Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a mash up of two posts from my main build on BFc

I put the car in a ditch at the last event

Surprisingly, the car was completely fine, if it hadn't started pouring rain and my windshield hadn't fallen out I would have been back out on track. Literally nothing but cosmetic damage. Here's a video.

Well I just got done moving back from Charlotte to Chapel Hill, it sucks. I can't get anything done, don't have a job, and my motivation to work on the car is dwindling. I have enough tires saved up for two, maybe three more events. Although I did get my welder back so hopefully now I can start making progress on finishing the cage. I still need intrusion bars and door slats and I found a couple spots where the retard who "welded everything" just neglected to do. Those being at the top of the cage between the roof and the back of the dash bar.

I had to sell basically sell all of my spares to pay for the move and all my bills. I spent the last two years stock piling these only to sell them for pennies on the dollar to guys who will never put them to good use.

Before I left I got my ride height and alignment squared away. Although I think the crash may have pushed my caster back a bit. Which kind of blows but whatever. I have a parts car. I will say the Fortune Autos ride so much better than my previous BC setup. The rebound is so much better. When the car hits a bump it just takes it. It doesn't get all bent out of shape and try to throw me around. I also noticed a huge difference on track. The car actually kept up with/pushed past other cars when I was tandeming. After I get the rear end sorted with camber and toe adjusters this thing will be an absolute rocket on track.

Here are a bunch of shots of the damage from the ditch. I pulled the windshield out of the missile and threw it in so I could drive it around. I cracked it pretty bad pulling it out but when the time comes I'll just get a new one.

The gate hit the door, smashed the windshield and put two nice size dents in the A-pillar.

The ditch also smashed the lower kick panel. Wonderful....

I finally found all my heat wrap that went missing months ago. So I finally wrapped my "up pipe." I'm getting really tired of it. I'm going to try and make finishing the exhaust a priority. It's so loud and all the fumes just come flying into the car and make trips of 50+ miles miserable.

Also replaced my tail lights that got smashed at end of year bash last year.

I also got all three of my cars in the same place and took a picture. That was exciting until two days later when I decided to part the missile out.

Word of warning. Don't buy Napa products, ever. I got a water pump after mine started leaking, it uses some bullshit generic impeller design and now my car went from easily maintaining 180* on the highway to struggling to keep it under 200* with a massively beefed up r53 mini cooper fan and shroud. I'm ordering an OEM one asap. The day before the event I was stuck at work and my friends replaced it for me which was absolutely awesome. I cannot thank them enough.

Finally I got to drive on my knuckles for the first time. That had to be the best part of the entire month. The car felt awesome sideways. I was able to throw massive angle and not be afraid of pushing it to far. It was really strange pushing the car past where I was comfortable but I had a blast trying to use all of it.

Now this is my current situation. No garage to store the car, it's just sitting outside getting rained on and rusting because I haven't had time or money to finish the body work or paint it. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything back on track soon.

Comment

Working...
    X