No announcement yet.

Turning stupid into fun - W123 300D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing is a lot sicker than i was expecting! haha i saw the first page and had low expectations but its gorgeous! i really love the way its sitting right now man thats awesome what you have done. Can't really think of any part of it I don't care for.
    Stay wide my friends. @samthedandy

Comment

Originally posted by Raarasutra View Post

firstly nice merc!
      secondly, AWESOMME SCIROCCO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alexmarkclark View Post
        firstly nice merc!
        THis!

Me lime

Any updates?
        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Originally posted by DaguerrotypeI View Post
          This thing is a lot sicker than i was expecting! haha i saw the first page and had low expectations but its gorgeous! i really love the way its sitting right now man thats awesome what you have done. Can't really think of any part of it I don't care for.
          Hahahaha quite a few people told me I was crazy, but here I am getting thumbs up many times a day, people asking questions at red lights, panties exploding and people of all ages look at it. Okay, so I wish the part about panties was true

But thanks, it always warms the heart that people other than myself enjoy this thing

Originally posted by alexmarkclark View Post
          firstly nice merc!
          Thanks! Unfortunately, my buddy sold the rocco. He can't seem to keep a car more than a year

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          THis!

Me lime

Any updates?
          I've done a few little things, but won't be updating until spring is in full swing. There are still mountains of snow here and it sucks big black donkey balls.

I will, however, leave you with this :

Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Love it. I have such a soft spot for the W123's.

Comment

So... Long time no update! I haven't done anything major, just some basic tinkering.

Fabricated myself a manual boost controller that I spliced into the existing air line between the turbo and wastegate actuator. I was pretty conservative with that, only cranked it up 2lbs to an amazing total of 10lbs at max boost

Having turned up the boost, I backed out the Alda completely, which gave me a bit more fuel to burn. Not much of a difference in power tbh, but whatever.

I cut out the resonator and muffler for that straight piped 5 cylinder turbo diesel sound. I have a video of that somewhere, but I can't find my camera... I'll post that shit when I find it.

Cleaned the shit out of the engine bay! I took 4 hours and scrubbed the shit out of everything with a scotchbrite and a mix of CLR/Spray Nine. Then I painted a few rusty parts with some bed armor for some added badassery

And since everyone loves pictures, here are a few I found on the internets :

Last summer, someone snapped this as I was rolling into the parking lot for a ride

Then this spring at my first meet of the season at the Orange Julep

And this one as I was rolling into the Nations Gone Wild meet, which was a blast

I have been lazy as fuck so far this summer, with school in full swing and all that, but I'll be sure to snap some pics soon! Although I'll have to make it quick, because I put the Benz up for sale

I have the opportunity to get a car that I really want, and being broke as fuck I can't afford to keep the Benz as well. We'll see where this goes, but it isn't sold yet...
              Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Updates from 2015?

Comment

SO great! Love your car man.

Renato
                  Team TWM Performance
                  TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                  sigpic

Comment

So u went that low on just cut springs?

Comment

• I have an 83 300d and I wanna cut my coils. I was wondering how bad it was for speed bumps?
                      1988 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      -Full IPD suspension
                      -IPD VX Street Cam
                      1983 Mercedes 300D
                      -Bone Stock
                      -Tweaked turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
                        SO great! Love your car man.

Renato
                        Team TWM Performance
                        Merci beaucoup!

Originally posted by fcsantiel View Post
                        So u went that low on just cut springs?
                        Yeah I did, and it handled like a dream, even when driven hard into the corners

Originally posted by Low_N_Slow View Post
                        I have an 83 300d and I wanna cut my coils. I was wondering how bad it was for speed bumps?
                        That depends... The ones I went over scraped the exhaust, but I could avoid most and those were fine

---------------------------------------

Sorry about the lack of updates, but unfortunately this will be the last one...

The car was sold at the end of last summer, and yeah I've been regretting it ever since, which is why I haven't been keeping track of anything Benz-related... Been too broke to afford anything else worth mention, my daily is now a B5 Passat wagon in the 1.8T FWD flavor, so nothing very entertaining. Hopefully I will get back into something cool soon, but until then... Thanks for all the kind words and inspiration, I will make another build thread when the time comes, hopefully for another Merc
                        Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

• so with the 8x16 et20 did you end up having to use spacers?

Comment

• Yes! That W123 deserves the love, that interior is mint! Can't wait to see what you do with this and I'm gla you're sorting that rust out now. I love low w123's and if you can get it really low with some good rubber it will look so good. Imo the w123 looks best with an old american style chin spoiler. Good luck!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Working...
                            X