X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^would like to know also
    -Jorge-

Comment

Anyone had any good luck with certain products removing paint from any mesh style wheel's faces? I'm trying to use steel wool on these but it's a major PITA.

Comment

Woohoooo

Comment

Ballin'.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
          ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

Faces and centers got dropped off today, going with a semi-metallic cream. The yellow hue in it is pretty noticeable but I think it will compliment the dark tones of UG pretty well. They'll be back by next Wednesday

Also found out that my fenders are irreparable, but the guy doing my wheels is hooking me up. Two new fenders rolled and painted for under 500 bones.

Comment

Nice, can't wait to see them done. Refinishing my multi-peice wheels was fun.

-Dan

Comment

I'm taking notes on this thread since i am about to begin my RS rebuild.

Keep us all posted!

-jonathan

Comment

Trying to polish my lips but it's not going so well so far. I was trying to avoid using aircraft stripper as I think I am already past the clear, but it's still not looking so hot. I posted this is in the polishing DIY thread, but when sanding for polishing do all of my motions need to be in the same direction? It seemed like I was getting some major imperfections where my hand was changing directions when using 320 grit.

Comment

Originally posted by cardoza View Post
                    Trying to polish my lips but it's not going so well so far. I was trying to avoid using aircraft stripper as I think I am already past the clear, but it's still not looking so hot. I posted this is in the polishing DIY thread, but when sanding for polishing do all of my motions need to be in the same direction? It seemed like I was getting some major imperfections where my hand was changing directions when using 320 grit.
                    Use the aircraft stripper. Even if your past the clear, it shouldn't hurt the lip. You'll know as soon as you apply the first coat of stripper if you still have clear on it or not. For the sanding, don't do small circles, go with the rim. I went left, moved back a little, left, moved back a little, left, ect... (if that makes any sense at all haha). Your starting low, so the higher grit you go the more those imperfections will disappear.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by cardoza View Post
                      I posted this is in the polishing DIY thread, but when sanding for polishing do all of my motions need to be in the same direction? It seemed like I was getting some major imperfections where my hand was changing directions when using 320 grit.
                      There's your issue.

As stated above me, the higher grit you use, the more they will disappear. If you've done the stages "right" by the time you get around to using 1000 you should begin to notice a slight shine. (more elbow grease = more shine/longevity)

Typically, i step it up gradually to 2000 grit and finish the job with some nice polish. Use an orbital buffer with a new mitt if you have access to one.

-jonathan

Comment

Wussup.

To:

Comment

mmm
                          -Jorge-

Comment

do mine now?

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Working...