Dear Darla, I **** your stinkin' guts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post

ain't that about a bitch? those seals were like "Every day the same thing. 'keep the oil in the head, seals' 'that's your job, seals' 'don't let the oil into the cylinders, seals' Well you know what? I quit. I'm done. Not gonna work for the man anymore. Oil can do whatever it wants. How do you like that, C-Hutch? How bout a little oil in the cylinders? WON'T TAKE US FOR GRANTED ANYMORE, WILL YA, YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCK??"
    Hahaha I wasn't too mad cause mine sat for over 20 years and dried up. I was just pissed that I had to pull the head off to get the rocker arm shafts out... such a pain in the ass. Anyways sweet build, keep it up

Comment

• Cleaning up the pistons

Did a light hone just to de-glaze the cylinder walls. They still had cross-hatching before I touched them, just freshening up the surface a bit before the new rings go in.

Cleaning out the ring grooves with a broken piece of an old ring

And here are the new ones!

As of right now, the pistons are all back in the block with new rings on them. It got dark and I want to be able to see what I'm doing when I put the bearings in.

Comment

• I heart all this rebuilding, most guys would have swapped it but I like that you stuck with the M10. I have a fresh M10 going in mine this winter haha
        My '66 C10 Build
        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

• As much as i disapprove of all M10's i guess ill have to subscribe. Dear C-Hutch, i **** your stinkin guts -Love, Brennan
          Join the dark side:The Boog Build Thread

Comment

• Nice work again!

Comment

• nice progress! I'm still dying to see what color you paint the engine bay so I can know what color the car is going to be haha

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• haha yeah I need to finish that. I guess having the engine together will give me some motivation. Plus I want to get it sealed up before surface rust starts forming on the steel. I coated everything in oil, but still. My garage is as weather proof as a chain link fence.

Comment

• Block is all done! Just need to finish cleaning the outside of it up. Mains installed.

New crank sprocket

Torque wrenchin'

All buttoned up

And the oil pump installed

I'd get a nice camera to avoid such shitty pictures, but I'd get it extremely greasy and ruin it. So cell pics for now, sorry

Comment

• I'm not normally a fan of old bmw's, but I do like the fact that you're going full blown ADD on this car and putting your dick-beaters on every square inch of this Bratwurst Mobile.
                    Well done and good luck
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Everyone thinks it's so cute how you're cleaning this engine and stuff.

I'm not amused, you still have wheelgap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        I'm not normally a fan of old bmw's, but I do like the fact that you're going full blown ADD on this car and putting your dick-beaters on every square inch of this Bratwurst Mobile.
                        Well done and good luck
                        NOT A FAN OF OLD BMWS?! WHAT ARE YOU ON BMW|WORKS FOR THEN???
                        Originally posted by willis View Post
                        Everyone thinks it's so cute how you're cleaning this engine and stuff.

I'm not amused, you still have wheelgap.
                        Every time you post, I read it in the voice of Blake, and find whatever you're saying highly amusing. So I'm amused.

Comment

• I'm here for the lulz
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

So true.....

Comment

Every time you post, I read it in the voice of Blake, and find whatever you're saying highly amusing. So I'm amused.
                              both of these responses are spot on haha

how did you learn to do all this engine work? I'm trying to learn but sometimes the internet can be a blessing or a burden.
                              Last edited by CubbyChowder; 09-01-2012, 02:26 AM.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                                I'm here for the lulz
                                I suppose that's as good a reason as any.
                                Originally posted by MattyHacks71 View Post
                                So true.....
                                In the beginning, I fought it as well. But they're really great. You just gotta get in one.
                                Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                                both of these responses are spot on haha

how did you learn to do all this engine work? I'm trying to learn but sometimes the internet can be a blessing or a burden.
                                Man, I really don't mean to sound conceited when I say this, but it honestly just comes as common sense to me. I opened the repair manual once to check the torque specs, and everything else was just sort of autopilot. I took stuff apart and put it back together as a little kid. I remember taking my parents' answering machine apart when I was 5. They were pissed, so I just put it back together and plugged it back in. When you get down to it, everything is just made of parts that are held together by bolts or screws or clips. As long as you put it back the way it was, but with new parts, you're golden.

Comment

Working...
                                X