533 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_175509 by SwCB9, on Flickr

20150207_175459 by SwCB9, on Flickr

sorry the update lacking energy. I'm a little under the weather. So, STHU about my dryness hahaha

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Those look killer paint matched! Can't remember if it is already but are you going to paint match the trunk lip? Now you just need your wheels back and those puddle lights installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by smiles View Post
        Those look killer paint matched! Can't remember if it is already but are you going to paint match the trunk lip? Now you just need your wheels back and those puddle lights installed.
        Thanks man! Actually the trunk will be completely molded and repainted along with the car. So, that's a yes! The trunk will get started on once I get back for New Orleans this up coming weekend. Yeah, i can't wait to finish the car. All the additions will be nice and hopefully nothing out of place!

Comment

• l00ken gewd . .

Comment

• I hope you got over spray everywhere.
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• I'm a fan of the color matched visors, I bet shaun's next comment includes telling me to color match my rear window visor...again
              Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
              check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                l00ken gewd . .
                TANKS
                Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                I hope you got over spray everywhere.
                Actually I need to clean my passenger glass and windshield
                Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                I'm a fan of the color matched visors, I bet shaun's next comment includes telling me to color match my rear window visor...again
                haha! Yeah i love it! Glad, I build my car for myself....... everyone told me NO! lol

Comment

• I love seeing all the Korean cars on this site. Nothing but inspiration and motivation.
                  Awesome car man, Can't wait to see where you are headed with it. That color match came out great, I have never seen a metallic from a can match that well.
                  IG - ChanbØb

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                    [CENTER][FONT="Fixedsys"]
                    20150207_175459 by SwCB9, on Flickr
                    I'm really liking this color-matched look. I don't know if this was your plan, but the matching visors help cut down the visual height of the windows and make the car look a bit shorter. Nice touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imaeechew View Post
                      I love seeing all the Korean cars on this site. Nothing but inspiration and motivation.
                      Awesome car man, Can't wait to see where you are headed with it. That color match came out great, I have never seen a metallic from a can match that well.
                      Thanks man! Yeah, i was blown away by quality of paint!

Originally posted by [666] View Post
                      I'm really liking this color-matched look. I don't know if this was your plan, but the matching visors help cut down the visual height of the windows and make the car look a bit shorter. Nice touch.
                      It was! The car needed that sleeker look. The did well with the Koup, but IMO threw together the sedans. If you section the car into the FRONT/REAR and separate them you'll see where they just ADDED four doors. IDK it's hard to explain, but the overall car seemed incomplete. So, i wanted the visors cut down the Economy car feel and add some elegance

Bought the supplies to get this transformation underway when I return!

Last edited by 244Brick; 02-11-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                        I'm a fan of the color matched visors, I bet shaun's next comment includes telling me to color match my rear window visor...again
                        me when i tell denny to paint match his visor and he says no
                        sigpic
                        "how do you drive that? Does it have those lifter shocks on it like the low riders?"
                        -Faithful Autozone Customer
                        Make me insta famous @isupa_shaun

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun708 View Post
                          me when i tell denny to paint match his visor and he says no
                          Sidenote. The full video of this kid is hilarious!!!!

Comment

Sidenote. The full video of this kid is hilarious!!!!
                            There is over 20 of them oh yeah, nice car by the way.
                            [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                            [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                            Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks man! Yeah, i was blown away by quality of paint!

It was! The car needed that sleeker look. The did well with the Koup, but IMO threw together the sedans. If you section the car into the FRONT/REAR and separate them you'll see where they just ADDED four doors. IDK it's hard to explain, but the overall car seemed incomplete. So, i wanted the visors cut down the Economy car feel and add some elegance

Bought the supplies to get this transformation underway when I return!

why you gotta order black adhesive for? you racist??
                              sigpic
                              "how do you drive that? Does it have those lifter shocks on it like the low riders?"
                              -Faithful Autozone Customer
                              Make me insta famous @isupa_shaun

Comment

• I just read ALL 48 pages of this #myeyesburn........AMAZING BUILD!!! By the way, I did 10 years in the Air Force! You're gonna love it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X