No announcement yet.

Saving a Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight I got the exhaust all painted and bolted on, here's a few pictures of how it sits, and holy crap the thing is solid. Major improvement over the one I had on the red car.

I also put the rear speakers in the car just to get em off the shelf (Infinity Kappa component 6.5") and mounted the crossovers in the trunk. Some of the blocking got done too.

paint on Wednesday!

Last edited by getamongst-it; 04-13-2013, 12:46 AM.
    Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• car goes to paint tomorrow! I ended up coppin a decent hood for $40 and the last bit of primer was laid down last night, just some final blocking.

Tires come in this week. let's do this

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• off to paint tonight!

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Oh yeah, happy time.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• Wow, this is an awesome build. Just picked up a MK2 Coupe the other day and swapped the Westy on her as well! Can't wait to see it once it's painted. Should look about as good as it gets! Very, very nice work sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by C.T. View Post
              Wow, this is an awesome build. Just picked up a MK2 Coupe the other day and swapped the Westy on her as well! Can't wait to see it once it's painted. Should look about as good as it gets! Very, very nice work sir.
              thanks man! I figured it was time for a Westy as it's the one front I've never had before. I have a dual round and aero setup too if I ever feel like changing it up. This is my 3rd MK2 and I basically wanted to just make the one I always wanted.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Jambs got sprayed Friday, curing over the weekend. My painter Mark wanted to spend the extra time taping to do them with the car all assembled in order to avoid chipping the bolt heads putting it back together. That's the kind of attention to detail I really appreciate, dude does an amazing job. I'll certainly grab a stack of his cards to hand out locally.

The car should be sprayed today or tomorrow. I can't wait to get it back and go to town on the final touches but I'm already so excited about this color.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 04-22-2013, 09:02 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• this happened on Saturday night too.
                  -165/50 on a 15x7.5-

We went with the starting fluid trick since Mike forgot the cheetah at work. The construction of the barrel on my wheels made it so we justtttt barely had to do this. It almost walked itself right on but just wasn't enough. For federals, the Formoza tires are fairly stiff. I love the rounded look of them tho.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 04-22-2013, 09:19 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Painter just sent these over, beyond excited about this.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• There is just nothing like a new paint job. Looking forward to see this back together.

Comment

• So we picked the car up last night and the paint looks phenomenal. It's not even going to need wet sanding anything at all, it's seriously like glass and I couldn't be more happy about that.

Now for the bad news, there's always bad news.

The bad news is that there's some pretty serious overspray under the hood which I'm livid about. I'm going to be having a word with my painter today when I pick up the bumpers. Lots of hours of painting and cleaning went into everything there, to have it ruined. I basically can't do anything about it until I pull the motor and repaint all sorts of black stuff, so if you see this car anytime soon, the hood is going to be shut.
                        Last edited by getamongst-it; 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• I like clean things.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Me too! now lets touch haha

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Man this looks so good!

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• This looks great so far, the attention to detail is A+

Comment

Working...
                                X