No announcement yet.

Saving a Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub'd to see moar of your ct70 Honda passport. i have a 1980 in the exact same color. thing is such a blast to tool around town gangnam style!

Comment

Originally posted by 666 View Post
      sub'd to see moar of your ct70 Honda passport. i have a 1980 in the exact same color. thing is such a blast to tool around town gangnam style!
      haha! I love my C70 I've taken some serious rides on it over 100 miles round trip. I plan on putting a 140 in that thing over the winter. The 125 is fun but I want more power to pull hills at 40mph+.
      Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Small update... it's been cold as fuck, it snowed 6" yesterday, we had a hurricane, and well I've been lazy.

Anyways I plan on really diving into some stuff this weekend. I started off last night with something I've been putting off which is wire wheeling all the window glue out of the windshield frame down to bare metal. There was a little rust, but luckily only surface from the previous shit windshield installation. Tomorrow i'm gonna finish up sanding the cowl to prep it for primer and tackle some of the welding I've been avoiding.

Hit it with etching primer to cover the bare metal and here's the result. You can see my 88 650sx hiding in the background as well. (too many toys)

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

boringggggg body work.

finally tore into it, sanded the roof down, primed the window frames & cleaned up the cowl.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

nice kawi i got one too
            that's my winter project - weight reduction
            you can never have too many toys

Comment

Originally posted by j.kam View Post
              nice kawi i got one too
              that's my winter project - weight reduction
              you can never have too many toys
              thanks, yeah its been great I bought it blown up for $100 and got a brand new motor from SBT for $650. I've got a little over a G in it, and it's my 3rd season on the reman motor. goin strong!

The way I look at it is now I own it, it requires nothin else but gas and a $7 registration fee per year to have fun

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

new 5th came in, with necessary replacement parts. finally got a little more cash in my pocket from getting some new vehicles into my shop.

even got some candy with the gearset! haha

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

LOL @ the grape heads.. Can i haz some?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Awesome build! Love it!

2.0L 9A 16v running on Digi2
                    This is interesting. I have the same engine in my 94 Corrado, all stock. What do i need to run it on digital injection?

Also, my buddy just parted out an original mk2 GTI 16V and has these euro seats 4 sale

Let me know if youre interested.
                    slamburglars.com

Comment

Originally posted by G535 View Post
                      Awesome build! Love it!

This is interesting. I have the same engine in my 94 Corrado, all stock. What do i need to run it on digital injection?

Also, my buddy just parted out an original mk2 GTI 16V and has these euro seats .
                      If he isn't I sure am
                      This build is great. Keep up the good work
                      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Originally posted by G535 View Post
                        Awesome build! Love it!

This is interesting. I have the same engine in my 94 Corrado, all stock. What do i need to run it on digital injection?.
                        Thanks!
                        you should be able to find all the info you need to run a 16v on Digi2 injection here:

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                        If he isn't I sure am
                        This build is great. Keep up the good work
                        thanks! just finally got the transmission buttoned up tonight so the motor is going in this weekend. All I can say is let's hope it's good, I learned a lot, and I never want to do it again.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 11-29-2012, 12:47 PM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

finished off the front section of the tunnel with undercoat. the line on the left looks funny because of the perspective of this.

I finally mounted that shit up with a fresh transmission mount and shift bushings I had leftover from another rebuild kit. I spent a lotta time with the parts washer getting grime off all the linkage and painting it. Just need to paint the heads of the bolts since they're cleaned up (even though they don't really look like it.)

If you're wondering what that funny looking link is, it's literally just a weighted rod. From the factory, MK2s had kind of a "soft" gear engagement feel. The piece of round stock welded to it adds more mass and creates a more positive shift feeling and gear engagement. This is something they improved on with the MK3 generation linkage. Attached to that back at the main pivot point is an extended rod, which shortens the shift throw by roughly 40% so you're not punching your passenger in the leg when you hit 5th. Made both those pieces when I got my last car in 2006. :P

All I can say is cleaning that one aluminum bracket sucked balls and I definitely made the right choice in painting the transmission black. The aluminum they cast with just absorbs grease, oil, etc and is tarnished so easily. Few more things to take care of and this subframe is going in the car where it should have been MONTHS ago.

As soon as the motor is in there are some things I'd like to address. I'll be making all new ground cables, as well as changing the length of a few wires. I want to get an externally mounted adjustable fuel pressure regulator and clean up the fuel system a little bit. These are things I never got around to doing after finishing the swap on this injection system because well, it was just too fun driving it to take it off the road. I'm excited for the point of having little projects like that to tinker on.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

haha I **** how cleaning and painting things to make them look nice causes your otherwise normal looking parts to look terrible in comparison. It's like "who invited the brakes to the party?" Keep it up dude! looks like it's coming along

Comment

Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
                              haha I **** how cleaning and painting things to make them look nice causes your otherwise normal looking parts to look terrible in comparison. It's like "who invited the brakes to the party?" Keep it up dude! looks like it's coming along
                              hahah yes. they are hideous. I need new pads anyways so while the calipers are off i'll paint em. I have a 10.1" GLI brake setup sitting around but I'm not looking to buy new calipers right now.

and thanks homie

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

subframe bolted back in place! that's what i'm talkin about.

This may seem a little premature but I'm gonna have this thing running & driving before it gets painted. My painter needs to be able to move it around the shop on his own.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Working...
                                X