Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fishbowl from Byron Bay (180sx)

Hey all,
    My name's Bradley and I am the proud owner of a silver 96' 180sx. I acquired her completely stock and after approximately 6 months I can happily say she's been molested (a bit).
    This is how she looked after we met;

And how I looked;

Having grown sick of her soft ride, I decided to give her some oomph. Powered By Maxx competition coilovers soon arrived in the mail. Unpacking them was like a kid on christmas day. And oooh they looked sexy!

Then she was looking all sexy, and bounced better than ever. Here was the final product. (could be lower but I'm a little bitch and didn't want to belly slide a virgin)

Then I took her to my friends house..

And realised that she needed some new shoes and to get rid of the abnormal ass lights.. realising I was so broke, I settled for the better ass. cough*oem lights*cough

Around about this time I decided to move out of home and camp in the ol' fishbowl till i could find myself a house to live in about 800kms (5-600? miles) north.. to byron bay.
    Here's a not so fascinating shot, but I like it when she's wet..

Not much happened for a while, I found myself a place to stay. Slowly settled into byron living, got loose, surfed and worked alot. In this time she got a little dirty in the dirt..

And stood around looking plain old sexy;

On one of my drunken walks where I sometimes look at classifieds I stumbled upon some new shoes for my lady. Gobsmacked at how cheap they where, I pounced and drove 3 hours north to Brisbane to grab them. Being as lazy as I am, they lived in my room for about a week before I decided to try and put them on.
    When I did conjure the effort to actually put them on, I test fit the back left rim only to find that the rear guards needed a minor roll AND I couldn't use the stock lug nuts
    I hopped on trusty ebay and ordered myself some lug nuts...
    The lug nuts arrived
    I proceeded to fit the front rims;

But when it came to the rears and rolling the guards.. I was a little...

But after a few youtube videos and the help of a hammer and rachet spanner...

And this is how she looked with her shoes.. ohhhh so sexy!

I would have taken decent photos, but she's still pretty damn dirty still. So when I get time to bathe her I'll take some sneaky snaps.

Future plans..mmmm
    Moar low, widened rims, and moar powerrrr!
    but after i make some cash money first

Keep posted ya'll
    yeeeeeeew!

♥♥
    Last edited by Brad.; 11-23-2012, 06:16 AM.
    SlipperyDinosaur - http://slipperydinosaur.tumblr.com/

Looks good, glad you're enjoying my bay.

Lower the front more now.

Comment

Nice S13. I agree you have to lower the front.

The Land Cruiser beside your car is looking good too! Im sad we dont have those models in North America

Comment

Always loved the look of those PBM coils, how do they ride?

Comment

love this thing, not something you see everyday
          Great neck

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
            Looks good, glad you're enjoying my bay.

Lower the front more now.
            The bay is whats up, however the general populous dislike imported and/or modified cars..
            Lows when I get my hands on a socket set (when i get moneyss )

Originally posted by M.Sam View Post
            Nice S13. I agree you have to lower the front.

The Land Cruiser beside your car is looking good too! Im sad we dont have those models in North America
            Gee thanks! Lows will happen soon enough..
            The Cruiser is awesome, it's my mates and is a fully decked out camper and it is

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
            Always loved the look of those PBM coils, how do they ride?
            On our roads, which are quite average to say the least.
            On a really bad stretch, you may as well have bars welded to your strut towers.
            Smooth road feels like a cloud and makes me grin ear to ear.

Originally posted by itsjustkevin View Post
            love this thing, not something you see everyday
            I've seen many excellent examples of Kouki 240's. Not too sure how many there are around though. See how mine looks after it see's the track!

Eitherway, I just got a job and start tomorrow. Yayy cash money!

Comment

yeah, i think so, The Land Cruiser beside your car is looking good too! Im sad we dont have those models in North America

Comment

Lovely car, love the wheels as well. The whole package just looks great together.

Comment

Originally posted by rosskings View Post
                  yeah, i think so, The Land Cruiser beside your car is looking good too! Im sad we dont have those models in North America
                  They're a pretty solid car, great camper!

Originally posted by willis View Post
                  Lovely car, love the wheels as well. The whole package just looks great together.
                  Cheers, I've been following your chariots build since the first post, and am only wishing i had that sort of input into mine. Hopefully I'll get there someday.
                  yeew!

Comment

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Alrighty..
                      Yesterday I decided I was being wayy too lazy in my new place of residence..
                      Not having work till Saturday beckoned the question, what the hell am I going to do for the next few days. The surf forecast looked pretty hopeless, so I decided to make the 10 hour drive to my parents house back in Sydney.
                      Along the way home, it rained quite heavily making the frequent truck stops and U-turn bays quite a bit of fun . (Sadly no photos).

Finally having access to my tools, I woke up with the intent of dropping the front end by an inch, and giving the car a service.

Annoyingly enough my hydraulic jack is gay and I have to use random planks of wood to get it underneath the car.

I popped the tyres off with my magical hands;

Having only scraped some cash together for oil and replacement filters I am once again deemed broke. Realising this; my fucked my tie rod ends where merely taken photos of and poked it a few times. They didn't magically repair themselves

Detached the knuckle and wound that shit down..

Bolted it back up, put on the rims and realised i could of lowered it more.
                      Being way too lazy to redo it, I proceeded with the oil and oil filter change. Its not that interesting so only merited 1 photo..

Then I changed the fuel filter.. which may I add was fuarked. I had to cut the line and go back to the parts store to grab another one, got petrol everywhere la la la. No photos, I was way too annoyed.

Then I took some photos of the dirty thing..

Tomorrow shal involve Wire brushing the underbody, sanding the guards that cracked when i rolled them and painting them, Changing the gearbox oil and a few other little things that can remain a secret for now.
                      Till then!
                      yeeew!
                      Last edited by Brad.; 11-28-2012, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post

I like this cat. I like you too..

Comment

Working...
                        X