Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Porsche 924 // Improvement on its way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
    This is gonna look so cool! I love it when people modify older cars.
    Thanks, I really hope so. Though it seems like today wasn't a good start to get it looking cool.

This morning I found the time to finish the front suspension.
    So both sides are done and all my doubts were justified.
    I built myself an off-road car. Bloody hell, that wasn't the plan.

Sure, it'll all come down a little more, but never the promised 50 mm.
    It seems like there'll be more raw engineering skills needed to fix that.

Anyway, here are some photos.

Passenger's side.

Driver's side.

Inside.

Still, I can't afford the H&R coilovers right now, I'm sure this would have worked much better. But I'll find a way to get that thing lower.
    My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post
      nice rally car. hehe

you could cut all those 5 coils (in the last pic) off of the spring

.. just to get rid of the WHEEL GAP while you save for the coilovers.. just a thought
      Last edited by DannyE32; 10-01-2012, 10:25 AM.

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

I told KAW about my disappointment and they asked for some facts and numbers. So I went to workshop and wrote down the stuff they asked for. Maybe the can make some custom springs for me. (Until I can afford the coilovers.)
        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

i was just thinking about buying my friends 924s... id love to lower it and throw some wheels on it.

subscribed!

Comment

DAT FITMENT! Lol, in all seriousness, I wouldn't stress about it. Those guys will probably do a fine job modifying the coils.

Originally posted by TRaNz
            yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
            They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Drock11 View Post
              i was just thinking about buying my friends 924s... id love to lower it and throw some wheels on it.

subscribed!
              The 924S has got the typical Porsche 5 bolt pattern. Probably the easier way to find some nice wheels withut changing the whole suspension before. I'm stuck with 4x108 but I found a solution without adapters already. Needs to be lower before though.

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
              DAT FITMENT! Lol, in all seriousness, I wouldn't stress about it. Those guys will probably do a fine job modifying the coils.
              If it doesn't work I'm going to Autocross the hell out of it.

Comment

Now cut them.
                "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

in fact that these springs are not really expensive or rare i would just cut until the car sits pretty. like dannye32 said.

there is nothing bad about it

Comment

Today I was messing around a little.
                    The driver's side plastic housing is broken, a good reason to test my idea.
                    Still needs some improvement but this is gonna look great in the end.

Oh, and I cut 2 coils off the original springs.
                    It's teasing, I know, but I think the new shocks are too long.
                    The spring was quite loose while mounting everything and it's still not really low.
                    KAW is gonna answer me tomorrow I guess.
                    Patience is definitely not my cup of tea.

Comment

Love the shark mouth graphic, it's clever

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post

Haha, that's awesome! Gives the car character.

yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                        They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

Hello! it's nice that there's someone else who also has a 924. So have you thought of removing the whole torsionbar system when ur going to get coils on the back? then u would hav to strengthen the mounts of the shock struts because they arent capable to hold the weight... a easier way would be to get harder and adjustable shocks in the rear and adjust the torsion bars and its also possible to get coils and adjust the torsions so you would hav a little more adjustment with the height. If u arent already a member of www.924board.org you should register, there's a lot of helpful information for an example of the 5-lug conversion.

I would also have a set of compomotive fh's 15'' 3piece goodness in 4x108 if u r interested
                          I also own two 924 at the moment one is self made cabrio with turbo engine coming and another is widebody... alot moar wider than urs

Regards Kalle

Comment

Hello Kalle.

I registered at the 924board already and I like the open minds. The german Porsche boards are really horrible with narrow minded lame ass people. For the moment I don't wanna convert to the 5-lug version. I've got a good used parts dealer around, who could help me with all the stuff I'd need, but for the moment there's no need to do that. The torsion bars are gonna stay in as well for this stage of the build. Right now I'm still waiting for an answer from KAW and besides that I'm sourcing various alternatives as well. Doesn't seem like the car will be on the road this year anyway, so I can save some money maybe.

Comment

I love this car, especially the fenders. I definitely wouldn't use those flares on those gorgeous and already wide fenders.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

looking good duder! where'd you get the coilovers from? I just traded up to an 85 1/2 and am sourcing parts

Comment

Working...
                                X