• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
      Looks even mightier in that film!
      Originally posted by Mrlundye36 View Post
      Car looks amazing. Top thread and top work buddy
      Originally posted by boarder View Post
      Love this thing, so simple and clean. if only we had them in the US
      Cheers guys

Comment

• Well todaaaay was supposed to be "Fit 5mm spacers and add all the camber" day, buuuut that didn't happen

Got the camber bolts all free'd and what not, fitted the 5mm spacer and jacked the wheel up and the clearance was still baw hair tight. So I've taken the spacer off, readjusted the camber and I'm picking up 3mm spacers from a friend tomorrow.

Untitled by Paterson Photo, on Flickr

It was a glorious day though, so I don't feel bad for all that wasted time.

Comment

• Went down to my mate Alex's yesterday to pick up 3mm spacers and get my key fob working.

But.

We ran into a lot of trouble with the key fob modification. First being when we pulled apart the control module to reveal the 8 pins, which you can short out in order to simulate a pulse from the fob, NONE of the wires would short, although this did arm the the alarm and we spent the next 2-3 hours trying to disarm the bloody thing.

Finally, after getting the alarm to disarm itself, we programed Alex's original keyfob to my car (to check it was working) and it worked. Hooray! So I now need to get another key fob as it turned out mine was a cheap copy and didn't look anything like the original one after we took it apart.

But here's some photos from the day/night. We ended up going out to Glasgow and kicking around for a bit. OH and Alex also made me take my air filter out, which made the car sound fucking awesome. But I put it back in this morning because im too paranoid about shit getting in the engine

Comment

• Did that car have orange wheels at some point? That had to be killer seeing you two rolling around together=)
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
              Did that car have orange wheels at some point? That had to be killer seeing you two rolling around together=)
              Nope, always the purple Style5's. Yeah it was awesome, town was super busy and everyone was looking

Comment

• I heart your car and Alex's too

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                  I heart your car and Alex's too
                  And we love yours!

Soo..the other day, whilst washing the car, I noticed that on the wheels I had re-powdercoated, after I kerbed them, the coating has cracked. Great. I'm putting this down to the heat we've been having the past few days and down to the company having a reputation for over baking wheels. Which I'm just finding out.

There's literally nothing I can do. I can't re-powdercoat them a 4th time, no way.

Played with my fitment again. Added a 3mm spacer and a touch more camber and got it looking awesome. But it rubbed. And If i added any more camber, I'd lose the fitment. So it's back off and back to the normal camber.

And my plate fill came. Featuring my cat.

Comment

• very nice build so far!

Comment

• nice cat
                      IG: Dimitriantoniou
                      1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                      1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        very nice build so far!
                        Originally posted by meech View Post
                        nice cat
                        Thanks guys.

Got my new window banner in the post today

Thanks again, Andrew!

Comment

• Small update since last.

Started this morning off by finally resetting my service light, 3 minute job.

Then I went about tackling the job of fitting my M3 rear section to the car. 323i's are little bit different, since they are a single pipe all the way through. I ordered up some pipe during the week so I could make a "Y" piece, significantly cheaper than converting to 328i front and mid sections.

This is what I had in mind. But, I hadn't measured the length I needed to meet the single pipe flange. It turns out that both back boxes are the same length, so there was no need for the extra pipes I bought. Oops!

So I cut the M3 backbox shorter, in order to make up a "Y" piece and small single tubed section to meet up with the existing flange.

Then with the help of my Dad, ever the master fabricator he is, we soon had these.

Dont worry, we improved the fit, this was just for the photo.

DadFab at work! All welded up with stainless wire, so no rust

Which left us with this

Pretty happy with that! Considering neither of us really knew what we were doing Going to measure then weld on the existing flange from the M3 exhaust so I get a nice fit. Brackets should be in on Monday so I can fit it.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a finished exhaust, ready to fit!

Comment

• Great work! too bad about the wheel....
                            Facebook Sander Zuurbier
                            Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

• Originally posted by SanderZ View Post
                              Great work! too bad about the wheel....
                              Thanks!

Yeah, suuuper bummed about the wheels. I've had it confirmed that it's definitely the coaters fault..so I might go and see them this week.

Comment

• Fitted the M3 rear box today!

As you can see, we were really not far off the length needed. We ended up welding the flange from the pipe in the left hand corner for a good fit.

DadFab doing the last little bits of welding.

After that we wrestled it into place. I bought new brackets/hangers and replaced everything with stainless hardware to ensure it would outlast the car.

It sounds really nice. Quite a deep burble at idle and rpms, but weirdly quieter than my old exhaust whilst driving. Turns out it had quite a few little holes in it. Super happy with it though, just what I wanted!

Sound clip to come

Comment

Working...
                                X