Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AtlantisTouring View Post
    Strong work bro!
    Thanks a lot mate. Been a long time getting it to this stage!

Originally posted by SanderZ View Post
    How did you do that with your bumper, i got the same problem
    If you take the rear splash guards out and look inside, you'll see a little bracket that the bumper slides into. There's two 8mm bolts which you can loosen enough to give you the adjustment you want, then just tighten them back up!

Comment

• Did you remove the sidelight from the headlight or are the running lights wired in to come on with the original sidelights aswell?
      I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        Did you remove the sidelight from the headlight or are the running lights wired in to come on with the original sidelights aswell?
        I've just removed the sidelights from headlights just now. I might think of a way to have it so I can switch between the two.

Today I dropped my front Throwing Stars off to have the tyres fitted and balanced. I took them to VooDoo Motorsport, just outside Bovingdon as a lot of my friends have used him and have been told he is very good.

They were right. Very, very happy to have the tyres fitted. My flush fit valves caused a little bit of a headache, but he took is time and sorted them out for me. He gave me some good advice on polishing the wheels back up to scratch.

I'm super, super happy with how they look. Just need the rears done now!

Comment

• Those are going to look great!

Comment

• Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
            Those are going to look great!
            Thanks man. Really looking forward to seeing them mounted!

Comment

• Throwing stars will be epic on this. Will raise the classiness another level!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• I got the Touring back together yesterday. So the rear brakes are on now and I've done a nut and bolt check, ready for the MOT this Thursday! Didn't take many pics as i've ran out of space on my phone.

Rear carriers in primer. These have now been painted Titan silver, to match the car.

I couldn't resist trying on a wheel. Going to look great I think!

The wheels have now been polished back up and coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour

Comment

• That front looks like it pokes a lot from the photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                    That front looks like it pokes a lot from the photo.
                    Yeah it does. That's 17x8 et5 with virtually no camber and height adjustment.

Comment

• Took Thursday off to have the Touring MOT'd, but before that, I had the red Touring aligned by DC Auto's in St. Albans.

Danny was great, took his time, asked what settings I wanted and even made me a cup of tea. Banter wasn't bad either! Car drives like a dream now with pretty much 0 degree's of toe on the wheels. Hopefully my tyres will last a bit longer then! Definitely recommend going to DC Atuos if you have a low car in the Hertfordshire area.

So after I'd done that, I took the Touring for it's MOT. And it passed! I forgot how good it was to drive, brakes are so sharp and the power is such a difference from the red Touring. Miss it!

Last night I had a little play around with the coilovers and wheels. Still need to go down a lot on the front, I'm going to have another play around tomorrow.

Ordered tyres and a bunch of other bits that will be here next week!

Comment

• Good Lord!! It looks amazing id kill for throwing stars. Great work Scott

Comment

• I love this build man! The wheels are perfect

Comment

• red touring is so clean

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGrey View Post
                              Good Lord!! It looks amazing id kill for throwing stars. Great work Scott
                              Originally posted by philippeoliviergiguere View Post
                              I love this build man! The wheels are perfect
                              Thanks dudes!

Originally posted by spaaals View Post
                              red touring is so clean
                              It's a wreck compared to the silver one haha.

Had a little play around with the car at the weekend.

I've been trying to set the suspension up so that just before my wheel hits the arch, it hit's a bumpstop. But I failed at doing that and just confused myself some more. So I just took some photos

It was such a nice day and I really wanted to drive the car, properly, for the first time in 2 years. So I put the rest of the Style 32's on, adjusted the height a little and went for a drive.

SO GOOD! I've missed this car a lot. I took it over to my friends house and got some really nice comments, especially from his mum and dad haha.

He snapped this great picture of the Touring, I'm really pleased with how it looks so far.

Unfortunately all my excitement was cut short a little. Upon leaving my buddies house the Touring started to idle horribly. I checked the oil whilst I was stopped to make sure it was ok and just upon leaving it just didn't want to idle smoothly. Very rough and lumpy, almost as if it wasn't running on all 6 cylinders. The car drives fine, just idle and low rpm are a bit rough.

Pretty upset as I just wanted to use the car this week to get some miles on the coilovers. I've had a few different suggestions as to what it could be, but I'm going to try a crankshaft position sensor first.

Comment

• Some pics of the Touring from my camera.

Took the car out for a small run last night and the idle issue has gotten a little better. I've got a crankshaft sensor from Ben at Hack Engineering, so I might as well replace it and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X