Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just your standard boring daily driven sedan...('71 Datsun 510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just your standard boring daily driven sedan...('71 Datsun 510)

My first car was a 72 datsun 240z, then an 80 datsun 720, then a 90 rx7....and well I decided I needed more than 2 seats. When you're in the market for a fuel efficient, practical, reliable 4 door to daily and you've never owned a car younger than yourself...you end up like me....dailying a 40yo car that probably shouldnt still be running haha. sadly, this is not a big dollar build like a lot of the guys on here but it gets the job done

here's the pic from the add before I bought it

and the engine: L18 w/race cam and weber DGV, It ran okay, sounded great, but had worn rings, a blown head gasket and a rattling timing chain.

that was back in July of 2011 I believe. I've made some small changes to it since then....this is how it sits now

and just for fun some old pics of different looks (mainly just the wheels changed lol)

and next to my baby, Harold my 1972 Datsun 240z, it has a 5.7L camaro V8 in it and I've been working on getting it back on the road since I bought it December 1st, 2008 (yes I remember the exact date, it was my first car!) haven't driven it ever (it keeps getting put on the backburner due to fixing my DD's lol) but I hope to soon

anyways, I'll stop spamming yall with datsun pics now.

If anyone's interested in specs the engine is a KA24E from an 89 s13, desmogged, hotshot header, NGK plug wire. Wheels are SSR MKII 14x6.5 +19. I have 6000k HID's in my highbeams, halogens in the lows (stock were old school sealed beams), 4 racing seats...(because racecar? lol) the fronts are momo's the backs are no name brand. I'm riding on coilovers up front and lowering springs in back but both front and back needs new shocks and springs before I can go lower. I upgraded the back brakes to discs using 280zx parts (still gotta upgrade the fronts to even out the bias)

at any rate, he's not the fastest, lowest, nicest, loudest, most expensive...anything-est really....but it's been fun and I've been learning a lot. I'm hoping to take what I've learned on this build to do my Z up right. and after that, I may be picking up another truck...but itll be another datsun for sure :P
    Last edited by FiveSeventyZee; 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM.

Not bad bro....I really like it!
    '94 Nissan Altima GXE
    '00 Ford Mustang GT | Domestic-Bunny

I make music and gaming videos in Cali. @ktfright

youtube.com/ktfright | ktf.bandpage.com

Comment

thanks man, here are some new pics since I last posted here. still needs moar lower

rockin a vintage license plate frame from San Diego Datsun, the first datsun dealership to hit US shores...payed too much for it, but now I can hold onto it forever!

Comment

Cool car.

Comment

cant decide if I think it looks better with or without the strut tower bar. I really don't think it did anything for handling so its really just a matter of looks...and I keep going back and forth

Comment

nice 510 mate!!
            "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
            Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
            Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
            Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
            Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

Love the Rat-ness. Moar Low!
              Never Lift

Comment

Haha I know right? lose 2 inches and it'd be a million times better looking. first I'm getting a new intake to clear the hood (you can see the hood's been propped up since the swap) then I can look into lowering. The front's already on coilovers I'm just not a fan of rake, I like my car level so I'm waiting till I lower the back to start messing with the front. but the front I'll most likely just lower and roll the fenders a bit, should be good. the back should clear without too much roll since 510's have some gnarly neg camber when you lower them...
                Last edited by FiveSeventyZee; 03-29-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Lookin good man, The ratsun look is killing it!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                  Originally posted by nickskater09
                  I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

I love this. The KA looks at home in there. Great work.
                    Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.
                    Check out my Bowling Pin Shift Knobs!
                    My Mighty Max build
                    My Honda turd build

Comment

Thanks guys, here's a couple more pics I took tonight

Comment

took these on 5/10. the little white specs are dust on my cameras sensor. just fyi so no one thinks they're crazy/the only one seeing them.

Comment

Sweet, man. I love 510s! Lower it and it will be perfect. And PLEASE keep the mk2s on there. I love them.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Thanks man. The MK II's aren't going anywhere don't worry. I want to go lower but I also kinda need to sell the car (moving on, need something better for winters/also tryna focus on my Z car) so idk how much time/money I really want to keep putting into the 510

Comment

here I lowered it :P lol (yes its shoop'd)

Comment

Working...
                              X