SlowBuild Small engined E38!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlowBuild Small engined E38!

So after reading this forums for some years i decided it was time to make a thread of my own, i got this 728i E38, and i have had it for almost 2 years now.
    was very stock when i got it. Since i dont have any regualr work to go to and only work now and then, and have a 2 year old son its taking some time to get things done. ill try and add more info soon. some pictures:

this is when i got it:

first thing to do when the snow went away was to get coils on, FK Highsport i think it was.

added black kidney's

some carbon details:

then i got some facelift lights, **** the preface look :P

random picture of the ride height last witner, with winter wheels/tires :P

testing the new wheels:

missing a corner, got stolen? was missing when i came out from a shopping mal, wierd.

and the other light was smashed during wither:

so the facelift lights was mounted, with preface fenders i figured i could get this pretty fast anyways..

had to drive on the old wheels, had sold them at this point, but borrowed them back :P since i couldnt afford new tires for the style 95s

added spacers in the front:

then soon after the fuel cell was so rusted i could only fill gas to drive a few miles

so my mom got me a new tank :P

then i ordered 4x Nankang NS-2 225/40 ZR19 93Y XL

got only 2 of them b4 going on a vacation, but the old rear tires where almost done, so had to drive on diffrent wheels front/rear :P

also got some new rear light:

finally came home and got the front wheels on also

rolled the rare arches:

but then major accident happen, and the engine borke down so the search for a new engine started. was not easy getting hold of a new m52b28, theese engines are very popular in norway to put in smaler cars, but after a month or something i finally got one with low milage!

had a little accident while changing the engine :P

ready for a little test drive :P

so from the engine broke down until the new one was running it took about 2 months!
    and i fianlly got a proper camera!

the car was ready 1 day after i was gonna go on vacation with full family, so never had the chance to test it after the rebuild, but it worked fine all the way

and ofc there is some rust, norwegian winters are hard on cars

me and my son:

and this is the car now:

and when i finally got the spacers for the front end they were ofc wrong, so im still waiting on the new ones, also the fenders are stil preface since all of my money went witht he engine rebuild :P

hope you like this, would be nice to know what other stancers think about it

-Spiff
    www.bimmers.no

If something's hard to do, it's not worth doing. -Homer Simpson

Hey I really like where this is going. The new 7er wheels look great on an e38. Can't wait to see them flushed out and have this thing lower. The only area I felt disappointed with was the engine swap, I've always felt that the 191bhp M52B28 was far too underpowered for the big boaty 7. I would've searched for an M62 or at least an S50/S52. but hey I'm no stranger to budgets, and I love this thing!

Comment

its a little to expensive for me to swap for bigger engine, so stock engine is the only option i guess this 728 cost about twice of what a 740 costs in US. some sick car prices in norway
      www.bimmers.no

If something's hard to do, it's not worth doing. -Homer Simpson

Comment

this is on the right path.

i feel you about the prices. Here in China i had an E32 in a bad shape for around 6K us dollars and an E38 are from 12- 20K !! LOL.

you could fit a wider tire in the rear IMO.

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Working...
        X