Clear All

• Sooooo clean!
    E36 Bonnie

Comment

• Originally posted by SanderZ View Post
      Your car is butt ugly
      I know

Originally posted by Nixxon View Post
      Oh, so that's a touring thing. I thought E36 tourings had the same as E39 tourings that have tools on the boot lid.

As for the missing tool, at first I thought it was another wrench (my 1991 sedan had 3), but then I remembered that my wife's 1993 E36 only had 2.

What I think you're "missing" is a tow hook. IT would also include a Z shaped hexagon tool to manually close the sunroof, but you don't have one. It goes in the pouch on the far right, and the sparkplug removal tool on the far left. At least that's what this internet pic shows:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/8QAAAOSwLN5Wj8NR/.JPG

or this one:
      http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/Img_1379.jpg
      Nice! Thanks for the info. I've actually got a tow hook in the boot, so now I know

Originally posted by royalife View Post
      Sooooo clean!
      Thanks dude.

So tonight I decided a little problem that was pointed out by my friend. It turns out my CCV valve wasn't working and the car was burning oil. In general, this isn't very good and can sometimes lead to the rocker cover leaking, which would explain my slight leak at the rear of the engine.

Now, engine stuff usually worries me, I'm not a mechanic and I generally don't like messing around with stuff that I could potentially break, but I'm never going to learn by just letting someone else do it.

The fix was actually pretty simple, just fiddly. In all, it took me about 1.5 hours just taking it easy.

The first step was to remove the airbox, you get a lot better access. Then remove the cooling pipe for the alternator (i think). There's 3, 10mm bolts that hold the CCV valve in place, they're quite tricky to get at, you'll probably need a small socket and spanner.

Once I'd undone those, I pulled the pipe from the bottom of the valve, pushed it off the back of the intake manifold and then removed it along with the pipe that's on the rocker. I then pulled the pipe that goes into the bottom of the engine.

With all the parts removed, it makes it pretty easy to see why it wasn't working with all the burnt and clogged oil.

With all the old parts out, I went about installing the brand new BMW items. I chose to go with the BMW stuff just for piece of mind, at the end of the day it deals with the cars oil circulation and I didn't really want some cheap part fucking up and resulting in engine damage.

I probably could have re-used the "O" ring, but I had a new one so I replaced it anyway. Very easy, just pops out and back in again.

Then I installed the pipe that connects the CCV valve to the crankcase. Again, very easy, just pops on. The fiddly bit was getting a good connection on the valve, but not overly complicated.

Then the actual valve itself. This was the tricky part, getting those 10mm bolts in was a bitch.

Then the top hose itself

And that was it! I made sure everything was connected properly and tightened down. Started it up to check for leaks and none!

And I believe, I have just fixed my first engine issue! Hooray! Next up is the big service with M50 Manifold etc

Comment

• Dang I love this thing.
        My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

• Car is looking amazing man, will need to hang out a day when your up in Scotland, can show you the m5 too

Comment

• Originally posted by TerenceJCruz View Post
            Dang I love this thing.
            Thanks dude!

Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
            Car is looking amazing man, will need to hang out a day when your up in Scotland, can show you the m5 too
            Cheers, Chris! Yeah, a rip in that would be so good! I'm back up in July for Cleanfest and the week after, so we'll hang in Glasgow for a bit.

Comment

• Spent today detailing parts of the car like the interior and engine bay. Just need to wash it and a quick going over with some glaze before she's good for Players Classic next weekend!

Comment

• Last one is the money shot!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• One of the first threads I've subsrcibed to when I first got my account, and I'm finally going to see this in the flesh

what a love story!

Comment

• What a great weekend! My first Players event done and dusted.

Started off by getting the car aligned by Danny at DC Autos in St Albans on Wednesday. Great guy, really knows his stuff. The machine was giving us a funny reading on one side, so Danny wanted us back in on Friday morning for a check up. Went in and the machine was working perfect, he'd re-calibrated it for us and with that, we made some final tweaks and I was good to go!

After the check up on Friday, I met with Dan from RollHard and helped pack the van and then we set off for Goodwood. Ended up driving to my mates hotel in Bognor Regis, they drove from Scotland!

Arrived at the hotel

Slept in worse places haha

Woke up early and headed to the show. Car was on the RollHard stand which was great, plenty laughs and some decent company. Cheers again lads!

And finally, a massive thanks to those who stopped by to have a look at the car and a chat. Lovely to put some faces to names. See you all soon!

Comment

• Man this looks so cool in person.
                      Www.GrantMcDonnell.Com
                      @WeAreCerti

Comment

• Originally posted by GrantLDN View Post
                        Man this looks so cool in person.
                        Thanks dude! Good to meet you.

Comment

• Finally got some new plates for the Touring! Gets rid of that nasty old GB badge on there. Rear of the car looks a lot better now.

Just have to wash it and then she's ready for the BMW show at the weekend.

Comment

• Love it with no wipers, looks sooo clean

Comment

• Really happy to have seen the car at Players! Shame I couldn't catch you around it but we'll bump into each other at some show either way

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
                                Love it with no wipers, looks sooo clean
                                Thanks man! It fucking sucks in random rain storms

Hopefully you can see it soon, back up next month!

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                                Really happy to have seen the car at Players! Shame I couldn't catch you around it but we'll bump into each other at some show either way
                                Thanks dude. See you soon

Comment

Working...
                                X