Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
    They say 80mm-100mm, so probably low enough. Going to try it with the helper springs in just now, if it's not low enough, then I'll take them out or get shorter springs
    nice looking forward to it pal!
    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Got the patches welded yesterday. Used oxyacetylene instead of mig because it would have been a bit harsh.

All done. Not going back until the weekend, my painter is busy doing some stuff with his son. I should be getting it into paint over the weekend.

I also got a new kitten. She's called Konno and she's so rad!

She likes walking across the laptop

Comment

• yes yes yessssssssss
        -SW|UK-
        Education - Knowledge - Power
        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Ordering a bunch of bits and bobs tomorrow/weekend - door handles, window seal, strut tower reinforcements, badges, tyres.

Has anyone got any experience with stretching Maxxis MA-Z1's?

Also, Dwayne, if you see this you can find some shots of your car on my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/minuki/

Comment

• Forgot to take pics, but I was working on my tailgate today and it's looking good. Just needs a skim of light filler to finish.

Whilst I was working on that, Pete got on with welding the sills. Turned out to be more rotten than I expected..

No biggie though, made a plate up and got it welded on.

Put some bondaprimer on it to stop it from rusting. I'll put some grey primer on that and then some black underseal type stuff. Pete says is really easy to clean, so I'll go with that.

Other side(Drivers) wasn't as bad, but still needed two patches at the front and rear. My order from BMW should be here next week. Should also be ordering tyres on Monday.

Comment

• Great work man!

Really want to see it low!!
              Bri

Respect Existence or Expect Resistance - AoF

VW <3

Comment

• Originally posted by WiiGoCrazy View Post
                Great work man!

Really want to see it low!!
                Me neither dude. I'm itching to drive it again. I can't wait.

Almost at the final stage of paint! The car is now completely rust free

Got some bits welded and sealed today

Then I went about sealing the arches

Tomorrow I will go about doing the final fills with the light filler and get the tailgate into primer. Then I'll start sanding and we should, hopefully be able to get some paint on it mid-week.

I'm so fucking excited

Comment

• love this build. my e36 ///M is going into paint next month!!! keep up the good work brother!
                  -Nathan

Comment

• Ace so far dude! Havnt ben on here other than my thread for months and months. Great progress! Will look super sleazy when its done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate_e36 View Post
                      love this build. my e36 ///M is going into paint next month!!! keep up the good work brother!
                      Originally posted by Mini 360 View Post
                      Ace so far dude! Havnt ben on here other than my thread for months and months. Great progress! Will look super sleazy when its done!
                      Thanks fellas. Appreciate it!

I'm getting ever closer to paint. Got my repairs into primer. My painter is suuper happy with my repairs, which I'm stoked about. I spent long enough on them!

Paint soon!

Comment

• Awesome build, it looks great.
                        I must say, I'm impressed with your decision to gas weld instead of mig. Great job.
                        Its a lost art, not too many people do it any more if anybody at all.

Comment

• Good choice on FK's, I'm running those on my sedan and I'm satisfied with them. I'm running 17x8 style 44s with 205/45/17 and with the perches out of the rear (max low) it tucks a little tire which is pretty much the same set up you'll be running with the style 32s, but as far as front clearance it is spot on. Probably 3mm clearance when I turn my wheels out, plus the ride is surprisingly comfortable for daily driving. Only complaint is that I took it out on the track the other day for a drift run and there was a little more body roll than I want but like I said for daily driving they're fantastic, I'd suggest going ahead and removing the rear perches, who needs em ;D

Comment

• Originally posted by sqznby View Post
                            Awesome build, it looks great.
                            I must say, I'm impressed with your decision to gas weld instead of mig. Great job.
                            Its a lost art, not too many people do it any more if anybody at all.
                            Thanks. It was my painters idea, he actually uses it quite a lot. Definitely is an art!

Originally posted by lisenbyjacob View Post
                            Good choice on FK's, I'm running those on my sedan and I'm satisfied with them. I'm running 17x8 style 44s with 205/45/17 and with the perches out of the rear (max low) it tucks a little tire which is pretty much the same set up you'll be running with the style 32s, but as far as front clearance it is spot on. Probably 3mm clearance when I turn my wheels out, plus the ride is surprisingly comfortable for daily driving. Only complaint is that I took it out on the track the other day for a drift run and there was a little more body roll than I want but like I said for daily driving they're fantastic, I'd suggest going ahead and removing the rear perches, who needs em ;D
                            Thanks a lot man, just what I want to hear

My tyres arrived at the fitters today. Got my Dad to take the wheels over and get them on.

Details - 17x8 - 205/40 17x9 - 215/40 Maxxis MA-Z1's

215/40/17

205/40/17

And today I had the fun process of sanding. Good lord. I'm never painting a car again.

Comment

• GREAT pictures of the mild stretch! gives me ideas for my ti
                              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post

Damn I love this color, I've been trying to get the paint code/ name of a color close to this for a project im working on
                                Looks like midori green but lighter?

Then again it might be midori and its just the lighting/ photo

Comment

Working...
                                X