Wider than it is Long: A build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PachezZ View Post
    Does the vinyl/headlight cover color combination mean something?

I'm asking because of this photo from sema https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...232c5d9a0245d6
    Originally posted by GroceryGetter67 View Post
    I saw that too this morning and instantly thought of his Subie, I figured it had some kind of meaning I wasn't cool enough to know about haha
    Lol someone showed me that the other day! Nothing but color coordination! I just did it because I thought it would look cool!
    Originally posted by electricalbox
    12 inches of goodness!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
      Lol someone showed me that the other day! Nothing but color coordination! I just did it because I thought it would look cool!
      Holy mother of bump, but we do that on exclusively-track cars some times. I think the NSX he posted has it to give it the "race car" feel. You have it to give it that "coolest fucking car on the planet" feel.
      @e46austin

Comment

• DONT FINISH the otherside!!! Looks dope like that... Maybe pepper a few on the rear 1/4 panel, but the offset of vinyl is dope

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Yo dudes!
          Time for a little update again.
          This is Stanceworks and my newest setup might not quite fit the namesake of the site, but I wanted to share my newest direction with all you guys!

First let me give you a little bit on my thought process:
          At the start of this build, I was obsessed with VIP cars and wanted something wild, aggressive, and different. While those factors haven't changed, the places I draw my inspiration from have. I became enthralled with street style cars, your old, "golden era" japanese cars like 240's, Chasers, etc. Cool cars that looked good low, and drove hard, and just exuded style. I've tried to make a lot of styling cues to make my own car look more like a street car. And I realized that those cars and that style became so iconic because they were beautiful, and driven at the same time. And because of that I began to realize that's what I wanted, and I started trying to find iconic, cool Subarus (of which there are few) and for the first time since I've owned my car, I wanted my Subaru to actually look like a Subaru, so that is the direction I have started to move toward.

TLDR; Guy has a change of heart and wants a normal car

So with that in mind, I had the inspiration to change the direction of the car. Even though it was a widebodied, radiused, low kit having car, I am a FIRM believer in that you can make your car, your canvas, whatever you want to make it.

So I did the unspeakable evil, I raised my car up. hahaha

iCar dead end 6 by richeyryan, on Flickr

I got rid of the air ride, which I LOVED and have had on the car since 2011, one of the first few Subarus with air ride in the US,.

I also sold the Meisters, another beloved piece of my car, and managed to find some gorgeous 18x10.5 +22 TE37's.
          I bought them second hand and they came with 275/35 Direzza's which saved me an ass ton of money, as I wanted one piece and a good quality tire.

Finally, I have gotten my hands on the elusive and rare Chargespeed roof vane. It is arguably my favorite piece on the car, even more than my mirrors. I am so excited to have it. I also think it matches perfectly with the 326 Wing.

Anyway, if you read all that- you rule for making it through, here are the rest of the pictures I snapped today, I'm sorry the car is so filthy!!

Also, don't ask about the headlight, working on it.

iCar dead end 5 by richeyryan, on Flickr

iCar dead end 4 by richeyryan, on Flickr

iCar dead end 3 by richeyryan, on Flickr

iCar dead end 2 by richeyryan, on Flickr

iCar dead end 1 by richeyryan, on Flickr
          Originally posted by electricalbox
          12 inches of goodness!

Comment

• Love the car regardless of the route you go, it looks great this way.
            Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
            check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
              Love the car regardless of the route you go, it looks great this way.
              +1. Car looks great on the Volks.
              Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• A properly unique build! Great too see people doing what they like! Looks great buddy
                Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

• Still very unique regardless of the direction you go. Also agree, the Volks look great on the car.

Comment

• Love it even more... like that was possible. I love that you're going this route with the car now. I feel like this style is starting to catch back on in the US again and I love seeing the cars that it's bringing to light. I have to say this though... It's going to be hard for any of them to beat yours in my eyes with all the bolt on wide bodies and BCL wings... It's incredibly refreshing to see a car being built to thrash but still look incredibly well put together and stylish knowing the owner spent god knows how long building a metal wide body rather than just dropping 3k on a bolt on kit. Props to you man. This has been one of my favorite cars from the start and you never fail to disappoint.
                    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• It's your car, it's your canvas! I like the new route!
                      Old project: Suzuki Swift mk1 GTi carbs '86
                      New Project: Porsche 944 S '87
                      Follow me: Whiteknuckleride
                      My band on Spotify: Edison Road

Comment

• I luv seeing a car that looks good and can actually move!

Comment

• loved it before, but think I love it more now.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• This is... just damn. I've followed from the beginning and I'm still speechless.

Comment

• If your car is a canvas, then you, sir, are an artist. It still looks bad ass. The meaty fitment looks great!

Whats next? More power? More suspension bits?

Comment

• Those TE37's look right at home. With your wheel choices it's like you're going through my list of favorite wheels and are checking them off one set at a time.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Working...
                                X