No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude I never had the chance to say how I love your touring. This thing is so clean.

It was an honor to see it in person and to be parked near it at the Cressing barns!
    '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

• Damn, all the Touring action make me want one!

Grey is good, but I love the red one, please keep it without the M.package, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Laef View Post
        Dude I never had the chance to say how I love your touring. This thing is so clean.

It was an honor to see it in person and to be parked near it at the Cressing barns!
        Thank you so much man. I loved your car too, thanks for coming over!

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
        Damn, all the Touring action make me want one!

Grey is good, but I love the red one, please keep it without the M.package, thanks
        I'm kind of set on doing the M sport stuff now. It just looks so much better.

Went over to a buddy's at the weekend to help swap some bits on his E36 over. We found a cool street to shoot some photographs on too.

I think that's the last outing for it this year, can't see me needing to bring it out anymore, weather is starting to get worse and worse.

Just need to get the red Touring through it's MOT and then I can start concentrating on the little bits for next year.

Comment

• Third shot is fire, so good

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
            Third shot is fire, so good
            My buddy Dan did good on that one. - www.danielbridlephoto.com

Comment

• Gosh I love the e36 but I'm not a fan of the rear arches as they make the car have soooo much rake, just like the facelift e30s same thing. But still this thing is super clean, I likey

Comment

• Always regret selling my other set of M Systems. So I managed to find another set of E31 wheels for mega cheap. Went and picked them up the other day, just need a good refurb and some covers.

Touring is now officially SORN'd and off the road. One last quick blast for some coffee last night.

And I got the daily stuck in a ditch trying to avoid some horse shit haha

Spent some time on the red Touring today too. Had some pretty shitty noises from the front, so replaced the drop links, inner and outer track rod ends with new gators. Noises are away! Need some new coilovers and another alignment though.

And I also gave it a yearly polish, really needs going over with a machine, it's covered in swirls from where I've washed it with stones haha.

Comment

• love this thread !

Comment

• bring the red one down to the Krispy Kreme meet in New Malden mate! would love to see the red one in person especially after the detail it looks clean as mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                      bring the red one down to the Krispy Kreme meet in New Malden mate! would love to see the red one in person especially after the detail it looks clean as mate
                      Haha it's really nothing special. Need to get the wheels sorted, I've recently started parking by bouncing it off kerbs

Comment

• Had a good day on the daily again. Made myself a list of jobs and managed to do all of them, so I'm pretty chuffed with myself.

First job was to fit the new bumpstops and covers. The new dampers didn't come with any and my current ones were pretty trashed. So out came the rear interior and popped them on after removing the top mounts.

I knew I'd be in the garage for most of the day, so I popped the headlights out. They were super foggy and had loads of water behind them. So I got them out and split them down and sat them in-front of the radiator for a few hours. They look much better now after a good clean and dry out. Gave the front panel a wee clean up too.

I swapped some spacers about, so the front doesn't rub anymore and it's actually quite pleasant to drive haha.

Tackled the rear boot lock too, I got a spare from Vish yesterday and fitted it, worked a treat. Now my boot actually locks! Which is always handy.

Sorted my handbrake too, now it works better than it ever has.

I'll leave you with a picture of some toy cars.

Comment

• Lol, 'toy cars'.. Love your touring dude

Comment

• Nice work Scotty

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                            Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• Originally posted by kevvy_dawg View Post
                              Lol, 'toy cars'.. Love your touring dude
                              Originally posted by AtlantisTouring View Post
                              Nice work Scotty
                              Thanks dudes. Might get around to working on the Touring sometime this week

Comment

• Found some time to work on the Touring today.

Nothing major really, decided to test fit one the 9" rears on the front, more to feed my curiosity than anything else. Seem to fit really well, a lot more space than I imagined, so could definitely work if I took some time setting it up.

Going to be making a few changes to the coilovers/spring rates over winter so I can run lower without rubbing etc, so we will see how it goes.

I got around to adjusting the handbrake too as I got sick of almost pulling the damn thing off every time I used it. Adjusted it from the shoes and then took the slack out the cables from the inside, of which there was quite a lot.

Finished the day off just by giving the daily a wash and a quick coat of wax from AMDetails.

Comment

Working...
                                X