Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '97 Mark II from Vancouver!

Hey Guys,

Haven't had a chance to create a build thread yet as I have been super busy with work and updates will probably be somewhat slow to this.

Long story short, I've been trying to import an S14 Silvia for a few months but nothing panned out and then I found this JZX100 Mark II and went for it. Won the auction and the car was on its way. It arrived last week and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow!!!!! So freaking excited

Now begins the battle to get it DOT approved (headlights and tires) so I can pass the inspection and register it. Shouldn't be too bad but it will take some running around...anyways, on to the car:

1997 Mark 2 Tourer V Turbo

Mileage: 107,749 km
    Trans: 5speed (factory R154)
    Color: Grey with Green Mica

Mods.
    Aftermarket aero front side rear
    Rear spoiler
    Blitz 17" wheels
    Aftermarket exhaust
    Recaro driver's seat
    HID headlights

Misc.
    Defi boost gauge with link control
    Aftermarket coilover suspension
    Door rain visors
    HKS Turbo Timer

Parts on the way:
    Apexi Power Intake
    Roof Spoiler

I've always loved these JZX100s and want to stance it but I NEED different wheels haha. These are only 17s and look way to small so I'm thinking of going 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear, only thing I can't decide is whether I want dish/lip or concave, what you guys think?

Ok enough talking...here are the pics: (pics are from port in Japan)

Hope you guys like it! Because I am in love haha

it is such a sweet car. In Hong Kong we get to see them pretty often.

What do you have to do to the headlights and tires to be road legal?

Only thing i odnt like (besides the weak sizes of the wheels) is that the driver seat doesnt match the passenger. Some people like it, I wont never understand it. Opinions i guess.

Congrats on the purchase.

What are the plans?

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Hmmmm JZX100

Just some motivation:

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

That is so sweet. I'm from Vancouver also.
        025garage

Comment

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
          it is such a sweet car. In Hong Kong we get to see them pretty often.

What do you have to do to the headlights and tires to be road legal?

Only thing i odnt like (besides the weak sizes of the wheels) is that the driver seat doesnt match the passenger. Some people like it, I wont never understand it. Opinions i guess.

Congrats on the purchase.

What are the plans?
          Well headlights are not DOT which is the North American standard. Anyway, to pass the Out of Province inspection I need to have DOT headlights which are not possible for a Mark II since it was never made for North America. So basically I have to retrofit some other cars headlights (for the inspection only of course ) or find an inspection shop that will turn a blind eye to them. Also I need to wire up day time running lights, basically I will wire up the fogs to do this.

The tires also need to have Load Ratings and DOT markings on them to be able to pass this inspection. The tread can be 100% but if the Load Ratings and DOT markings are not visible, they will NOT pass, unless the shop turns a blind eye. I have load ratings on mine so hopefully all is well.

Haha about the driver's seat. I've already found a bunch of matching Recaro's in Japan for like $200 so I will probably get a matching one at some point. For now that is on the back burner....I NEED more aggressive wheels haha.

As for plans, right now 18x9.5F and 18x10.5R wheels, not sure if concave or dished, depends what I find used. I need a new turbo timer, headunit, shift knob, matching passenger seat, add LEDs for inside lights and finally a FMIC.

Oh and I have a roof spoiler and intake on the way as mentioned in the original post. Thanks for looking man!

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
            Hmmmm JZX100

Just some motivation:
            Oh man, I was looking at Chaser's too but this came up first and I got a good deal. A lot of Chaser's that look like that ended up going out of my budget but hopefully the Mark II will have aggressive fitment like that soooooon

Comment

Working...
            X