Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 e320

Before anything...

Got the back tinted a couple months later, now almost a year later I picked up c230 sport wheels to replace the beat up stock shoes she had on...now I'm just 4x4ing for a little while, but a drop is in order for sure..

Just cut the springs super easy, one bolt in the rear drops the whole arm and you can cut the fronts on the car or rent a compressor and pull them out.
    Follow on IG
    amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
    Vintage AME Wheels
    RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
    W115 & W123

Comment

love W124's

just chop them springs!

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Should I not be very hesitant about doing so? I was always told it was a bad idea. I'm willing to spend the cash on lowering springs, but I'm not sure they'll get me as low as I want to be...hmmm

Comment

Buy lowering springs, then cut them. Higher springs rates, better. Also please please please buy Billistein sport or HD shocks. You'll regret leaving the stock shocks on.
          Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
            Buy lowering springs, then cut them. Higher springs rates, better. Also please please please buy Billistein sport or HD shocks. You'll regret leaving the stock shocks on.
            Vogtlands, and konis and 8mm spring pads, is what I run and they got me low as is with some rake which I corrected with a grinder, or you can remove the pads. PM me or Brystov with any questions.
            Follow on IG
            amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
            Vintage AME Wheels
            RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
            W115 & W123

Comment

Apparently Vogtlands are hard to come by. I was leaning towards H&R Sports. I've done a fair bit of research regarding lowering this ride, and I'm already planning to swap springs as well as shocks and struts. I'd rather not have to take it back apart to replace blown parts.

What I really need is a manual or such to guide me through doing it on my own, because I'd love to figure this thing out so I can work on it as much as I want without cost being so much of a factor. That way, I can get it as perfect as possible without burning a hole in my pocket.

Bilstein Sports is what I was looking to partner up with H&R sport springs, and also 1 bump pad all around instead of whatever is on right now...anyone have better ideas?

Comment

a possibly cheaper idea would be to find some w124 V8 springs (400e, 500e) and cut them. they have a pretty high spring rate because of the weight of the massive v8 and are perfect for cutting and swapping onto other cars. but i cannot stress how important it is to get proper shocks! the stock ones are very soft and will give you a very bouncy uncomfortable ride. AMGwheelwhore knows what he's talking about! your stock spring pad should be a #3.
                Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
                  Agreed, but my car has stock/sportline shocks and handles well still but it may be different on the sedan!
                  My Mercedes Benz 94 E220T

Comment

This is all the same stuff i mentioned in your other thread lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lassen90 View Post
                      Agreed, but my car has stock/sportline shocks and handles well still but it may be different on the sedan!
                      The coupe has a slight different ride characteristic compared to the sedan as it is lighter, hence the sportline shock/spring combo works great on the coupe. Not so great on the sedan.

Comment

Working...
                      X