Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    Find me at SoWo, I will be handing out 40's full of scene points. Which may or may not actually be brass monkey.
    I'm holding you to that

Daily Project 1980 more-door Rabbit "Ruth" ^
    save the squares

Comment

• Originally posted by DEADheadDOOLEY View Post
      I'm holding you to that
      I'm giving you the first one, homie.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Holy $hit...I just mapped the drive to SoWo from Cali! I barely drove my e24 a mile til she broke down on me haha
        Daily Driver: 2007 BMW 550i
        Project: 1985 BMW 635csi

Project SmurfShark - BMW e24 Build thread
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...09#post1340209

http://instagram.com/xerxes310

Comment

• Originally posted by XerXes310 View Post
          Holy ...I just mapped the drive to SoWo from Cali! I barely drove my e24 a mile til she broke down on me haha
          Haha, honestly other than the clogged fuel filter and dead pre pump, and the CV boot that blew up, I had no mechanical issues with ODB on my move from TN to here. Hopefully I have enough time to make sure he's completely mechanically solid before the drive.

Emailed a good wheel company that might have barrels in stock, so hopefully those happen soon. Did the math and 5.5" barrels front and back will result in 11s/12s, with 5"/6" outer lips, so I'm doing that.
          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

I'm giving you the first one, homie.

Can't wait to see ODB again. Pm me your number and maybe we can meet up in Texas.

save the squares

Comment

No. The motor swap isn't going to happen. I don't have the means to do it so close to SoWo. If anything, I'll either redo the current head, get a new one, or more than likely just leave it as is.
              Got yah. What about the oil pan, thought it was cracked? taking a few cases of oil with you for the road?

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
              Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Originally posted by evilstar View Post
                Got yah. What about the oil pan, thought it was cracked? taking a few cases of oil with you for the road?
                Yeah. Gonna check the repair job I did to make sure it's good. Gonna bring a ton of spares and tools with us.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Brought some of my things from my apartment in Fresno down to my parents place in SoCal this weekend. Decided while I was here that I would unbox everything I'd recently ordered to inventory everything. Figured out that I didn't need to order a set of lower control arms, I had a pair already in ODB's trunk. Oops. Went ahead and ordered upper control arms tonight.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• So not much really happened this weekend. Trying to get over a really nasty headache. However I did manage to throw a new battery into ODB and get it moved from its spot on the street into my parents' garage. SoWo prep will hopefully start in earnest this week.

Last edited by theseeker411; 02-22-2018, 12:09 AM.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Got the catalytic converter replaced this morning and immediately took ODB over to the emissions shop, where he finally managed to pass. So now I get to register him and make him a legal resident of the state of California.
                      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Dammmmmn you're driving from Cali!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                          Dammmmmn you're driving from Cali!
                          Yeah man, actually 2 SoCal e24s will be driving out. Dylan is bringing his euro car out with me. This will either be really good or a really big disaster. We'll see.

Still don't have the wheels back from the machine shop, and they still ned to be polished and resized, so who knows if I'll actually get everything done in time.
                          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Yeah man, actually 2 SoCal e24s will be driving out. Dylan is bringing his euro car out with me. This will either be really good or a really big disaster. We'll see.

Still don't have the wheels back from the machine shop, and they still ned to be polished and resized, so who knows if I'll actually get everything done in time.
                            either way a really good story, make sure to document the trip haha

save the squares

Comment

• Originally posted by DEADheadDOOLEY View Post
                              either way a really good story, make sure to document the trip haha
                              Well Dylan is a pretty amazing photographer, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of photos once we're rolling. If we get to rolling.

Like I said, the biggest hold up at this point is the wheels. Not sure if they'll be done in time.
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Well Dylan is a pretty amazing photographer, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of photos once we're rolling. If we get to rolling.

Like I said, the biggest hold up at this point is the wheels. Not sure if they'll be done in time.
                                Just get a GoPro and time lapse the whole drive. Should be fun. Hoping to see ODB back in Helen again this year!
                                2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Working...
                                X