No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where the f can i get R33 GTR Wheels? they literally look good on EVERYTHING. BUY THEM DUDE!

I just love your cars btw..

//edit: aw shit the r33 wheels are only 17 inch.. i'm out xd

Comment

• Love the Aero bumper on the red one, Scott!

Originally posted by Back_in_Black View Post
      where the f can i get R33 GTR Wheels? they literally look good on EVERYTHING.
      Except R33s.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Thanks dudes.

I've done a few bits and bobs over the last couple of weeks, I was hoping to have it on the road by now, but I had a little delay with getting my rear dampers welded, so that took a bit more time than imagined.

I'm trying to run quite a tight fitment this year and it was clear after talking to Khalil that I wouldn't be able to run enough pre-load with my current set up. So I sent my rear damper cups to the welders to be shortened. They've been threaded inside and then tig welded on the outside, so should be more than up to the task.

I've fitted them to the car, I'm just waiting to get an MOT on the car and then I can go about trying the wheels back on.

[/url]

I fitted some new clear indicators to the front, so it now looks super fresh.

I picked up a leather sport interior at the weekend too. And I also go around to sorting out my extended leather which has sat in my room for a year. I can't wait to fit this all to the car, pretty much a full new interior this year.

Bastien sent me some goodies which included his old plates from the Touring. I'm really stoked to have these, always considered Bastiens Touring to be the best, so happy a little part of it will live on in my car.

Comment

• 95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Glad to see you got the plates straightened out reasonably well! I'm bummed they got bent during shipping. Just shows how the postal service treats packages!

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing those extended leather bits in your car.

And stop posting pics of the red one. It's making me like Tourings without roof rails and that's a no no!

Comment

• That bumper is awesome, I need to go back through this whole thread, I feel like I am missing out.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                Glad to see you got the plates straightened out reasonably well! I'm bummed they got bent during shipping. Just shows how the postal service treats packages!

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing those extended leather bits in your car.

And stop posting pics of the red one. It's making me like Tourings without roof rails and that's a no no!
                Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                That bumper is awesome, I need to go back through this whole thread, I feel like I am missing out.
                Thank you dudes!

I'm really bummed they got damaged too man, but it adds a little character if anything.

I've just got word that the car is booked in for it's MOT next Tuesday. Should be on the road next week if all goes well!

Comment

• You're making a die-hard benz guy want a beemer.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                    You're making a die-hard benz guy want a beemer.
                    Haha, join us!

Managed to get a quick hour on the Touring tonight. I fitted the extended leather glove-box, I love the way it looks, but I **** how it fits! So I'll be pulling it out again at the weekend to take a look why it fits so bad on the left.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to sort the sag on the left hand side?

Comment

• The lock is not holding in place when you close it, nothing a ziptie cant fix.

Comment

• Most of the sag is because the bottom of the vent panel has some not so easily noticeable tabs that get broken or bent.

Can't really tell well from the pics but if you say it's only on one side and not on the center then I wouldn't think it's the lock.

Check the tabs on the first pic https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ovebox-Summary . If the tabs are ok and the glove box assembly is tightly fixed to the dash I would suspect the lid itself might be warped. Try to wiggle the glovebox lid at the left bottom hinge, does the assembly move?

On second look, do you have an extended leather lid on a regular dash? The lid looks like it's protruding/thicker.
                        Last edited by tonis; 05-07-2017, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by klucifers View Post
                          The lock is not holding in place when you close it, nothing a ziptie cant fix.
                          Originally posted by tonis View Post
                          Most of the sag is because the bottom of the vent panel has some not so easily noticeable tabs that get broken or bent.

Can't really tell well from the pics but if you say it's only on one side and not on the center then I wouldn't think it's the lock.

Check the tabs on the first pic https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ovebox-Summary . If the tabs are ok and the glove box assembly is tightly fixed to the dash I would suspect the lid itself might be warped. Try to wiggle the glovebox lid at the left bottom hinge, does the assembly move?

On second look, do you have an extended leather lid on a regular dash? The lid looks like it's protruding/thicker.
                          I managed to get it to fit a little better, I hadn't actually fitted it properly in the first place haha. It's better, it lines up now, but it still not as good as I would like.

Whilst I was doing some little bits and bobs, getting the car ready for it's MOT (tomorrow) I figured I'd see how this fancy rear blind works. I'm not going to lie, it took me a good 15 minutes to figure out that the blind detaches from the load cover...then all I had to do was mount it to the mounts at the bottom of the seat and then hook it up.

Hell yeah for option extras haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                            I'm not going to lie, it took me a good 15 minutes to figure out that the blind detaches from the load cover...then all I had to do was mount it to the mounts at the bottom of the seat and then hook it up.
                            Honestly, I've owned my Touring for 7 years and never knew that and mine had the net as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                              Honestly, I've owned my Touring for 7 years and never knew that and mine had the net as well.
                              Hahaha, well now I don't feel so bad.

Took the car out today. First time in around 7 months. Wow. I've missed it. I swear I fall in love all over again when I get in it. She passed her MOT with no worries, so that's nice.

Those of you that follow my Instagram will know I've got the wheels back on. I've still to sort the fitment out and make it work so it doesn't rub or anything, so that will be my job for the next few days. Oh, and swapping that Sport interior in.

Comment

• Watching the Instagram story, I knew it was only a matter of time before an update on here!

So glad to see this back on the road man!
                                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                                1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                                *pats Sebs head*
                                there there.
                                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Working...
                                X