The Rise of Gonzo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
    car sounds titties man. and that valve cover find was a damn gem. keep it up!
    All right!
    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• medium aquamarine.

that's what's up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
        medium aquamarine.

that's what's up.
        idk if it will match my car too well.......I am thinking white...

IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Forget the bay paint for now! Finally dropped my head off at the machine shop...

And I got good news today! The head had a slight warp around the last cylinder! And that's where the old HG looked fishy! So I had it resurfaced and pressure tested. IT all checked out and is ready to be put back together!

I still need to clean a few other parts before I assemble the head back together...

Here's a little preview...

Should be getting most of the work out of the way this weekend. Friday is also payday my funds are running low... Still need a gasket kit and timing belt kit! SHit will be tits!
          Last edited by Rob&co; 03-26-2013, 10:59 AM.
          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Well he sits and waits for my day off. Gave it a hour of my time last night...... Hurts to see a friend down like this...

IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Hello SW

Well last night (Thursday) I got 1/2 of the bay out of the way.... It came out tits.. The other side has so so much more shit to remove.... I didn't shave much I need to rock the overflow in the oem location for now...

And a little tease to help your mind flow on how it will look if all goes threw for me lol!

They said it would rain this weekend. That would suck and would post phone shit for me....
              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• That color combo... I dig it so hard.
                IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                  That color combo... I dig it so hard.
                  Hey thanks pal me too! I miss this shit so so bad fawk I want to shoot my legs out!
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                    Hey thanks pal me too! I miss this shit so so bad fawk I want to shoot my legs out!
                    Don't shoot your legs out!

Then you can't drive it

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                    Originally posted by nickskater09
                    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                      Don't shoot your legs out!

Then you can't drive it
                      well I will still find a way!
                      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Well guys 16 hours later and were done! Its been running for two days now and it pulls so good!

I spent this weekend working my ass off! Felt good like old times!

Have over 400+ pics....

Few of the things that I have swapped this weekend while I had the head off!

Heavy duty HG kit. Heavy duty head bolts, water pump, thermostat housing, coolant hoses, timing belt, tentioner guides, valve adjustment, block resurface, piston clean(top) the list is too long and its still early here in cal!

I also dressed up the engine bay. And gave some old parts some new love and shine! (4AM)

SO then came the test drive. Few leaks after first start up, turns out few of the hose clamps were skipping and needed to be changed out. Then after a hour worth of driving it made a scary noise that turned out to be a loose pulley. After a few minutes we were back on the road.

I drove it to work today and all seems fine. Car is running like new! I will give it a few more days before I start driving it hard!

I don't know whats next... Most of the mechanical shit has been swapped and the car is super solid now!
                        Last edited by Rob&co; 04-01-2013, 11:29 AM.
                        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Hell yea!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                          Originally posted by nickskater09
                          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Nice man, glad to see it's running again, engine is looking great aswell with the new cover.

Comment

• This pleases me man. Don't kill this one.
                              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                                Hell yea!
                                Originally posted by Pierate View Post
                                Nice man, glad to see it's running again, engine is looking great aswell with the new cover.
                                Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                                This pleases me man. Don't kill this one.

Thank's for the love guys! I see all of the Mobsters came to show face and congrats lol!

PS I do not plan on killing this one.....It took 1300 to bring back
                                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                                X