No announcement yet.

Dear Darla, I **** your stinkin' guts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bolted the bumper up and it still wasn't holding its shape right. Wasn't coming to a point at the center and it had bowed so instead of being a > it was more like a } (real high tech visual aid shit going on right there)

In that pic, there are blocks of wood wedged behind the middle at the bottom and zip ties holding the sides to the tow hooks to try to stretch it back to its shape. But that didn't work. So to remedy that situation, I welded up a brace/bracket type deal that will help it hold its shape and give me something to bolt to the body so the bumper stays firm when it hits the ground.

painted and bolted up

The PO of the bumper lived in a state where you have to have a front plate, so he had drilled holes in it, which I wasn't digging. So I used some zip tie clippings and a soldering iron and plastic welded them back up

I'm pretty stoked on how well that worked.

WELD ALL OF THE THINGS
    Last edited by C-Hutch; 11-13-2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Oh good job doofus you put a gob of metal on the front of your car. Now it's going to be extremely nose heavy.
      Volvo Build Thread
      Bmw Build Thread
      Toyota Build Thread
      zanebonk instagram
      Tumblrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by montgomery View Post
        Oh good job doofus you put a gob of metal on the front of your car. Now it's going to be extremely nose heavy.
        The better for doing cool stoppies and shit.

Killer progress so far man. Glad to see you doing another car properly.
        IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Oh good job doofus you put a gob of metal on the front of your car. Now it's going to be extremely nose heavy.
          It weighs like... a pound. But I'll just assume you're one of those Ignant kids since you're from Orgun and clearly a doofus yourself.

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
          The better for doing cool stoppies and shit.

Killer progress so far man. Glad to see you doing another car properly.
          Thanks man! Pretty excited to get it looking good. A little birdy said it might change colors this weekend.........

Comment

• Yeeeeeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post

Thanks man! Pretty excited to get it looking good. A little birdy said it might change colors this weekend.........
              Like one of those weird hotwheels that turns a pale shade of purple when you drop it in water?
              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
                I used some zip tie clippings and a soldering iron and plastic welded them back up
                God damnit that is brilliant. And after that little birdie drops some paint on it, this is going to be looking good.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
                my tumblr.
                What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                  Like one of those weird hotwheels that turns a pale shade of purple when you drop it in water?
                  I FUCKIN LOVED THOSE. hell yeah toys

Comment

• Don't use "Ignant Kid" as an insult.

I don't appreciate that.

Your front end is all out of balance now, by the way. Too much metal up there.

Comment

• There's actually a DJ on a local rap station that says "WE FINNA GET IGNANT UP IN HURRR" all the time. Makes me think of you. And not in a good way.

Comment

• I am not one of those miscreants. They keep trying to make me join but clint eastwood never had a big gang.
                        Volvo Build Thread
                        Bmw Build Thread
                        Toyota Build Thread
                        zanebonk instagram
                        Tumblrrrr

Comment

I am not one of those miscreants. They keep trying to make me join but clint eastwood never had a big gang.
                          Let's get one thing straight.

IGNANT SQUAD WILL NOT AND HAS NOT EVER TRIED TO RECRUIT ZANE SQUAD.

Comment

• OH MY GOD GANG WARn*ggas gon' die tonight

Comment

• sheep don't recruit bears
                              Volvo Build Thread
                              Bmw Build Thread
                              Toyota Build Thread
                              zanebonk instagram
                              Tumblrrrr

Comment

• I'M HAPPY THIS THREAD IS BEING USED FOR THIS. PAGE 23 IS A GOOD ONE. Also, bears don't need to be taught how to hyperlink by their friends. Dingus. Not a real bear.

Comment

Working...
                                X