Wider than it is Long: A build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahah it's all good ya'll!
    I'm doing 04/05 tails, and I think I'm gonna tint the one little clear part of them.
    I'm also gonna tint my headlights.
    Normally I think that is THE tackiest shit ever, but dudes in Japan pull it off, and I'm trying to be nutswinger here.

Mildly tinted headlights aren't that bad.

OH, and I cut my fenders edges to get rid of that thing where they're curving back inward!
    Idk if it'll totally fix it, but it'll make it look a lot better.
    Car goes to the shop hopefully tomorrow to have my good buddy weld a bunch of stuff up for me that I cut.
    Originally posted by electricalbox
    12 inches of goodness!

Comment

• im lookin forward to this tint, dont go too dark, my tails are too dark for me, and sadly i cant remove it

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Yeah 04/05 tails are a good choice too with the tint.

And I would tint the head light but mask off the low beam design. So you can at least drive at night. Then do a bixenon retrofit.

Also what mirrors are you gonna run? I think ganadors would fit the bill.

Comment

• So much respect for this build, definitely can't wait to see it finished man.

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

• ^Thanks man, I appreciate that alot!

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
            im lookin forward to this tint, dont go too dark, my tails are too dark for me, and sadly i cant remove it
            Yeah, I'm doing vinyl over them, so it'll be easy to remove if I don't like it.
            It won't be too dark, and it'll have that slighty brownish tint that I think looks good.

Originally posted by 05subysti View Post
            Yeah 04/05 tails are a good choice too with the tint.

And I would tint the head light but mask off the low beam design. So you can at least drive at night. Then do a bixenon retrofit.

Also what mirrors are you gonna run? I think ganadors would fit the bill.
            I have JDM headlight for my bugeye, which are projectors. I wanted to do a retrofit on my stocks, but I heard from lots of people that shit was crazy hard! lol

And ganadors would be fucking BAD ASS! I saw a set today and I want them so bad, but damn they're pricey!
            12 inches of goodness!

Comment

• I wouldn't tint the headlights. You know how the cops are around here. Plus it's going to be a bitch to see at night, why not pull them apart and paint them? If you need help with that, I can help you

Comment

• This thread is too good! I want to see it finished so bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05subysti View Post
                  I was implying that 06 tail lights would look good on Ryan's car.

Nice e30 btw. Not the kind to tell someone their things are disgusting.

=
                  Appreciate it

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I have an opinion and that is that they are disgusting

Sorry to thread jack OP! Waiting in anticipation to see this finished Body work of this caliper always amazes me, I can't even lay/ sand Bondo flat, let alone do fenders and the like...

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• That is awesome. Where are the updates? We need to see more! You have a lot of skill on the bodywork, wish I had your skill! My Golf is begging to get wide arches haha... Your Impreza is cool, like a road legal Cusco Impreza GT!

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                      Appreciate it

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I have an opinion and that is that they are disgusting
                      Sorry to thread jack OP! Waiting in anticipation to see this finished Body work of this caliper always amazes me, I can't even lay/ sand Bondo flat, let alone do fenders and the like...
                      It's all good man! I know the ones he posted aren't covered yet. They come clear, but he painted the bottoms black. Will look good when done.
                      Bondo is...a pain in the ass. The trick is to never go back over what you just did, which I have a realy problem not doing.
                      I've gotten immensely better at that and fiberglass since I started, but my Dad has gotten pretty good too, and taught me a lot.

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                      I wouldn't tint the headlights. You know how the cops are around here. Plus it's going to be a bitch to see at night, why not pull them apart and paint them? If you need help with that, I can help you
                      I've never *knock on wood* had problems with cops around here. My cars loud, low, and no one gives a damn. It's like all the trucks that are straight piped. Thank God for no emmisions! haha

Originally posted by Chris_McCartney View Post
                      That is awesome. Where are the updates? We need to see more! You have a lot of skill on the bodywork, wish I had your skill! My Golf is begging to get wide arches haha... Your Impreza is cool, like a road legal Cusco Impreza GT!
                      I would give a left nut for a JGTC Impreza.
                      You're only cool if your fenders extend above your hood.

Hardest shit ever.
                      12 inches of goodness!

Comment

• Just fucking EPIC

Click for the Phokus Build Thread

Comment

• sooo sick.
                          doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

• Nice! So you're gonna have like a JGTC VIP WRX lol. Cool. Keep up the good work mate!

Comment

• It looks sick but are you planing to change colour or repainting it white

Comment

• True true. Well man go for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X