It's just a neon c'mon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just a neon c'mon...

Had this car for about a year and its been through so many diferent transformations. It's time to show the world. Unfortuanetly my camera is broken and these are all cell phone quality im sorry guys.

When i first got it.

Had a rusted hood and trunk lid so i switched them out with my other car that is and identical twin.

Put my pizza wheels on it and pulled all the rubber side moulding off.

Me and a buddy cut the springs on it one night. This was the biggest mistake ever when i drove it but it looked good.

I rolled like this for a while. Then the paint started coming off and peeling bad and it had parking lot dings from careless people at school. So i rattle canned it flat black one evening. Another not so great idea. Tried to pull off the rusted hood look but couln't rust my hood. Doh! Oh and my front bumper ripped off in a parking lot so i ziptied a honda kit to it. lol

Started experimenting new colors. Spent 60 dollars at wal mart for this tan color then decided i didn't like it.. Got a cracked but usable front bumper. Then things would soon change..

I wanted a real paint job so i started bodywork. Got a hood for free from local junkyard. Ended up being full of dents! Spent close to a month on bodywork.

I was going to paint it myself because i had taken auto collision repair at my vocational school. But my grandpa took the project over and thats where it went down hill i **** to say.
    It looks good in the picture but up close its horrible. Didn't lay down right, dried too quick in spots, half isn't cleared. But its just a neon so i pressed on and got it put back together.

I remembered i was still riding on cut springs and needed to change that. Quick. Got to thinking one night and i grabbed some cut crx springs and threw em on my struts. I was shocked that it lifted the car instead of lowering it. Ride quality was back so i didn't care. Drove it for a little bit like this. Must've deleted the picture as i cannot find it. Oh well. Anyway i bought some ebay honda lowering coils off a kid locally for 20 bucks. Threw those on and it sat decent but i wasnt happy. Grabbed the stock crx springs and chopped them as much as i could. Also got some more pizzas in better shape and polished them.

I had heard people putting front struts on the back because they were shorter and get more low. So i tried it. Got everything apart and went to put the front struts on the back and thats when i realized this wasn't easy. Top hats didn't fit so i had to take some steel plate and make entirely new top hats. Put those on and the chopped springs on the front struts. Slapped em on the back and checked fitment with my old wheels.

Ended up quitting here for the nite. My tires hit the struts since they are shorter. Have to buy spacers. Might need new struts because they are blown out and won't compress the spring when all the way down. More pics tomorrow and doing the other side.

I've always love first generation Neons.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

I like the progress so far. This might just be a drunkin wish but, please leave the camber in the rear!
      The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
      Originally posted by Dubway5887
      I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

This should be interesting...
        sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Fellow Neon owner here. Interested to see where this goes.

It does look like you've got quite the uphill battle though.

Wish I could get my hands on a clean 1st gen 5spd coupe. Oh the things I would do...

I also think it's hilarious your hood wouldn't rust. My 1st gen didn't have that problem. It just about rusted into oblivion without any assistance.
          I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

uhhhhhh..... chesus rice. lets see where this goes.
            Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
            and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Funds are an issue at the moment. Trying to find spacers and trying to score a deal on some coilovers. Gotta make my top hat for the other side still and i got a lug nut on front that wont come loose its rounded off! Great!

Comment

I used to have a blue '95 Plymouth Neon with the sohc and a 5-spd. I miss that car! she was a real canyon carver! If I ever get one again I am def swapping in a 2.4. Good luck on the build, I'll definitely be watching!

Comment

Oh boy people are gunna be all over this... Not in a good way what so ever��

insta:yungwymo

Comment

Gotta pull a rabbit out of your ass, but I wanna see what you can do with it. The only neons of this gen I see are super ricey or just beat.
                    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Finally got some updates. Ive been busy with school and being unemployed i havent done much to the car besides fix it when it breaks down. Tranny lines have been coming off left and right! Still have the screwed up lug nut that won't come off no matter what i do. Figured out a way to make my stock struts sleeved. Put my honda ebay coils and sleeves on after hacking off factory spring perch. This is the result on the rear strut.

Comment

reminds me of my buddy's car( which he has for sale)
                        Count Von Purp - Z31
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36691

Comment

Finally got my wheel off. Destroyed it in the process but i don't care its not worth anything. Trying to buy some steelies at the moment and then junk these wheels. Spent two hours doing this.

Comment

Also interested to see this. Miss my neon. She was awesome.

I had a coupe on some Daytona wheels. I actually want another one haha.
                            Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                            Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

So i was poking around underneath my drivers strut tower and went through it.. Doh! So i spent all last night patching it. I have a pos welder that doesn't use gas and im nowhere near a good welder so it looks bad but holds so oh well. I also wrecked the car into a ditch last weekend and ripped my front bumper off(again). Ran my passenger side fender over one night in town and had to borrow a hammer to beat it out so i could make it home. Anyway heres some pics.

After i beat on it some with a hammer and realized it was really bad.

Wasn't easy to get to with the cut off wheel.

Patched with my junk welder and terrible welding skills...

Done. I think i want the rest of the engine bay this color. Thoughts??

Comment

Working...
                              X