No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European car shows have the absolute BEST venues. Period.

Wagon looks fantastic! I'm sure it was well received at the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by lamsv View Post
      European car shows have the absolute BEST venues. Period.

Wagon looks fantastic! I'm sure it was well received at the show.
      Yeah, the venue was something pretty special.

Another really good day on the car, only done a few jobs, but I'm feeling quite accomplished

First job was to replace my rear light gaskets - I noticed some water getting into the boot floor when I was washing it once, only £12 for genuine replacements from BMW. The boot seal will be up next, but it's quite pricey at around £55 from BMW, so I thought I'd start here first.

Once the lights were out, I could see the gaskets themselves were a little bit worn and past their best.

Took the oppurtinity to clean behind the lights as well. Noticed I'd left loads of guide coat on it from where I once made my repairs, however that's all off now and it looks nice and shiny!

New gasket on and then same for the other side

Next up was to fit my new, custom side molding badges. I've wanted a set of the "BMW Individual" or "Motorsport International" badges ever since I saw them, but I also wanted to do something unique, since it was a Touring after all, I came up with this -

Needless to say, I'm very, very happy! The quality of them is great, very OEM, however the backing plates they have came on are a bit bigger than they need to be and a little bit scruffy. So i'm getting the insert pieces separate and will be retrofitting them into OEM backing plates, that way you will have to try very hard to figure out if they're genuine or not

And finally, my last job was coding my OEM key fob to the car. Took a lot of head scratching and a lot of questions to my mate, Alex, but I got it done. We once tried years a go to get it programmed, but I had a fake key fob then, so we left the alarm unplugged, but I forgot we had! Once I'd plugged it back in, it didn't take long.

I'll get a new casing for it eventually, this one has seen better days.

Comment

• Pleasure to meet you man! This thing is beyond clean

Comment

• Thanks very much for the photo dude, appreciated!

Great to meet you as well, hopefully bump into you at some other shows

Comment

• Really digging the painted front lip, I don't see that piece painted very often on e36s. Good wheel choice and the "classic" stance without over the top lows or camber is really fitting of the clean car. Good work!
            Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
            and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
              Really digging the painted front lip, I don't see that piece painted very often on e36s. Good wheel choice and the "classic" stance without over the top lows or camber is really fitting of the clean car. Good work!
              Thank you dude. I'm really glad I went for the painted lip.

The homie Alex Carroll took some mega pics of the Touring at RH's Cressing show!

Comment

• Really want the car a touch lower, not too much, but just a bit. It'll rub if I lower it though, so hopefully I'll be ordering some stiffer springs and some caster adjustment top mounts to sort the front out.

Lost a bit of bumper trim on the motorway the other night, so I'll order that from BMW when I get paid. Finally ordered a RH brake duct too, bumper should be complete after that.

I'll be collecting a bunch of parts over the next few months to replace the majority of the steering components, new rack, inner and outer track rods, UJ with solid steering bush - all of which will hopefully get rid of my "vague" and "notchy" steering.

Comment

• Love it mate, also like how you've stuck with the standard mirrors and haven't went down the M3 route, I've done the same
                  My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                    Love it mate, also like how you've stuck with the standard mirrors and haven't went down the M3 route, I've done the same
                    Don't like them on anything but an M3

Comment

• I can't get enough of this thing, so clean!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Love the attention to detail man! Stunning wagon

Comment

• This thing is so proper, damn good job man

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                            I can't get enough of this thing, so clean!
                            Thanks man!

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
                            Love the attention to detail man! Stunning wagon
                            Thanks dude *Screams "It's actually called a Touring" inside head"

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                            This thing is so proper, damn good job man
                            Cheers for the kind words man.

My new work hours means I get a little bit more time to tinker on this.

I lost a bit of the underneath of my bumper on the motorway a few weeks a go. I managed to get one cheap enough from BMW so I went ahead and ordered it. But, because I'm an idiot, I ordered the wrong side

But I fitted it anyway with new hardware (everyone loves BMW nuts and bolts.)

I also finally fitted my R/H brake duct that I've been missing for the last 3 years. Front bumper is now entirely as it should be, bar that missing bit of trim.

The panel gaps have always bugged me around the headlight/front panel area so that will be getting sorted hopefully once the car is off the road again. I think I'll need to spend a few hours taking everything out and fiddling with it.

For those of you that have me on FB/Instagram, you'll probably already know the script with my red touring (daily). Some lassie reversed into it at work, bursting the front panel. I managed to source another, just in a different colour - which isn't too much of a worry as my buddy is painting the bonnet for me at the end of the month!

I'm actually in the process of cleaning the red Touring up. I've bought a mates leather interior and I'm in the process of swapping everything over, i've currently only got the rear stuff fitted. It comes with the all important door cards too!

Yes, I know. The stickers are already off

Comment

• My buddy picked up a Touring earlier in the week so I went over today to have a look and fix some bits and bobs. Grabbed a quick comparison pic before I left haha

And does anyone know of the top of their head what else I need for the rear PDC retrofit? I'm assuming there's more.

Comment

• I have a file I put together with parts for parking sensors. I have it from the time I was thinking of installing it on my wife's project car. You can find printscreens enclosed in this post. Although I don't think everything is written, I can't find the wiring harness that leads to the front of the vehicle (maybe in pic 2, with the list of things included in the official upgrade set are).

Please keep in mind that the parts are based on german spec BMW's (with steering wheel on the "correct" side), so some parts may be different. You'll have to check that for yourself.

As for your pic, I assume you'll need a wiring harness from the module to the fusebox and the beeper, or something similar.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X