mk2, round 2. my 91 jetta gl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk2, round 2. my 91 jetta gl.

so last year, i needed a car to use in the winter while my benzes went away. i picked up a mk2 8v gti with a ton of goodies, grey recaros, gti red stripe interior, small amounts of rust...then i blew the head gasket on it. i didnt know what i had at the time and i sold the entire car for less than what i could have parted it out for. oh well, someone picked up a pretty nice car for $500 :P
    pics of said gti:

and pics of my benzes:

anyways, this year i was looking for a mk3 to roll around in during the winter, when my i found a mk2 jetta on craigslist. said there was no rust, and i was very skeptical of this. the guy wanted $1100 for it, and when i went to check it out, it turned out to be one of my friends. didnt even know he had this car. jewed him down to $800.

it didnt have a carpet in it, was missing some body pieces and had an extremely janky exhaust. BUT what it did have, or what i should say it lacked, was rust.

i was extremely happy about this lol.
    the head liner in the car was absolutely disgusting, and i really love plaid/flannel no matter how lame and stupid everyone says it is (just like they did with my old mk2 lol) so i did this:

i also used some of that vinyl spray paint and did all the tan plastics and sun visors in black. no pics of that, but they turned out very nice. would recomend the stuff to anyone.

with my buddy joels mk3
    last night, my friend natasha gave me a carpet from a jetta coupe, and even though every bit of research told me it would never work, i went for it anyways.

east coasters, you jealous of my floor yet?

and guess what? the coupe carpet fit just fine, even in the rear.

audi a3 rear floor mats lol, had em laying around so i threw them in.

well thats it so far. im keeping this relatively budget (never turns out that way haha) so my mod list is pretty simple:
    coils eventually
    i have an aba from my buddy joels mk3 (he vr swapped it) ready to go in
    15x6.5 15x7.5 epsilons from joels car when his rs's are finished
    hood bra to cover the dent on the hood (in the mail)
    new aero grill soon
    mk3 sports seats unless i can find a set of grey recaros for cheap.
    and thats about it. should be fun!

i've been looking into a wheel i dont think i have ever seen run on a mk2, or any dub for that matter

chrystler concorde wheels haha. unfortunately, they are 16's which are imo too large for an mk2. i dont think they were made in a 15" so my search will continue. what will most likely happen is ill just keep it on the flakes until my friend is done with his rs's so i can run these wheels:

15x6.5 15x7.5 epsilon southernways (i think) unknown offsets, but they are pretty low, i think in the et15 range. all this is irrelevant until my suspension is sorted of course. which may be a while considering im about to be dropping lots of money on new suspension for the black benz, as well as the manual swap im starting on it.
    i am however, picking up my missing trim pieces (flare, side skirts and a new grill) for the jetta tomorrow. i am excite!
    Balls Deep Squad.

Jelly of the non rustiness
    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Pretty cool car. In for updates

IG: Nick475

Comment

looks like a good start im excited to see where this goes.
        E30 Buildthread
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34177
        IG: Logyt

e28 sig by logyt, on Flickr

Comment

not much to update but i did get a lot of parts today:
          Picked up new seats today

Gti sports seats, picked em up for $100. need a little cleaning but in good condition. Bolsters are solid.
          Also picked up a couple grills, a nearly new badgeless, and a stock aero. Both for $20.

And the find of the day was this:

Kyb struts, eibach springs, brand new strut mounts...all with under 1000 miles on them.
          All for $5!
          Yerp, five doll hairs.
          Installing them next weekend, prolly wont have too great of a drop, but for the price, i couldnt pass em up!
          also, wheni got home ifound my hood bra finally came in. will be installing that tomorrow to cover the awful dent on the hood.
          Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Working...
          X