Baby K's Clubbie Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby K's Clubbie Timeline

Well fellas, and gals, I've been asked to make a thread devoted to my Clubbie and how far its come. So here we go, feel free to ask any questions and ill awnser them as much as I can. My names Neil btw, I'll also include my Future plans as my car will never be done. Modding is in my blood so stopping would be a sin. Even on a college kid's paycheck!

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 6MT

Current Modifications

- Motor
    DIY Intake
    WMW DV
    WMW Noisemaker Delete
    Alta Boost Tap
    Riss Racing Mid pipe and Suitcase Muffler's deleted

-Suspension
    MK5 Airlift Slam Series XL Fronts 3/8" Leader lines
    Airlift universal tapered Sleeve rears with custom mounts and Helix Bushings- Dampening adjustable
    Accuair VU4 manifold and Switchspeed controller
    SMC water trap.
    Viar 400c Compressor

-Interior
    Rockfrod Fosgate Shallow mount 10" Sub
    Wooden rear deck
    Glowshift Boost gauge with Alta Bracket
    EXTA dual needle PSI gauges
    JCW Shift Knob

-Wheels and Tires
    17 x 8 ET 30 Rotiform NUE
    205/40 Falken Ziex 912's

-Exterior
    Plasti dipped Front grill
    Stubby antenna
    Plasti dipped side scuttles
    Tinted side markers

- Future
    Water/ Methanol Injection ( Hopefully before X-mas break)
    Forge or Alta FMIC
    Catless DP
    Alta Tune or Custom tune
    JCW front bumper
    Yellow Foglight Bulbs
    Silicone hosing in the Engine bay
    Turbo Heat Shield
    OCC of some sort
    MK5 Sway front sway bar brackets
    Vinyl wrapped quarter panels

Past Vehicle. Prior to the MINI I had a 2004 Audi S4. I loved my 4.2 but needed to get into something a little more practical, to put into better terms. She was a powerhouse. Beat everything that went aginst me, except a new M5. could tail him, but thats it

May 2012

I recieved my baby! 2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S in Dark Silver 6MT. Has all the bells and whistles, but was completely filthy. Only 46k.

Summer 2012

This is where the modifications began, First things first I took out the stock intake and put a 90 elbow off the MAF and hooked a Cone filter to it. I didn't feel like spending $300 on a CAI when the gains where minimal, especially with the intake in the spot it is. I also Plasti Dipped my side markers and Grill surround. I like chrome but I like the subtle black the plasti dip adds.

The intake really gave me that Turbo spool noise, something i'm not used too with an N/A car. I also installed a WMW DV and deleted the noisemaker in the back of the motor with the WMW kit.

Also snagged a JCW Knob later on! I love the way it looks!

I ordered a Glowshift Boost gauge with an Alta Bracket. I know glowshift is cheap but It's merely a gauge to help me note if I ever get a leak etc. Not for racing etc.

Also used the Alta boost tap for the install!

Also installed a wooden trunk false floor and a Rockford Fosgate shallow 10" Sub. My first shot at using a jigsaw, and I find it to be pretty snazzy if I do say myself.

Sorry I didn't have my DSLR for some of the pictures!

Then came the biggest install. The Air. Now I know some of you probably want to kill me for doing this but I always wanted Air and thought hey! Lets bite the bullet on the clubman. I snagged a set of VW MK5 Airlift Slam Series XL front bags and had to custom fit those to the knuckles and towers. They where the most difficult task by far

Next came the rears. I ordered the universal tapered sleeves from Bagriders with a bushing and top mount kit. I had to assemble the bags my self but after double checking a few things they where very simple to install.

Then came management. I chose Accuair for this department. Their VU4 setup is extremely well built and has a great appearance. So the list contained:

- Vu4 Manifold
    - Switchspeed Controller
    - Viar 400c Compressor
    - SMC Watertrap
    - 3/8 Line
    - MK5 Front slam series XL struts
    - Universal Sleeve rears
    - 3 gallon stubby tank
    - 2 dual needle XTA PSI gauges

Heres pics from the install. Took me roughly 3 days after a few issues with the knuckles and emergency parts.

The rear was complete!

The fronts were my enemy at this point...:

Then after many hard hours of intense labor! She was sitting on the ground, well tires:nod:

Some tweaking,

More tweaking!

Crazy Tuck!

After rolling around for a few weeks with the stock R98 wheels, that are beat to hell, I decided to bite the bullet. Again. Ordered a set of 17x8 Rotiform NUE ET 30 from the UK since their not available here for a few months apparently. I also got some 205/40 Falken 912 to give them a little stretch. I can say I ABSOLUTLEY **** RUNFLATS and these tires are a godsend, noise level went down enough so I can hear myself think!

Had to test fit these beauties!

And..... Boom!

Then came the Air gauge install. Yes I ran around for like a week or two without them.

Attaching the PTC fittings

September 2012

Heres a few pics as she sits currently. I installed a Riss racing mid pipe and cut the suitcase mufflers off but don't have pics of the install. No drone and sounds great! Heres some pics I got around town and then some from H20i 2012!

I ride much lower than that in the rear, just my sister was in the back so I had to keep my rear from destroying itself with the weight haha.

And a pic of the parts that are no longer,

Ill Edit this thread as things happen. Please share and comments and or questions! I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting so ill edit it as I remember. Thanks Guys!

Huge thanks goes out to Andrew Ritter over at Stanceworks, as well as John, Will, and Rali out at BagRiders. They were there to help every step of the way!

- Baby K
    Baby Kito

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Fantastic build. Looks awesome!

Comment

Thank you sir! Much appreciated.
      Baby Kito

Comment

I love you Neil!

I can't wait to see you again, and your little Clubbie.

Comment

You are doing exactly what I dream of doing, nice work.
          1981 300TD 4 speed
          2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
          , on Flickr
          IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Doing it right.

Comment

I can dig it! Love those wheels!
              tumblr
              flickr
              instagram

Comment

cool ride. My buddy drives a blue R53 and he's slackin' on getting it properly fitted! lol. I like what you've done. I feel the airbags is the right way to go for the Clubmans.

Peep the build!

Comment

Thanks Gentleman! She's a long way from finished but she's getting there.
                  Baby Kito

Comment

Great build man!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

love it
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Yes! Fakking YES!
                        Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

bad ass
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks gentleman! Rali, I just installed my Ethernet again from my dumb oopsy at H20i. I felt retarded after that incident haha. Tell Will ill be looking into the MK5 sway bar clamps as well.
                            Baby Kito

Comment

Working...
                            X