Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    Still don't have the wheels back from the machine shop, and they still ned to be polished and resized, so who knows if I'll actually get everything done in time.
    goddamit

that's why we don't get to c the new wheels
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• i love this build thread! road trips are always the coolest to read about! can't wait for the wheels
      1987 325is
      1988 528e
      #30Furdayz

Comment

• its been something ive wanted to do with driving to sowo from oregon. would be such a cool thing to have a convoy from the west head that way haha

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

• Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
          Just get a GoPro and time lapse the whole drive. Should be fun. Hoping to see ODB back in Helen again this year!
          GoPro is a good idea. Dylan is a great photographer so I'm sure we'll have plenty of pictures of the drive.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          goddamit

that's why we don't get to c the new wheels
          Yeah. May have to look into other options at this point. I'm not sure.

Originally posted by mkhayate30 View Post
          i love this build thread! road trips are always the coolest to read about! can't wait for the wheels
          Thanks man! Yeah, I can't wait for them either.

Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
          its been something ive wanted to do with driving to sowo from oregon. would be such a cool thing to have a convoy from the west head that way haha
          Dude, drive down to here first then drive out with me and Dylan. You know it'd be epic.
          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• its be sooo gnarly. If i can get a friend to legit roll with and get the time off, im so down.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Yeah. May have to look into other options at this point. I'm not sure.

i sometimes wonder how companies make money, and if that is even their goal?!
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
                its be sooo gnarly. If i can get a friend to legit roll with and get the time off, im so down.
                Do it.

Originally posted by P78 View Post

i sometimes wonder how companies make money, and if that is even their goal?!
                Well the machinist is doing the work as a favor to the friend that I bought the wheels from. So he's doing them in his spare time. I just dislike checking in now to find any progress as I feel like I'm annoying everyone involved. Oh well.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Well the machinist is doing the work as a favor to the friend that I bought the wheels from. So he's doing them in his spare time. I just dislike checking in now to find any progress as I feel like I'm annoying everyone involved. Oh well.
                  What is he doing to the wheels that's taking so long?
                  2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

• Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
                    What is he doing to the wheels that's taking so long?
                    Enlarging the center bore from 66 to 72.56mm.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Enlarging the center bore from 66 to 72.56mm.
                      That shouldn't take long at all, I would go talk to another machine shop and get a quote. It shouldn't be very expensive (I know this other guy is free, but if he's not going to ever get to it I'd at least look into that option)
                      2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

• We'll see what happens by the end of this week. If they haven't been touched then I'll take them to somewhere else.

At this point though, I'm cutting it really close with this wheel build. So who knows if they'll be done in time even if I do get them done/over to another shop.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Just read through hole thread. I'm speechless. Keep it up man, those wheels are mad!

Comment

• So I got some work done on ODB over the last couple of days that I thought was worth sharing.

Job number one was replacing the center console that was ruined last summer when the radio was stolen. Yes I know, it's been sitting for months with a ruined console, but oh well.

Much better. Still have to get another radio though.

I decided to finally tackle the shitmess known as an e24 steering/suspension system. But before I could do that, I had to take care of these.

So far I've roasted 6 or 7 massive black widow spiders off of this car with brake cleaner and a long lighter. 5 of them in one week. Bastards.

Anyway, got ODB up in the air and removed the tie rods, center link, and idler arm all at once.

Then had my friend Alexander, aka gnarlycreature press in some new Moosehead Engineering upper control arm bushings to hopefully end the front end shimmy once and for all.

So new tie rods, center link, idler arm, upper control arms, and lower control arms all went in. While I was at it, I decided to address the welded in front camber plates.

In case you're wondering, yes, I did drive this car from Nashville to SoCal with these cracks. We noticed them in Texas, so by then it was really too late to do anything but hope that they'd hold up. Which they did, barely. The right side took a bit of grinding and hammering to come out, but the left? Nah. Just jammed a picklefork in it and it lifted right out. There's a video of it on my IG since I don't know how to post vids here. Good old Tennessee engineering.

That's better. Installed a set of Ireland Engineering race camber plates on top of the bags. I took two of the allen bolts out after this shot was taken to give me some more room for adjustment.

So that's pretty much where I'm at with this car so far. Still don't have any wheels. Gonna go down to that machine shop sometime and see whats up.
                            Last edited by theseeker411; 02-22-2018, 12:17 AM.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Vacuum that bitch out dude! Haha
                              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• holy sh*t, i would burn my car down if there were any chance to come face to face with these.
                                The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Comment

Working...
                                X