No announcement yet.

Touring International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tan colour look awesome! Fits perfect with the wheels.
    wait..what?

Comment

• Originally posted by PastaBatman View Post
      The tan colour look awesome! Fits perfect with the wheels.
      Thank you. Are you talking about the plastidip? I peeled that off and the car is getting a full Schwarz II respray.
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• I was just looking through old pictures yesterday and found a few that I don't think I ever posted. I cannot wait for the car to have a fresh coat of black=) I should have also cut my bumpstops way back when. It definitely sat too high. Definitely needed spacers too. Oh well=)

95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• I finally got my rear subframe parts all painted up=) I didn't take any final pictures like I thought though=/ I also realised that one of the wheel bearings is really bad and needs to be changed.

I ended up getting all of the carbon off of the pistons, but yet again I didn't take any pictures. Here are the only pictures that I took:

Before clearcoat:

Sprayed the brake shields and hubs:

Painted the diff black:

Wednesday I will take pictures of them all finished. I will be pressing in the new bushings too hopefully. It is supposed to be warm for once, so I should be able to get some primer and paint on the block finally.
          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• oooooh the wheels!
            and ooooh the old pictures!
            it's funny, but I feel the same way about the color. The tan plastidip looked awesome, but I think now it's time for Schwarz again... suits the car a lot better.
            @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerbabe View Post
              oooooh the wheels!
              and ooooh the old pictures!
              it's funny, but I feel the same way about the color. The tan plastidip looked awesome, but I think now it's time for Schwarz again... suits the car a lot better.
              It definitely needs the Schwarz to be subtle and classy=) I only have you to thank for the wheels. I need to get the rest of my parts from you so I can start working on the interior
              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• I got a little bit done yesterday.

I started by taping off the block. I ended up running out of tape so I could only one side=/

I then laid down some primer:

I then had to wait for that to dry, so I started working on the bay again. I busted out a propane torch, wire brush, and pallet knife.

Passenger side:

Driver side:

I ended up having to quit that for the day because my brush bit the dust:

By this time the primer was dry, so I laid down the paint:

It was supposed to have more of a champagne tint to it, but it definitely looks good=) It looks like liquid mercury. Hopefully Saturday I will get the other side painted, as well as removing the crank bolt to pull the timing cover.

I also snapped a few crappy pictures of my rearend parts finished up:

And a shot of the pistons clean:

More to come Saturday=)
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Doing it right man, I cannot wait to see this beast back on the road!
                  Fleet

'95 E36 Compact | m50tu | 3.45LSD | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), Air House 2 (R) - BUILD THREAD

'02 E39 540i Touring | Muffler Delete | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), RE5 (R) - BUILD THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by indiejack View Post
                    Doing it right man, I cannot wait to see this beast back on the road!
                    You and I both=) lol
                    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• I got a little done on Saturday, but it doesn't look like much.

I started off by painting the other side of the block. Both sides turned out really well.

The color came out brighter and more silver than what I wanted, but it will work well with the rest of the colors.

Most of the rest of the day was spent with a propane torch and wire brush. I still have a lot of seam sealer to get out of little nooks and crannys. I'm really hoping I can get it out soon so that I can weld the seams up, grind them flat, and then smooth out the whole bay. I really want to be done with that so that I can just fit the wheels, and then send the car off for paint.

I'll hopefully be ordering a ton of parts this week so I can slowly cross things off of my list. I also need to replace a wheel bearing in the rear so that I can put the subframe back in.

Last thing I got done was a little cleaning on the steering rack. I ran out of brake cleaner=(

I'm hoping some more exciting updates will come sooner than later.
                      Last edited by Earl; 04-22-2013, 06:03 AM.
                      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                        I'm hoping some more exciting updates will come sooner than later.
                        ...and some are already on its way

@angelicmisskitty

Comment

...and some are already on its way

Hahaha. You definitely get a Number 1 friend award=) You get the best german award as well. Thanks Kitty
                          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• I got another little chunk of work done yesterday. I wanted to smooth out all of the old bracket mounting points. I grabbed a 120 grit flap wheel and went to town.

I then got most of the seam sealer finally removed from the corners. Some of it is still in that very tight corner. I think I'll need to use a pick to get that out.

I then put the subframe bushings in.

I went to put the trailing arm bushings in and ran into a snag. I got the end with the sleeve pressed in with the help of a hammer, but I could not get the other end to come in any farther than pictured=( I didn't happen to have a c clamp handy, so I will be using one today to get them fully seated.

I will be going to the shop today after work, and also on Sunday. I'll post the updates Monday=)
                            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Finally putting it all together...
                              @angelicmisskitty

Comment

Finally putting it all together...
                                Kind of. lol I noticed now that I should replace the wheel bearings. That now postpones the subframe back together
                                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X