Massive E28 - redefining a slow build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive E28 - redefining a slow build

I've been watching build threads here for a while, but never made one, as I was hoping to make more progress first. That isn't really happening so I figured I bring everyone up to date anyways. progress = more low, btw

About 2 years ago I bought an e28 from a tall, skinny kid named steeze. He pulled if from a field where it sat for 8 years. He brought it back from the dead, put drop coils on, and got it painted.

He delivered it from me with fresh paint, rockin the bumper-less look

I put the rear bumper back on tucked, without trim

bought some roadstars, all rears – fit perfect (painted the bumper matte black, at some point) Rolled the fenders and doesn’t rub with 205 40s

Got a roof rack, and a decent photo taken

Blacked the chrome trim on the lights, eventually the front and rear window trim also went black

Pulled some OEM Recaros out of a late 90’s lumina, made some brackets and am rockin them blue until I can afford reupholstering

Decided to make the front bumper work like the rear. Had to hack it up and bend it to work, but I like the result

Bought a house with a garage so hopefully my build with progress a little faster now. Got center caps (finally), deleted AC and other boring crap. Here’s how she sits today
    Last edited by massiveal; 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: bigger photos

It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Well now I feel like a dick... hahaha.

Looks nice.
      It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Jealous of the fresh paint!

Comment

^ What he said. Nice score on the recaro's

Comment

wanted roadstars for a while. good to know they look good on a black one lol love it so far

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Bumpers look rad, reminds me of the US spec e10 ones. Get rid of the wheel gap and you're looking fine, wide ass OEM wheels are sweet.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
              my tumblr.
              What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

Working...
              X