Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delicious

Comment

• I swear this car is just put on the earth to test me.

I may or may not have said this before, but since I got the car, I have been experiencing a quite harsh, at times, wobble on the steering. I put this down to having a worn ball joint and the RHD caliper sticking, which is a common problem apparently.

Now, I thought I fixed the caliper when I replaced the discs and pads, but tonight the steering wobble came back again, pretty violently. I stopped at a roundabout with smoke pouring out the front wheel. With the wheel too hot to touch. So I'm ordering a new caliper tonight which will hopefully cure it.

But here's some pics. Everyone loves pics.

Comment

• Sell me your wheels? Am in love with this car, amazing!
        slow build, fast cars

Comment

• Haha, thanks dude. But the wheels won't be for sale

Comment

• Ah dude, I had the exact same issue on my 36. OSF caliper kept sticking, thus warping the disc and getting major wheel wobble! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Its looking amazing, get that front down though
            -SW|UK-
            Education - Knowledge - Power
            insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
              Ah dude, I had the exact same issue on my 36. OSF caliper kept sticking, thus warping the disc and getting major wheel wobble! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Its looking amazing, get that front down though
              Yeah, quite a common problem! Happened on my mates Touring too.

Well my Dad, every so great that he is, swapped the caliper today for a shiny new one whilst I was at college

Haven't driven it yet, but the peddle feels great.

I only bloody cleaned them on Saturday!

Comment

• I would keep them also. What are the specs on them? The whole deal if you wouldn't mind?
                Are you running spacers? (I have read the whole thred but was a while ago.)

What an awesome dad also.
                slow build, fast cars

Comment

• Sucks about the caliper, I had the same issue on my previous E36 and my dad's old 323ti a few years ago... my Touring's luckily not had it... yet.

Cool of your dad to change it for you!

I really would love to see your Touring in real life. Sucks that I couldn't make it over to the UK this summer.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by shredgnar_ View Post
                    I would keep them also. What are the specs on them? The whole deal if you wouldn't mind?
                    Are you running spacers? (I have read the whole thred but was a while ago.)

What an awesome dad also.
                    17x8/9 et 22/26

No spacers.

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    Sucks about the caliper, I had the same issue on my previous E36 and my dad's old 323ti a few years ago... my Touring's luckily not had it... yet.

Cool of your dad to change it for you!

I really would love to see your Touring in real life. Sucks that I couldn't make it over to the UK this summer.
                    Yeah, I'd like to see yours too! Hopefully we can get them shot together next year, that would be rad

Comment

• If mine is running next year, yeah! I'm planning on re-doing all the areas that I'm not satisfied with and all the issues it has, no idea how long that will take me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                        If mine is running next year, yeah! I'm planning on re-doing all the areas that I'm not satisfied with and all the issues it has, no idea how long that will take me.
                        Really looking forward to seeing your progress.

We'll get them together, for sure!

Comment

• Well its been said next year we'll be doing some European shows, I will be for sure anyways. Scott you're welcome to stay at mine before we head out as you live 10,000 miles away lol
                          -SW|UK-
                          Education - Knowledge - Power
                          insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Well its been said next year we'll be doing some European shows, I will be for sure anyways. Scott you're welcome to stay at mine before we head out as you live 10,000 miles away lol
                            If you guys hit up somewhere close to me in Germany, I'm sure I can arrange for a place to stay, haha.

Comment

Well its been said next year we'll be doing some European shows, I will be for sure anyways. Scott you're welcome to stay at mine before we head out as you live 10,000 miles away lol
                              Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                              If you guys hit up somewhere close to me in Germany, I'm sure I can arrange for a place to stay, haha.
                              Count me in

Isn't there a show in France that you go to, Bastien?

Comment

• Today I finally got round to replacing the rear brakes. Good job I didn't wait any longer, they were fucked!

Whilst the rear was in the air, I put the top rubber pad back in, to raise it a little and get rid of the reverse rake. My Dad then helped to do the lower arm(which was a pain in the ass btw) and then I lowered the front half a turn

Also, if you haven't seen already, I have some pics in the showroom section - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=49133

Comment

Working...
                                X