X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice progres..

nice trip to SOWO.. hehehe

Comment

• Nice work on the arms and the locks Earl. If your can ran out of air before all the primer was used you can add some air back into the can using an old valve stem and a compressor.

For the door handles, I'll send you a PM as you might be interested.

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

• uuuugggghhhhhh is it done yet?

Comment

• good to see progress my friend
          IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
          Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

• I was going to finish painting the arms the other day but ran out of paint and the paint I was using is now discontinued. I did spray them with self etching primer though to cover any spots I missed with the first coat of primer.

Now I just need to get a nice day to prep and paint them, as well as the subframe.

Yesterday I tackled the output shaft detent rings and seals on my diff. I will be redoing the paint on it as well as replacing the bolts for the sides and the dust caps on the flanges, don't worry=)

Popped the flanges out to see what I was working with.

Next I pulled the sides and popped out the old seals and detent rings

Then in went the new seals

I popped the output flanges back in for now to keep any debris out of the diff. I will be coating it in KBS rustseal and just need to pick up that up as well as new hardware for the sides

95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Last week I realized that the color I used for the subframe, trailing arms, and diff cover was discontinued. The subframe needed repainting too so I clean it up again and reprimed it.

I also started KBS coating my diff.

I started with the Aqua Kleen. It needs to be kept wet for a half hour to clean the surface.

After that I used the Rust Blast to convert any rust and to put a thin zinc phosphate coating on the part to help the rust seal stick. I didn't really get a good picture of the diff after the rust seal but here is one with the diff disassembled and ready to coat.

Coating the diff was as simple as lightly brushing on the rust seal. It self levels and covers really well.

I didn't coat the inside of the diff flange that you see since it didn't make much sense to me and is already painted in there.

I'll be reassembling the diff today (sans hardware) and painting the subframe. I also need to clean up and finish priming the trailing arms.
              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Got the diff assembled and the stud kit installed

I have to repaint the cover yet and get new bolts for the side covers. Can't decide if I want to match the diff cover to the subframe again or if I want to paint it with aluminum paint like the trans haha

Sprayed the subframe with paint as well. Ran out of time to prime the trailing arms

95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Man, I wish I could help you finish this thing, I cannot wait to see it!

Keep going dude!

Comment

• I wish you could too haha

I keep finding things that I did when I started doing the build that are not up to snuff with my current views on how things should be done lol

I never thought I had bad OCD until now
                    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Finish it now :'( I wanna see it done! It will look badass (well...More so than it already does)
                      I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

• I have loved the attention to detail in your build Earl, actually makes me miss my m42 (at least for a few minutes). One day we'll have to get our compacts side by side for a shoot, at least once they're both done
                        Fleet

'95 E36 Compact | m50tu | 3.45LSD | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), Air House 2 (R) - BUILD THREAD

'02 E39 540i Touring | Muffler Delete | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), RE5 (R) - BUILD THREAD

Comment

• We definitely will need to do that=)
                          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Good god you're on another level. I need to get my shit together.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• The "never getting finished" level lol
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Tuesday I finally got the arms outside to prime:

Yesterday I was able to put a little paint on them and a little more paint on the subframe

I'm not sure why they look a little greenish in pictures but the color is a nice medium gray.

After that I started taking the rear bumper support and mounts off so that I can redo some of the undercoating in the rear. I found some surface rust that I want to address properly.

Upon taking the bumper support off, I found that my drivers side mount is blown and a bit crusty

Currently on the lookout for a used one in good shape.
                                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X