Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely love this!

Comment

• Happy birthday bro!

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        Just take a job in Georgia and come back to the right coast.
        Lol, I might eventually. Who knows.

Originally posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
        Absolutely love this!
        Thanks dude!

Originally posted by coconutt View Post
        Happy birthday bro!
        Thanks Coco!
        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post

Nick fixing a small crack in the new airdam.

God I used to be fat.

Comment

• Hey CJ here is your wheel 😋

sigpic
            "how do you drive that? Does it have those lifter shocks on it like the low riders?"
            -Faithful Autozone Customer
            Make me insta famous @isupa_shaun

Comment

• Saw ODB at SoWo, looked absolutely incredible
              [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
              [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
              Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun708 View Post
                Hey CJ here is your wheel 😋

Shaun, I think you managed to get the only shot of my wheels and tires clean at SoWo, lol. The monster trucking expeditions to and from my cabin covered everything in some nice Georgia dirt.

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
                Saw ODB at SoWo, looked absolutely incredible
                Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Headed back to the wrong coast tomorrow morning. I'll make a road trip post once I get back to home. Don't want to jinx anything.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Now that I've sort of recovered from going to SoWo, Bimmerfest, and Wuste, I figured it was time to update this thread a little more.

ODB has been on Bagriders manual management since I started this project, which I've always sort of *****. Mainly because it always leaked, and i was always having to mess with the valves while I drove. So after much planning and consideration, I went through Blaine at Janky Garage in San Diego and got this.

Aw yee. Got everything wired up and installed, which went way faster after having done the same to my DD mk6 Golf last winter. I decided to route the controller through the ashtray for now, though I think later I may try to mount it where the OBC mounts next to the radio for a bit of a cleaner look.

Also managed to score a set of grilles and euro turn signals from Dylan Leff.

Pretty amazing how such a simple thing can really clean up the look of the car.

I also upgraded the headlights to H1/H4s so I could actually see at night, and replaced ODB's radiator and upgraded him to silicone coolant hoses. No pics of any of that work. Got him loaded up and rolled out to SoWo. All of the pics from the drive out are in my IG if anyone really wants to see them.

Had to post this one though. Dammit I miss it there.

Spent a few days in Nashville visiting some friends. While I was there, Luke at Eurofix offered to take a look at ODB's non-functional A/C. Turns out that nothing was wrong with it other than the system being re-charged backwards at one point. For the price of Luke's lunch, ODB has working A/C for the first time in 6 years of me owning it.

Got down to Atlanta before SoWo to see my friend Jason Rose at UUC Motorwerks. I knew ODB's CV boots and subframe bushings were on their way out before I left, but I figured they'd hold together till Jason and I could get ODB onto a lift.

Yeah those look a little...blown. Thankfully Jason and I were able to source some good used axles locally with the help of my friend Shawn Doughtie.

Pulled the whole rear subframe out to do the subframe bushings and axles. This was also the night that I realized ODB's new front tires were down to the wear bars already. I had set the ride height pretty high all around in an effort to save ODB's tires from camber wear, forgetting that riding above the height he'd been aligned at would also throw off the front toe angle. Thankfully Geordie at Butler Tire in Atlanta was able to hook me up with a pair of new front tires and realign the front end. Once it was all dialed in, I rolled up to Helen.

Last edited by theseeker411; 02-22-2018, 12:42 AM.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• SoWo was a blast for me, mainly because I would leave town before the shit show and chill with my friends at our cabin. Sucks that the show will no longer be in that town, but I'm hopeful that next year's event will be just as enjoyable.

I rolled back down to Atlanta after SoWo to once again hit up Jason, as I realized while at the show that my motor mounts and trans mounts weren't looking so hot.

Yeah, that's not supposed to look like that. Jason and I were able to knock everything out in a few hours and I went back up to Nashville for a little while before heading back west.

Made it back to the west coast with no mechanical issues. Realized while I was at SoWo that the aftermarket in-tank fuel pump I bought doesn't seal well with the sending unit, so if I try to top off the fuel tank it dumps gas everywhere. Gonna have to address that soon.

Rolled out to Bimmerfest with this squad. Bimmerfest was ok, way too many e90s for my liking though. Met up with Sam from Vossen wheels after the show and he shot some pics of ODB with the Vossen 650i.

While I was at Bimmerfest, I picked up a Red46 Sump Armor skid plate for ODB and tossed it on the night before I left for Wuste in Los Vegas.

That's my aired out skid plate clearance.

Wuste was cool, got to see a bunch of people I don't see very often and met a number of new people as well. Also found the only other e24 in attendance and parked next to it.

Somehow managed to snag a Top 10 BMWs of Wuste award, even though ODB hasn't been washed in almost 2 weeks.

Now to fix a few more little issues before I drive up to Leavanworth in WA.
                    Last edited by theseeker411; 02-22-2018, 12:47 AM.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Youre coming to washington with odb??????????????????????????????????

Comment

• Yeah, that's the plan. I was originally just going to fly up. but after driving out to SoWo, I figure flying is a bit of a bitch move.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                          Yeah, that's the plan. I was originally just going to fly up. but after driving out to SoWo, I figure flying is a bit of a bitch move.
                          Damn you're getting me excited cause this is the greatest 6series ive ever laid my eyes upon.

Comment

• Congrats on the win CJ, you and ODB deserve it!
                            Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
                            well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
                            and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

• gratz on the win cj

must be nice to have ac again
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                                Damn you're getting me excited cause this is the greatest 6series ive ever laid my eyes upon.
                                I'mma HAVE to go to Leavenworth now!!!

Isn't it a week from Saturday?
                                -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                                '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                                '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Working...
                                X