No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That last picture. Hnnnng. I'mma steal that thing when I come over in August, just fyi.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Again, another case of the direction of the throwing stars pointing backwards mate it still looks amazing, but when the rest of the cars perfect its just one flaw the eagle eyed out there will notice, although 90% of cars with these wheels have them facing the same way as yours.

Fitted from factory on an E34 M5, see the direction of the throw is forward...

Last edited by Steven_318ti; 05-10-2017, 04:48 AM.
      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
        Watching the Instagram story, I knew it was only a matter of time before an update on here!

So glad to see this back on the road man!
        Thank you man. I cannot tell you how good it feels. It's going to be even better when I get all the niggles worked out!

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
        That last picture. Hnnnng. I'mma steal that thing when I come over in August, just fyi.
        Sure man, you can drive either when you're over haha.

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
        Again, another case of the direction of the throwing stars pointing backwards mate it still looks amazing, but when the rest of the cars perfect its just one flaw the eagle eyed out there will notice, although 90% of cars with these wheels have them facing the same way as yours.

Fitted from factory on an E34 M5, see the direction of the throw is forward...
        Yeah, I know which way they're meant to go. I had them on like that for a few weeks, but I prefer them backwards, I think it looks a little more aggressive.

Thanks for spotting though, as you say, most people don't take notice haha.

Comment

• I absolutely love this car Scott, but yeah mate its personal preference I suppose, either way its still my favourite Touring
          My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• After a bit of a shit night last night, I fitted the Sport Interior with no troubles today *Yaaaaaaasssss!!!

I took the Touring to get an alignment at my works garage yesterday, but whilst it was loaded up with bits and bobs, the rear wheels hit the arches. Leaving some nice scuffs on the lip. It really is very hard to tell, but it's enough to annoy the piss out of me. I'll be trying to get the polished again soon. I also managed to round on the flat bits on the track rod ends, so I've ordered new inner and outer ones as well as new boots.

So my next job is to figure out how the hell I stop the car from rubbing (I know the simple answer, so don't bother) Stiffer springs and get my dampers re-valved or bumpstop it just before it hits the arch?

Anyone got a trick for getting those dents in the leather out? Tried some heat, but it didn't do much. I'll be getting the scuffs on the bolsters touched up at somepoint too.

Comment

• Man those weels look amazing on that car! Also, I've never been a fan of the typical grey BMW car color, but you changed that!

Comment

• Looks awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by michel3171 View Post
                  Man those weels look amazing on that car! Also, I've never been a fan of the typical grey BMW car color, but you changed that!
                  Originally posted by LAWLence View Post
                  Looks awesome!
                  Thanks dudes. Some parts arriving this week to hopefully get me back on the road.

Comment

• Spent the morning fitting new Meyle HD inner and outer track rod ends with new boots. I managed to round one of the track rod ends during my alignment, so I figured it would just be easier to replace the whole lot. I'll get it back to the garage this week and align it again.

Tried my best to get them roughly the same length.

I also fitted Bastien's old German plates from his Touring. Can't get a better plate I don't think haha.

Comment

• '87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• That plate

Comment

• This is quite nice

needs moar lows

Comment

• Thank you dudes!

So, after lots and lots (and lots) of messing around with the suspension set up, I finally managed to make some progress with how the Touring sits. The rear has been giving my the biggest headache, it's pretty tight, so I've been trying to set it up so that wheels don't hit. I haven't driven it yet, so I don't know if they do, but I don't think it will. I'm gonna order some stiffer springs just to be sure.

I've got some more bits and bobs arriving this week and I should be able to get them fitted and aligned by the weekend.

Comment

• Can't wait to see this at Players Classic man!
                              www.matthewdear.co.uk

Comment

• gawd damn this things beautiful!

Nice work man
                                Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                                www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Working...
                                X