No announcement yet.

Isuzu pickup race truck build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after some consideration I'm hoping to throw in a KA. Parts for the swap are stupid cheap around here, and it shouldn't be a very difficult swap VS something with more cylinders. My motor has a lot of similarities. I also think this is going to be one of the only KA24DE Isuzu pickups. I couldn't find anything online. This should be done hopefully the beginning of next year. And down the rode KA-T. I picked up some 6.5 component speakers and I have to make a custom panel for them. Should be complete next week.
    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Did you get all the gauges to work when you did the cluster swap?

Comment

delicious

Comment

The only one that doesn't fully work is the oil pressure gauge. It reads full as long as theres sufficient pressure since the original only has a warning light. You would need the sending unit from a 2.6.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Townsend View Post
            delicious

Build thread!!!

Comment

is it just a plug and play pretty muhc?

Comment

Yeah, I highly recommend it. I may not be using the cluster for long though. I picked one of these up today!

I'm really excited! Haha. Figures my first swap is fairly complicated. The motor has a blown head gasket, but can't beat both for 250! Pulling the head off tomorrow to see where I'm at. This may be one of the only KA swapped Isuzus, I can't find any online. It's gonna take a few months to install, but this is a huge leap.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Layzorbeemz View Post
                  lol, SSR MK1's are still readily available from SSR, they aren't rare unfortunately, they are quite common.

you could cut slots in them and say they are Hoshino racing wheels! just gotta plug weld the bolt holes and redrill it 4x114.3 :P

Hey Layzorbeemz, you mention Hoshino Racing, but posted a pic of Work Equips :P

Anywho, this truck is coming along very well! I have a 94 Toyota on Racing Harts myself.

I've always wanted to see a 6 lug truck slammed on a set of Jaos Wheels such as these:

For Sale: Used Steering Wheels Nardi MOMO Italvolanti & More - UPDATED 06/28/2014
                  Instagram: Derrickology

Comment

Those wheels are beautiful. Haha. Looks like they have a decent price tag though.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Recent photo. I had a home depot lip on for two days, and I want a real front lip again. It hides some of the suspension components and really flows with the truck. KA head removal coming soon, I've just been stacking up parts for the swap.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Love your Isuzu man

Where abouts in Floriduh you at?
                        My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Comment

Can't wait till the swap is done, the truck is looking awesome man, wish i could have done something like this with my old d50
                          Blood,Sweat,and Gears

Comment

looks good man!
                            The ka swap is going to be rad.

And it's nice to see another regular show fan.

Comment

Holdin' it down in the 813! Tampa. I'm stoked for the swap as well. I should have most of the S13 parts this week, after that it's going to be the parts I need for getting the motor in.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Damn dude, you may have to make trip to my neck of the woods for simply clean 4 in November.
                                The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                                Originally posted by Dubway5887
                                I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Working...
                                X