No announcement yet.

s13 & sc300 slow build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a couple of tps's from the picknpull, they didnt fix the problem, went back and got a maf, and it did it. now the lexus runs smooth and pulls very well for being old and having about 190k. lowered it too, pics will come soon. also got the tire stash up for break, will be drifting lots

[IMG]
    IMG_4684 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
    my project at the moment:
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37175

Comment

i went with a friend and got some tires today, will get more tomorrow, ill take a picture of them once they are all together (should have 60 or so).

Comment

havent posted in a while, I sold the l28, because I realized that it wasnt a good idea for me personally. it would have meant lots of work for poor suspension geometry and I probably wounldnt have been able to drift it, which was a priority

as for the lexus,
        I just bought 4 new wheels and I didnt realize until I got them (in the mail) they they were painted and not polished. a bit disappointing, yes, but I think it will just mean more work to get them to where I want the to be

I already have two, so now I have 6, and I will be combining them to get the sizing that I want.

I have a couple of technical wheel questions. If I want to strip the paint off of the lips, can I use something like jasco and strip them and then polish them normally from there?

[IMG]
        $T2eC16RHJI!E9qSO8nJcBQvBQJ(MNg~~60_57 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
        $(KGrHqVHJCMFCgIDnLF0BQvBQ!3OlQ~~60_57 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
        $(KGrHqNHJF!FCR7SuFdhBQvBQW)Grg~~60_57 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

they are both 16x8 each with a different offset, I will be mixing and matching the 6 wheels, the barrel of the +40 with the barrel of the low offset and the other barrel of the +40 with the lip of the low offset. should make for good sizing all around. I will have to decide wether or no I want to run all of the barrels facing out to get a square sizing look, but I dont know if I can fit that under the front fenders
        Last edited by scott.k; 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

merry xmas to all

one more thing that came up when I was disassembling my new painted wheels is that one wheel had longer bolts = more paint on threads = hard to unbolt which means im going to have to paint remove those threads before I disassemble those wheels.

im very happy with the buy though. I will be running the four barrels from the 16x8 +40 wheels as lips, and I will split the two lower offset wheels, the barrels will be used as barrels in the back and the lips will be used as barrels in the front. so it will be a square look in terms of the lips will be the same all around but the inner barrels will be different, consequently making it a staggered with setup. If I am correct, it will be 12j in the rear and 9j in the front, which I am pretty happy with.

I also am going to buy 4 center caps and therefore I will most likely strip the faces and the caps so I can get them powder coated the same color all around. I think maybe the original classic gold color would be cool, or white or something, I really like classic original look on the old wheels.

-scott

added: i also remembered that right now the bbs's BARELY clear the front brake, in fact I almost though they were rubbing at first. so im not sure if bigbrake swap would be realistic, maybe with slip on spacers? but the new brake would probably be too big diameter wise for the wheels as well
          oh well, ill just use nice rotors and pads to get decent braking

new stuff
          so now i have the option of flaring/ widebody the lexus and going with the negative offset option of the wheels or running stock body and rolled fenders and running the positive 12j in the back and the very positive 9j in the front (maybe with a bit of spacers)

heres what the 12j with negative offset looked like. to give you an idea, with the stock rear fenders, there was more than 5" from the outside of the fenders to the end of the wheel lip. with about -1 or 2 degrees negative camber

[IMG]
          IMG_4728 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
          Last edited by scott.k; 12-26-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

ive tried this but Ive had no luck with the lips as they wont budge. funny thing is, one barrel popped off when I was hammering away at the lip

some lugnuts like these should be good, I think they will be short enough to fit under center caps. Im not sure how much space i will have for lug nuts under centercaps, but I would like locking nuts, not sure if they will fit though

Specifications: 12x1.5, 12x1.5mm, 12mmx1.5, M12x1.5 - Open end bulge acorn style lug nut - 60 degree cone seat - 3/4", 19mm. Fits: Most vehicles with 12x1.5, 12x1.5mm, 12mmx1.5, M12x1.5 wheel studs and wheels that utilize a standard size 60 degree conical seat lug nut.

I want to run at least one set of locking lug nuts, hopefully 2 different ones for protection because I wont want my wheels to be taken after i finish them

Im dumb, and was using too long of a piece of wood that was absorbing too much of the force. anyways, Im getting them now. hopefully i should have the 4 wheels that are off my car separated by the end of tomorrow and the other ones ill do at the end because I depend on them to drive
            Last edited by scott.k; 12-25-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

sold the s13 a while back, tore down the sc for full build. first stuff im doing is in the engine bay. creating lots of space for front wheels. cut out tubs, pinch weld on frame rail, cut out strut tower, top frame rail, tons of stuff

making of the tubs. and thats where i am, at school now, should get some work done over break

will post up pics, just lazy

Comment

deewwwd you never said you had a build on here, post up some friction pictures you've made hella progress
                '82 Volvo 242 build
                '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Originally posted by aprophet13 View Post
                  deewwwd you never said you had a build on here, post up some friction pictures you've made hella progress
                  here ya go:

havent posted in a while, heres whats been going on (all copied from my other thread so if theres some wierd quote responses and stuff, thats why)

so heres what ive been doing. Im weeding out all the wires i dont need/want. i think i changed my mind on motor setup so you will see what my new plan is going to be soon. for now im stripping everything out of the engine bay to do some repairs, paint, rad supports, etc.

also disassembling my front suspension/xmember/rack to clean. not going well to be honest. More frozen lca bolts (just like my rear end). and 1 swap bar mount bolt broke in the lca, so even if i cut out the frozen bolts i might need 1 new lca. not sure yet.

also started on my steering column swap. s13 one is going in. i will be making ned mounts so that they line up. I like this one because it is al manual. either that or im going to get an is300 one

[IMG]
                  IMG_4964 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
                  IMG_4962 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
                  IMG_4961 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_4960 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

[IMG]
                  IMG_4959 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]
                  IMG_4958 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]
                  IMG_4957 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_4956 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr
                  [IMG]
                  IMG_4955 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

** couple of tech questions
                  1) does an is300 rack have the same for mounting bolt hole locations as the sc300 rack? in other words, does it bolt right in?
                  2) does a 1992 dash (the one without the airbag) swap right over into a 1993?

or so, does anyone want to trade a black 92 dash for my black 93(comes with airbag)

havent posted in a bit. been working a lot, even today. got a couple of welders, a new 170 amp mig and an old miller tig/stick that i have yet to get wired in and set up. anyways i pulled the power cord out of the tig and used it as an extension cord for the mig. got the mig all set up and started using it tonight.

backtack a bit. i cut out my tubs, and yesterday i cut my shock towers up extra high for more clearance and in preparation for tubs. also cut out the pinch weld the runs along the top outside corner of the frame rail on either side for clearence and rewelded them

tubs should be in tomorrow. but i need to still looking for a dimple die set on cl to make a bunch of bracing for my engine bay and tubs.

[IMG]
                  securedownload-6 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
                  securedownload-5 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
                  securedownload-4 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
                  securedownload-3 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
                  securedownload by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]

tubbed the front and back of the towers, still need to add some metal to upper frame rails and then make my rad supports. almost done with front end

also cut out those frozen lca bolts. bushings were totally apart, they came right out

[IMG]

Originally posted by 1JZPWRD
                  I see you finally got those pain in the rump bushings out. If you only knew how I got mine out. I did all of mine. What a pain!!!
                  ya, I cut ~75% of the way through the bolts and then twisted them with a breaker bar and snapped them. Lucky for me I did all this out of the car (the front that is). I did one side of the rear in the car, got frustrated, pulled the subframe and did the other side out of the car (this was months back).

some more pictures for the engine bay. finished most all the metal work/tubbing
                  [IMG]
                  [IMG]
                  securedownload-1 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]
                  securedownload-2 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]

I also started working on mounts for the s13 column. These are two pieces that I will weld into the dash bar to bolt into the column upper mounts, and then I will make a custom lower mount on the s13 column for the other 2 bolts (4 total).
                  [IMG]
                  securedownload-4 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]

other thoughts:
                  I will be using adjustable tie rod ends and modified knuckles.
                  im contemplating running an ls400 rack, it seems like they get more angle than the oem unit, but im not sure wether or not it will be worth it with modified knuckles and tie rod ends anyways. I would like to get lots of angle, comparable to the s13 big angle setups

Ive been home for a week and Ive been working on the car
                  got the 1jz delivered

[IMG]
                  securedownload-10 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]

bottom end is for sale

[IMG]

got a is300 vvti 2jz

[IMG]

took the head off, which is for sale

[IMG]
                  [IMG]

disassembled and cleaned the 1jz head
                  [IMG]
                  [IMG]

(I should have taken before pictures, it was pretty bad)

and there it is, the 1.5j, ready for turbo and other accessories (need to get on that)

[IMG]
                  [IMG]
                  [IMG]

then I cleaned and welded in my tow hooks (going to weld a bar between them for lower rad support and for chassis support)

[IMG]
                  securedownload-8 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]

after that bar, only thing I have left on the front is a little more sanding, then the engine bay is ready for paint

also not pictured is i made some mounts that I welded into the upper frame rails for hood pins. not going to be running an upper rad support, Just a lower one

sucks that the steel place down the road isnt open over the weekend so Im going to have to wait a while before I get my tube for the lower support
                  Last edited by scott.k; 03-28-2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

as it sits now (when I left it at the end of break)
                    [IMG]
                    image-5 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr[/IMG]
                    going to throw some stronger rods in the motor (either oem sc 2j or some h beams), then ill be able to throw some serious boost at the thing.

Comment

prepped, plugged firewall and painted the front end the lightest blue on saturday. should have gotten studying done but shit, no chances that was going to happen

so heres where it sits currently (till summer when i get back). this was my first experience bonding/shaving (some parts) of en engine bay. came out alright, im pretty happy. my gun was a bit jacked up while spraying so it didnt go on as smooth as possible and i have a couple runs, so im going to shoot it with another coat when i get back. plus more paint looks smoother.

also both my jacks shit themselves same day within the same hour. what are the odds

got some ideas for modyfing my front subframe a bit. need to do that front knuckles and upper arms as well
                      [IMG]

[IMG]
                      Last edited by scott.k; 05-28-2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Wow that was a bunch more progress than I would have thought lol subbed for a exciting drift build

Comment

Great work so far keep it up!
                          Mx73 Cressida Build check it out!
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59875

Ig: Japetto516

Comment

thanks!
                            should be able to get a bunch of work done starting next week (back form school)
                            ... stay tuned

Comment

not much but i did my knuckles too an started to rewire my chassis harness.
                              maxed out the camber in front and realized it wasnt enought at all so I am going the extended lca + wheel spacers + wide fenders deal.

started to widen my front pass fender and mostly fucked it up so I will have to redo that. going to do it with roundbar and small pieces of sheetmetal going from original fender to roundbar. open to suggestions though

photo 1 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

photo 2 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

photo 5 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

photo 3 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

photo 4 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

securedownload-4 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

securedownload-4 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

image-9 by itsrainingrightnow, on Flickr

Comment

so fed up with this pos.

just extended the lcas and the wheels wont turn all the way in the tubs (hit the back wheel tubs)! so now I have to cut out and rebuild the back wheel tubs so they fit the wheels. what a pain in the ass

Comment

Working...
                                X